Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Smoking Mint Leaves?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Question Smoking Mint Leaves?

Has anyone tried smoking mint leaves? can it work? is it recommendable?

it just smells so good!
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
DeezNuts
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Smoking Mint Leaves?

i would be interested in seeing if anyone has tried it. Are you meaning mixed into the shisha or just straight leaves though lol. I tend to think smoking straight leaves wouldnt work out that well
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

haha just straight up cuz i like solid mint flavors, but i could always try to mix
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
wicket_nirvana
Hookah Newbie

i read a thread about a guy putting lemon rind under the coal for a little five minute blast of lemon flavor mixed with whatever flavor he was smoking. maybe try that with the mint leaves too
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Straight mint in a pipe is none too pleasant. Natural mint is not what mint tobacco tastes like. They taste like mint extract. Natural mint leaves are used in smoking blends to add a bit of a cooling flavor and another layer of complexity to the smoke. Alone they taste like tea and are harsh on the lungs and sinuses. Mixed with mullein, raspberry leaf, lavender and a couple other flavoring components they can be part of a pleasant smoke.

Do not expect this to be anything like smoking shisha tobacco. I do not suggest you try it.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

I've smoked peppermint leaves in a little pipe of mine, good stuff when mixed with skullcap, but it's nto really something you'd do for flavour
Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i had pondered it, i also pondered smoking some of my loose leaf teas after DMC tried it with the powder tea leaves out of the bags.

i want to find a super strong mint flavor, i dont like mizo mint, just doesnt have the right flavor for me, regular nakhla mint is nice but more menthol than mint, and AF mint was pretty good but had a bit of a weird flavor and im just not a fan of AF, to much liquid, salloum mint was just horrid

-mat
Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:54 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
i had pondered it, i also pondered smoking some of my loose leaf teas after DMC tried it with the powder tea leaves out of the bags.

i want to find a super strong mint flavor, i dont like mizo mint, just doesnt have the right flavor for me, regular nakhla mint is nice but more menthol than mint, and AF mint was pretty good but had a bit of a weird flavor and im just not a fan of AF, to much liquid, salloum mint was just horrid

-mat
Yea, normal Nakhla Mint is my favorite, it kinda has that eukalyptus flavor to it. But as far as peppermint or spearmint there is none. I generally mix a few mints together like HF peppermint schnapps and Havana Menthol and it gives a nice effect
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

Have you tried Pharaoh's Mint? It actually tastes pretty close to mint extract. It's one of my new favorites.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

hmm so what if i blend it in with my flavors? like natural mint leaves and lemon?
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnphoto View Post
hmm so what if i blend it in with my flavors? like natural mint leaves and lemon?
give it a shot, mint has been smoked for a good long while like was talked about before, just give it a shot.

i really want to get some tobacco and try to make some shisha and try to make a strong mint, maybe some mint leaves and mint extract

-matt
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:48 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Quote:
give it a shot, mint has been smoked for a good long while like was talked about before, just give it a shot.

i really want to get some tobacco and try to make some shisha and try to make a strong mint, maybe some mint leaves and mint extract

-matt
As soon as i get my Nammor Hoses tomorrowwwwwww!
Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
As soon as i get my Nammor Hoses tomorrowwwwwww!
lemon/baking soda/vinegar the hell out of it. its gona be super plastic tasting. i got to the point that i couldnt smoke with it even after washing it some and had to stop and wash the hell out of it and just some super super strong flavors. even earl grey was getting killed by the bit of plastic taste left

i love my nammors but that is one of the issues i have with them, along with the fact they like to break apart (just had one die after about 9 months of use, i can glue it back together once i dig out my moms old glue gun (sucks being home for the summer and not having what you need where you know it is). i broke another one by dropping the port side on my concrete floor by accident but was able to glue it back together with CA.

god now im sitting here evaluating how many hoses i need to buy since i am tired of having some flavors ghost over since we are talking about hoses

-matt
Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:11 PM
xin666
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to xin666

I've got fresh mint leave growing in my front yard and i'm planning on putting some in my base with the water at some point.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

^maybe crush them in a mortar and pestle?
Old June 3rd, 2009, 04:43 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

i think it will work, but im not sure, if its less harmful than smoking mint tobacco.
flavor will be worse, too
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
Bellmar
Hookah Newbie

I don't know anything about smoking real mint, but if you are looking for a super strong mint to smoke, try Saalaam Breeze O Mint. It's herbal, but the strongest MINT you will find.

Check out Siagcore's video review on Saalaam Breeze O Mint. He's has the most video reviews and has probably reviewed every mint out there. But, he says this stuff is the strongest and tastes most like mint and not spearmint or menthol.

I hope this help.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellmar View Post
I don't know anything about smoking real mint, but if you are looking for a super strong mint to smoke, try Saalaam Breeze O Mint. It's herbal, but the strongest MINT you will find.
i bet its not
serbetli mint is the strongest ive ever had. its really hard to smoke this stuff, but i love it
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

I used to roll up mint leaves in rolling paper actually & smoke them. Tastes great, great sensation in the throat & tastes better than cigarettes haha.
I put them in with some shisha sometimes but usually its better in the water. The cocistency of the shisha w/ the leaves doesn't work to well
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Quote:
lemon/baking soda/vinegar the hell out of it. its gona be super plastic tasting. i got to the point that i couldnt smoke with it even after washing it some and had to stop and wash the hell out of it and just some super super strong flavors. even earl grey was getting killed by the bit of plastic taste left

i love my nammors but that is one of the issues i have with them, along with the fact they like to break apart (just had one die after about 9 months of use, i can glue it back together once i dig out my moms old glue gun (sucks being home for the summer and not having what you need where you know it is). i broke another one by dropping the port side on my concrete floor by accident but was able to glue it back together with CA.

god now im sitting here evaluating how many hoses i need to buy since i am tired of having some flavors ghost over since we are talking about hoses

-matt
well it didnt come its been stuck in Roanoke VA all day and im only in Richmond! and yeah the first thing im planning to do it wash them all out, a couple of people say theres this purple-ish stuff that comes out the first time you was it which im suspecting is the suspect behind the plastic flavor
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xin666 View Post
I've got fresh mint leave growing in my front yard and i'm planning on putting some in my base with the water at some point.
make a mojito in your base
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
well it didnt come its been stuck in Roanoke VA all day and im only in Richmond! and yeah the first thing im planning to do it wash them all out, a couple of people say theres this purple-ish stuff that comes out the first time you was it which im suspecting is the suspect behind the plastic flavor
idk for sure i think its part of the dye but even after you wash it and it doesnt come out black any more its pretty bad, 10-15 mins of washing though should kick it out, others have set it up where air got blown through it for a few hours and that helped too.

also DO NOT USE WARM OR HOT WATER, you have probably seen this before but if not it has a high chance of messing up the hot glue they used to assemble it. warm water would be better at kicking out the taste probably but of course cant use it

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook