Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Back to Iraq!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
cemab4y
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to cemab4y
Default Back to Iraq!

I arrived here at Camp Victory yesterday morning. It is HOT HOT HOT. I still have jet-lag, as well. At least the food is tolerable. I was here last in 2008, at Camp Taji. I got ill, and I had to get some medical treatment in the USA. I gave away all of my hookahs and supplies, and 10 kilos of tobacco. The Iraqi men I worked with, were all grateful.

I will be here in Iraq for about 90 days, then I will be transferred up to Afghanistan. I checked out the hookahs for sale at the local bazaar. They are all "crap". I find it ironic, that here in the middle of the Arab world, the hookahs are all lousy. I am going to get on the web, and get some items sent to me in the APO mail.

If there are any hookah smokers in the Camp Victory or VBC (Victory Base Complex) area, who would like to meet up for a smoke, please email or PM me.
Old June 8th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Re: Back to Iraq!

Hey Charles, I made it back from Afghanistan and I remember you said you had an order coming from MNH, let me know if you need anything and I will send it over.

Billy
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:42 AM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

yeah i'm over in qatar, the hookahs they have here are garbage as well. same with the tobacco and coals. a friend of mine went and bought some yesterday so i'll give it a whirl, not really expecting much out of it, though.

got 2 months, 3 weeks left til i'm back home smokin like a chimney
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:54 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Well to be fair you're in Iraq...honestly youre not going to get the best selection of hookahs there at any point.

In Syria and Egypt you can find the right markets to get great hookahs and tobaccos and coals.

Not too surprised at Qatar's selection, I bet they have a lot of chinese crap there.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Fall
Hookah Nut

..I don't know why you'd expect any amazing hookahs in a post war Iraq, i mean sure it's the middle east but if you go to Washington you aren't going to find any top end Barbecue restaurants.
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:06 PM
PiNKL0VE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to PiNKL0VE Send a message via Yahoo to PiNKL0VE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemab4y View Post
I arrived here at Camp Victory yesterday morning. It is HOT HOT HOT. I still have jet-lag, as well. At least the food is tolerable. I was here last in 2008, at Camp Taji. I got ill, and I had to get some medical treatment in the USA. I gave away all of my hookahs and supplies, and 10 kilos of tobacco. The Iraqi men I worked with, were all grateful.

I will be here in Iraq for about 90 days, then I will be transferred up to Afghanistan. I checked out the hookahs for sale at the local bazaar. They are all "crap". I find it ironic, that here in the middle of the Arab world, the hookahs are all lousy. I am going to get on the web, and get some items sent to me in the APO mail.

If there are any hookah smokers in the Camp Victory or VBC (Victory Base Complex) area, who would like to meet up for a smoke, please email or PM me.
my dad is currently at camp victory too, although he is not a hookah lover. good luck with your stay, be safe!
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
Well to be fair you're in Iraq...
LOL +1
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:18 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy