Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Delay from the thehookah.com

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 6th, 2009, 11:10 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default Delay from the thehookah.com

i have placed a order with TheHookah since the 25th of the previus month and the status has not changed since then. I was wondering if anyone else placed an order with them and still hasnt shipped.
I was thinking that maybe the status doesnt change for intarnational orders because Airmail usually doesnt have tracking.

I did not contact the vendor yet But if it doesnt ship untli monday i probably will.

Anyone else with the same problem?
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:20 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: Delay from the thehookah.com

I ve ordered from them in the past where I ordered something that was OOS, and my order status didn't change for four days or so then I called and they told me it was OOS and I had to change something. Kinda annoying that they didnt call me right away and ask if I wanted to change instead of waiting to get it back in stock.
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

I ordered with them during that buy one get one coal deal. It got to Maryland in about a week and a half. If they don't let you know if it's shipped by the end of the week, I'd say call up there.
Old June 7th, 2009, 12:27 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

To be honest they aren't one of my top vendors to order from. They do have a great selection of hookahs and tobacco and from what others have posted if you want to customize they will work with you but as far as their shipping and processing. I'd call them and see whats up.
Old June 7th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishaholiC View Post
i have placed a order with TheHookah since the 25th of the previus month and the status has not changed since then. I was wondering if anyone else placed an order with them and still hasnt shipped.
I was thinking that maybe the status doesnt change for intarnational orders because Airmail usually doesnt have tracking.

I did not contact the vendor yet But if it doesnt ship untli monday i probably will.

Anyone else with the same problem?
I remember a month ago some guy made a review somewhere else about it taking a month in a half... but thehookah.com played victim cuz he never called or emailed him .. even though he did

I don't recommend ordering for them.. and they just sent someone a rusted km and ive heard of them doin this four time in the last 2 months

and dont order from them if u want fast shipping
Old June 7th, 2009, 03:54 AM
alxs210
Hookah Newbie

i ordered with them on the 25th and didn't get it until yesterday...
Old June 7th, 2009, 04:54 AM
reality-
Banned

yeah I got that bullshit KM ultimate hose that I made a thread about.. They will not allow you to do a honest proper bad review about it on their site either.. so thats why the stuff always has best reviews from themselves ( lol ) or none..
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM
chsknight
Hookah Nut

i say give them the banhammer muhahah
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:21 PM
khalsafauji
Hookah Pro

I guess I have had a little bit of a different experience. I just bought a KM hookah from them and they shipped it the next day. I did HOWEVER, call them and tell them that I needed it ASAP so that's probably what made the difference.
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:38 PM
mgmtbiker13
Hookah Newbie

Yeah I ordered a KM on a saturday, they shipped it on a monday and had it by friday. No Issues with the shipping or anything.
Old June 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsknight View Post
i say give them the banhammer muhahah
They're still a reputable vendor. The only vendors that are banned on here are so for reasons bigger than slow processing, which is really the only complaint pple have with them.
Old June 13th, 2009, 06:17 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

ordered two boxes of coals on monday, received on friday.

should have been faster, seems like the processing takes awhile...
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:25 AM
TheHookah.com
Vendor

Just an FYI order was placed on the 26th and shipped on the 29th. Within our processing time window. International orders are picked up twice a week not daily. Man you guys are quick to jump on the hate the vendor bandwagon
Old June 14th, 2009, 06:22 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

The thread was started on the 6 of June because the status didnt change from procesed to shipped or somthing for 12 days which seemed wierd.
All i asked was if the status changes immidiatelely after the package is shipped (which as i understand now, i doesnt) or if the status system works differently for international orders.
Sorry for the confusion

Anyhow, the package has arrived in Cyprus but i still havent gotten it -because of the local post office- (not thehookah's fault)
Old June 14th, 2009, 08:49 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

I didn't mean to derail it into a hate thread. I have two vendor reviews of thehookah on youtube, both of which are positive. I have made multiple purchases there in the past, I just brought up the one issue that I have had in the past that may or may not be relevant.
Old June 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Trivial
Banned

He asked, "Anyone else with the same problem?"... but I guess giving your opinion that's not positive is jumping on a hate bandwagon.
Old June 14th, 2009, 05:06 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

The processing time was actually the second fatest i've had up to now for international order. After John who shipped the same day, thehooakh proccesed the oreder next day and shipped.
My problem was that the status on their website didnt change untli the 6th of June and i didnt know that it had been shipped (on the 29th as the tracking number shows). That does not affect my opinion on the vendor. The proccessing and shipping was fast and thats what matters.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM
TheHookah.com
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
He asked, "Anyone else with the same problem?"... but I guess giving your opinion that's not positive is jumping on a hate bandwagon.
Well there were a few replies that were not relevant to the thread.

I always stress the following, take it up with the vendor before going to the forums. It's only fair to the vendor whomever it may be. Most of the times it's a simple misunderstanding followed by a simple resolution.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHookah.com View Post

I always stress the following, take it up with the vendor before going to the forums. It's only fair to the vendor whomever it may be. Most of the times it's a simple misunderstanding followed by a simple resolution.
In my opinion, the responsible thing to do is to contact the vendor and get their response before going public w/a post that can often snowball into a ''hate bandwagon''. Vendors are people too and sometimes make mistakes. As do postal services and shipping agencies. It's always best to reach out to the vendor before exposing them to a public flogging. Don't get me wrong. Our members are free to voice their opinions but we have a resposibility to get the facts first. Just my humble opinion, of course.
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:

I agree.

But instead of typing (which came off as arrogant and calling out everyone in the thread)
Quote:
Just an FYI order was placed on the 26th and shipped on the 29th. Within our processing time window. International orders are picked up twice a week not daily. Man you guys are quick to jump on the hate the vendor bandwagon
A better substitute could have been...

I have taken care of the problem that happened with shishaholiC's order. The order was placed on the 26th and shipped on the 29th
which is with in our processing time window and our International orders are picked up only twice a week and not daily. I apologize for
the status not changing on the order but in the future it would be greatly appreciated it if you Contact us first. We offer great customer
service and always ready to help!

You can contact me by email
TH@yahoo.com

or by phone at
(555) 555-5555

SIncerely,
Paul Adams from thehookah.com

Handling it like this would be much more professional and I am sure, much more appreciated by the members of hookahpro

Thanks

Last edited by Trivial; June 15th, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
I agree.

But instead of typing (which came off as arrogant and calling out everyone in the thread)

A better substitute could have been...

I have taken care of the problem that happened with shishaholiC's order. The order was placed on the 26th and shipped on the 29th which is with in our processing time window
and our International orders are picked up only twice a week and not daily. I apologize for the status not changing on the order but in the future it would be greatly appreciated
it if you Contact us first. We offer great customer service and always ready to help!

You can contact me by email
TH@yahoo.com

or by phone at
(555) 555-5555

SIncerely,
Paul Adams from thehookah.com

Handling it like this would be much more professional and I am sure, much more appreciated by the members of hookahpro

Thanks
Hey man he's a guy on a forum, not an ambassador. I'd say what he did too if someone(s) were going on and on about my legitimate business when they were mistaken.

I don't know why people have to get so fucking touchy on the internet most of the time *cough* but I do understand if someone is insulting my business aka my source of income in a public forum and it's unfounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
In my opinion, the responsible thing to do is to contact the vendor and get their response before going public w/a post that can often snowball into a ''hate bandwagon''. Vendors are people too and sometimes make mistakes. As do postal services and shipping agencies. It's always best to reach out to the vendor before exposing them to a public flogging. Don't get me wrong. Our members are free to voice their opinions but we have a resposibility to get the facts first. Just my humble opinion, of course.
I agree. At least get your order in, that's probably wiser anyway, you never know if they didn't put that 50g box of shisha somewhere naughty.
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
Hey man he's a guy on a forum, not an ambassador. I'd say what he did too if someone(s) were going on and on about my legitimate business when they were mistaken.

I don't know why people have to get so fucking touchy on the internet most of the time *cough* but I do understand if someone is insulting my business aka my source of income in a public forum and it's unfounded.
I don't think you grasp what I am saying. He is a representing his company and what he says represents his company. There is a way to state you point and be professional.

You can say "he's a guy on a forum" but in reality he is a a business man that is representing his company on www.HookahPro.com with his words and actions.

I am done with this thread now. I have stated my opinion and said all that I thinks need to be said.
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Wow some of y'all are touchy to say the least. I agree with abu ronin 100%. I love how folks like to critique a vendor based on heresay. If you have dealt with them yourself, then you have the right to comment about thier customer service, shipping, processing etc. Saying I know a guy or I heard they sent this blah blah blah, is unfair.
Old June 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

ok, i've had it. if anyone needs me to go over to thehookah and give them a kick in the nuts just say it.......

jk, they are really good guys, I know them personally and they will make up for it. didn't they settle this already?
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM
TheHookah.com
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
ok, i've had it. if anyone needs me to go over to thehookah and give them a kick in the nuts just say it.......
jk, they are really good guys, I know them personally and they will make up for it. didn't they settle this already?
Haha John don't make me go over there and take all of your charcoal and sell it!

The ironic thing is that this was never an issue to begin with and my reply to the thread was in no way directed towards shishaholiC. My concern is how the thread quickly snowballed into "I once heard...", "...Ban..." etc. We would appreciate it if the replies are kept relevant to the topic at hand and to your personal experiences with the discussed vendor. Vendors work hard for a reputation and the least you can do is give them the benefit of the doubt. After all we are big supporters of this forum and actually offer the biggest discount to this forum than any other on the web.

This is supposed to be a fun and friendly environment where members and vendors can interact on a less casual level. I don't think every post from fellow vendors has to sound like a State of the Union Address.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook