Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Should I try Tangiers?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 25th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Should I try Tangiers?

I am very interested in Tangiers as I understand it is not washed and is very flavourful. However, I have heard that it has to sit out for a day or two before smoking, is very difficult to manage from a heating standpoint and a lot of the reviews are super negative. As a result, I am unsure what, if any, Tangiers flavours are worth risking and how I should smoke any given product.
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:17 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Should I try Tangiers?

I think you should try it out. Yes it needs to acclimate for a little bit, some people say a few hours to a day. Tangiers dosn't take a lot of heat to smoke. I think you should try it out for yourself. Just don't try watermelon or raspberry as your smoke of choice lol.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

yeah, I agree, at least try it out once!? and in response to watermelon, I agree, I didn't like it at all! See my review.

If you want, I could send you some vanilla?

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:29 PM
TheAlmightyClaw
Hookah Newbie

I think your should try it. I feel that if its done right (it may take a little bit), you can get a good smoke that gives you a GREAT BUZZ. (Although I feel its best to use a phunnel bowl, but I feel that it also improves other brands also).
Old October 25th, 2007, 04:47 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I don't smoke Tangiers for the buzz, i smoke for the flavor it contains. It's flavor is so natural, and so realistic, what you think you are going to get when you smoke it for the first time is what you WILL get, only stronger and more pronounced. Brambleberry has to be my favorite, although it is one of the most heat sensitive flavors (the fruity ones seem to be more temperamental). A great one to start out with is Horchata. It has a nice sweet flavor, and when you add too much coal, or too little, or have messed up the bowl in some way, it is much more forgiving in regards to your throat and lungs. I will always say that it is worth as many tries as it takes you to get it right. That's why it is so much cheaper than any other tobacco.

I could send you a number of flavors, including Horchata, for you to try out. But at roughly 10 bucks a pop, you can't really go wrong.

It also mixes great with other shishas, can i prefer SB Pumpkin pie and Tangiers Horchata?
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:12 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

tangiers is pretty damn good on flavor. bought a bag from bilal and we smoked it at a hookah bar. he packed the bowl and we started smoking and a couple girls came by asking to try it

there was very little buzz, i think the only buzz i got was due to oxygen deprivation but nothing from the nic. me and PP smoked the same flavor again a couple days later and then we tried horchata but same thing no buzz for either of us.

to acclimate it just check your weather compared to san diego normally without the fires. opened it and let it just sit there maybe 20 minutes before it was packed and was just fine. really watch the heat because once it burns its gone so be on it always checking the coals.
Old October 25th, 2007, 09:51 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Damn there doesn't seem to be a "Right" way to smoke Tangiers, like everyone always says. Cause alot of different people do it each their own way and get it going right. i think that Tangiers stuff is a Myth...

But i do find over-packing the bowl eliminates itch in the throat.
Old October 28th, 2007, 06:53 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Hajo- Are you going to try it or what lol

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:39 PM
ghostofdavid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ghostofdavid Send a message via MSN to ghostofdavid Send a message via Yahoo to ghostofdavid

You owe it to yourself to try their Kashmir Peach. I can't really describe it but to say it is like an incense version of peach. Very delicious. Let us know what you do if you do anything.
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

i say try anything once.. as long as its not going to kill you.. so i would definetally try it out..
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM
girlgeek
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to girlgeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofdavid
You owe it to yourself to try their Kashmir Peach. I can't really describe it but to say it is like an incense version of peach. Very delicious. Let us know what you do if you do anything.
Ever smelled nag champa(sp?) incense? That's about the only thing I can smell and taste with that stuff.
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:02 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Well I decided to give it a try and ordered some kashmir peach, Kiwi and Blueberry. I hope I haven't wasted 30USD. Any tips about using the stuff is welcome.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook