Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shisha Cut

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 15th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Th3DonDada
Hookah Nut

Default Shisha Cut

Ok so I've been smoking SB and AF alternating between the two and I've been thinking about the cut on them. SB has a rough medium cut and AF has a fine cut. Does the cut of the shisha matter in smoking and clouds? My logic is that the finer the cut, the better the smoke will be because the shisha will roast more evenly and faster since the tobacco is smaller. But that's just me. Any input on the subject, guys? I might get a slap-chop-esque kitchen tool to fine cut the SB I got around.
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:50 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy
Default Re: Shisha Cut

i dont know if i would do what your talking about. i smoke allot of diffrent tobaccos and i always get really good clouds and flavor from starbuzz. and a bit less from AF but thats my opinion. I personally think every tobacco has its fan buss and i try to stay impartial since every one has somthing i like besides jewels and soex witch personally i wont smoke even if given to me. But some will go one way or the other on this topic but ive had good clouds from both and bad cloud days on both but very rarley do i with sb. Also allot has to do with the flavor of the brand cause some smoke better than others. I guess give it a go and report back to us on how it smokes. I personally just started smoking some Desi Murli thanks to Bigpappa and it is beyond fine cut but it has very little smoke straight from the package and even with a mixture of molases honey and glycerin didnt put out a whole lot of smoke. But Desi has some of the most awsome traditional flavors with a buzz sent down from the heavens. This stuff is not for the light smoker but good without allot of smoke. Just my thought on you question good luck.

Last edited by 1lowtoy; June 15th, 2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: had to give bigpappa props for his generosity
Old June 15th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Cut translates to clouds? Not sure but if you look at it this way. Epic/Zona is floating in glycerin and produces some of the industries largest clouds. No taste but monster weather pattern clouds. Nakhla regular line is quite dry compared and doesn't always produce big clouds. But it has good flavor. I would imagine it's more to do with moisture than cut, for clouds that is.
Old June 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I never paid much attention to cut as you'd know from my vids haha.

Not sure what motivates certain companies to go with diff cuts, but it doesnt make 2 shits to the wind difference to me
Old June 15th, 2009, 09:18 PM
holeyguy66
Hookah Newbie

o smoke sb and now tangiers i get good and bad clouds some days
Old June 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Trivial
Banned

I get better clouds from starbuzz
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

Same here I get better smoke with SB but then when I smoke at hookah bars (which use AF) I get just as good clouds if not better. But at hookah bars it's always out of grape fruit bowls where I go. Dunno if the bowl is making a difference or what.
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:47 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

if you set it up right you will get great clouds no matter what.

finer cut just means they can use lower quality tobacco or at least cheaper tobacco since it is smaller pieces.

honestly though cut doesnt bother me too much except the HH cut that is just the shredded pipe tobacco and i feel gives a weird taste and smokes a bit weird

-matt
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Yea, hookah hookah cut is easier to pack evenly, but it usually doesnt smoke that well for me, ive gotten better clouds from original Nakhla. But, between starbuzzz and AF, i would give it to starbuzz, Af has a more even cut, but perhaps its the uneven cuts that make it smoke better. If you think about it, an uneven packing method would have more surface area exposed to the direct heat from the coals. Whereas HH or AF would only be the top layer.
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post

finer cut just means they can use lower quality tobacco or at least cheaper tobacco since it is smaller pieces.

-matt
wut?I have never heard that before
Old June 16th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
Yea, most of the finer cuts are from the places that cigarette or pipe companies get their tobacco from.
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
by using finer cuts you can use smaller pieces of tobacco which are cheaper scraps usually. same idea with cigs pipes cigars. it at least used to be (not sure if this is still the practice any where or not) but they would roll the cigars sweep up the floor, pick up all the good pieces for pipe tobacco then sweep the rest up for cigs. same idea with sausage, it uses the unused pieces of meat that no one else wants, doesnt mean it necessarily is lower quality.. all the time at least, but it is sure cheaper

-matt
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Th3DonDada
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
by using finer cuts you can use smaller pieces of tobacco which are cheaper scraps usually. same idea with cigs pipes cigars. it at least used to be (not sure if this is still the practice any where or not) but they would roll the cigars sweep up the floor, pick up all the good pieces for pipe tobacco then sweep the rest up for cigs. same idea with sausage, it uses the unused pieces of meat that no one else wants, doesnt mean it necessarily is lower quality.. all the time at least, but it is sure cheaper

-matt
Crud, that sounds kind of nasty but oh well. I wouldn't mind it though but I shall give SB a try again next time I have a session.
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3DonDada View Post
Crud, that sounds kind of nasty but oh well. I wouldn't mind it though but I shall give SB a try again next time I have a session.
i honestly dont know how the tobacco they get is but it does come down to that you can pass off lower quality stuff in finer cuts, it could be the highest quality tobacco youve ever had though.

from my experience larger cuts smoke longer

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook