Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

To set up a REAL GREAT hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 16th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Alpha_1
Hookah Newbie

Default To set up a REAL GREAT hookah

Hey there.
I have been smoking for a while but i keep getting a feeling that i might have some room for improvements, and i would say that im the most experience within my group of friends. So if anyone can give me pointer, even a step-by-step help I woul be over the moon
Thanks a mill
Old June 16th, 2009, 05:42 AM
esteban
Hookah Pro

Default Re: To set up a REAL GREAT hookah

Video search is your friend
Old June 16th, 2009, 07:16 AM
reality-
Banned

forum search as well....................
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

it's all about finding what's best for your set-up. not every hookah/bowl/tobacco works the same. you'll get a general idea from the videos but just remember you might have to tweak it if it doesnt work right the first time.

Old June 16th, 2009, 02:13 PM
nyyr2gr8
Hookah Newbie

this is a very opinionated question, as many people have different ways that make their hookah smoke to their liking.. here are some of my suggestions though..

1) Natural Coals - if you want the best taste out of your tobacco you should shy away from quick lights.. the sulfur in them will taint the taste of your shisha.. natural coals take a little longer to light, but it is definitely worth the wait

2) Use foil, not a screen cover - I personally do not like using screen covers because i had a bad experience one time with a lot of ash and charcoal mixing in with my shisha.. just stick with some heavy duty reynolds wrap foil

3) Poke enough, but not too much - when poking holes in your foil, use a toothpick but don't push in all the way.. if you go too far the holes become too big (or at least too big for my liking).. poke holes in circles from the outside of the bowl, in to the center

4) Don't over/underpack your bowl - sprinkle your tobacco into your bowl and leave about 2 millimeters between the top of the shisha and the top of the bowl.. if you overpack it you will construct airflow, and if you underpack it, it may burn incorrectly

5) Cold water - use cold water in your vase.. i typically like to put water in the vase and throw it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.. if you have a washable hose, you might want to put that in the freezer too.. this will give your smoke an incredibly cooling feeling.. the reason why i say only to do this with a washable hose is because when the hose eventually finds its way back to room temperature, it will leave condensation inside the hose.. this will cause the hose to rust easily if it is not washable..

Smoking hookah is an art, not a science.. test out new ideas and prove my ideas wrong if you can.. have fun with it because there are endless possibilities out there.. everyone has their own preferences so experiment for a little until you get yours just right
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Trivial
Banned

Get this setup and you shall be teh best

KM trimetal
coconara natural coals
razan.. razan maxura or KM "AS" hose
small tangiers phunnel
giant windcover from hookahcompany
electric stove from walgreens
heavy duty foil

Old June 16th, 2009, 03:33 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

that guy pretty much got it all anouther thing that will make a big difference is in the way you pack your bowl, break it up, you want it nice and fluffy so it all burns evenly, I ussually blow through the botom of the bowl after the holes are poked, that way it opens up the airways.
Old June 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

cool idea about throwing the hose in the freezer but I think im too lazy to remember doing all that. I just wanna smoke.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook