Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New Dangers of hookah or bull crap?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 19th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser
Default Re: New Dangers of hookah or bull crap?

If you inhale mold spores is CAN and will be very unhealthy. That has nothing to do with hookah and more to do with responsibility though as anything with mold on it can do this. If people take care of their shit then it wont happen.

If you never flushed your toilet or did your dishes im sure youd get sick too. Moot.

Last edited by Shienhausser; June 19th, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old June 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

bullcrap, i don't believe it..
Old June 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

I think it would take considerable effort or neglect to manage to build up mold in your hookah. Plus the vast majority of mold spores and shit are harmless, you breathe them in all the time, they're everywhere. The only people that get truely fucked up by mold seem to be patients on House.
Old June 19th, 2009, 04:19 PM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
i've heard smoking hookah for 20 minutes is like smoking a pack of cigarettes. if you believe that i challenge you to smoke a pack of cigarettes in 20 minutes, see how far you get.

What do i win?

Edit: Oh and yes, inhalation of mold can be very very lethal, and black mold could theoretically grow inside your base, as ive seen it grow in a bucket in a house we were demolishing. However if you smoke from a base with black mold in it, your either a moron, or blind.
Old June 19th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Plus the heat from the smoke of cigarettes can irritate your throat and lungs causing you bronchial tubes to swell, thus making it easier for tar to build up in it, also reduces air capacity. Over time, these bronchial tubes will start to stay swelled, this is when you start hacking up black stuff in your spit. With hookah, the cool smoke is not able to irritate the lungs to that extent, unless you have like 5 coals and no water. This is why i generally put some ice in the base, regardless of flavor.
Old June 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM
sketcherstud
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Plus the heat from the smoke of cigarettes can irritate your throat and lungs causing you bronchial tubes to swell, thus making it easier for tar to build up in it, also reduces air capacity. Over time, these bronchial tubes will start to stay swelled, this is when you start hacking up black stuff in your spit. With hookah, the cool smoke is not able to irritate the lungs to that extent, unless you have like 5 coals and no water. This is why i generally put some ice in the base, regardless of flavor.
I totally agree. Ever since trying it for the first time, I've always added ice to the water. Taking a big drag off a hookah that's using warm water is SO incredibly gross.
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:10 PM
xin666
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to xin666

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Just heard it on the news yesterday I think it was that even sex is unhealthy... yeah right I'd rather die happy then wondering why.
Which is strange because i've seen doctors say quite the opposite, which just goes to show how much crap goes around.
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:13 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xin666 View Post
Which is strange because i've seen doctors say quite the opposite, which just goes to show how much crap goes around.
honestly if you have ever had any medical "issue" that isnt run of the mill most docs are going to give you largely different opinions on it (even what it really is), doesnt surprise me that the docs cant come up with a consensus on sex and tobacco

-matt
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:04 AM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
honestly if you have ever had any medical "issue" that isnt run of the mill most docs are going to give you largely different opinions on it (even what it really is), doesnt surprise me that the docs cant come up with a consensus on sex and tobacco

-matt

IDK about anybody else but I don't plan to give up either.

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:22 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

ahem..this just in to the cnn health report. there is no way to prevent death. 10 out of 10 people die. the WHO proclaims this incident as a "level 6 epidemic" and in early 2010 every human in the united states will be required to be administered 6 shots per month.

you know, i would love to die from smoking hookah. hookah smoking is my favorite hobby and i would rather die at 60 doing the things i love instead of dying at 110 and have never drank alcohol, never gotten laid, never smoked hookah, never went out into public, never took chances, and never had fun.

i don't give two shits if it's equivalent to smoking 100 packs per session. i love to do it and i will gladly die at any time from doing it. i'm gonna go load up some nakhla DA and enjoy myself.
Old June 20th, 2009, 04:48 PM
xin666
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to xin666

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
ahem..this just in to the cnn health report. there is no way to prevent death. 10 out of 10 people die. the WHO proclaims this incident as a "level 6 epidemic" and in early 2010 every human in the united states will be required to be administered 6 shots per month.

you know, i would love to die from smoking hookah. hookah smoking is my favorite hobby and i would rather die at 60 doing the things i love instead of dying at 110 and have never drank alcohol, never gotten laid, never smoked hookah, never went out into public, never took chances, and never had fun.

i don't give two shits if it's equivalent to smoking 100 packs per session. i love to do it and i will gladly die at any time from doing it. i'm gonna go load up some nakhla DA and enjoy myself.
+1^n

Amen
Old June 20th, 2009, 05:27 PM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

the goverment and science will always say all enjoyable things are bad for you but jus think of it as bullshit nd get on wod lyf
Old June 20th, 2009, 08:13 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post

i started to tear up *sniff* lol ^that^ is the best shiet i read in while..
Old June 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Well, who cares? You're smoking something anyway, so stop if you aren't sure you want to keep doing it.
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
i started to tear up *sniff* lol ^that^ is the best shiet i read in while..
aww thanks man... hahaha
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook