Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

no flavor

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old June 20th, 2009, 10:48 PM
killa_b
Hookah Newbie

Unhappy no flavor

i just got my first hookah yesterday. i set it up and i cant get any flavor. my friends and i were trying it last night, i tried about 4 different flavors and didnt get much taste out of any of them. if i were to put my tongue right where the tip of the hose is while i inhale i can just get a very lil taste. nothin big to notice a difference. im getting good smoke. not super thick but bigger then cigarette smoke. ive been to hookah bars before and have been able to taste it great, but now here at home
this is what im using, sahara cyclone hookah. hookah hookah apple, and 2 akhla charcoals.
can someone give me some pointers on what i need to do to get some FLAVOR!!!!!!!! lol
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:25 AM
JamesLee85
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to JamesLee85
Default Re: no flavor

Check that all your tobacco is infact in date to smoke, wet and moist. Break it up so it sprinkles into the bowl. Foil shiny side down with the tobacco not touching it. If your using quick lights, break them up into halves... and place 3 around the bowl. The wate line around half an inch to an inch above the stem inside the vase. Double check all your stoppers and grommets are in place, hose, stem, vase and bottom of the bowl.
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:42 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLee85 View Post
Check that all your tobacco is infact in date to smoke, wet and moist. Break it up so it sprinkles into the bowl. Foil shiny side down with the tobacco not touching it. If your using quick lights, break them up into halves... and place 3 around the bowl. The wate line around half an inch to an inch above the stem inside the vase. Double check all your stoppers and grommets are in place, hose, stem, vase and bottom of the bowl.
yoyo do you get it?! its shine down! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXPMCz5k-jE

Old June 21st, 2009, 12:47 AM
JamesLee85
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to JamesLee85

wat??
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:32 AM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
yoyo do you get it?! its shine down! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXPMCz5k-jE
hahaha love it!
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:21 AM
killa_b
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLee85 View Post
ive done all that. but i put 2 coals around the bowl. gets it to smoke good, but still no flavor. theres no leaks anywhere and the water line is perfect. ive counted 5 times ive tried already. any pretty much they all taste the same
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:25 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Get some Nakhla DA and roomtemp water in Base.
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:50 AM
XMiwakoX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to XMiwakoX Send a message via Yahoo to XMiwakoX

geeze... try a diff namebrand... i wouldnt even know what to say. it doesnt sound like your doing anything wrong..hmmm
Old June 21st, 2009, 06:23 AM
Siken
Hookah Nut

I think the tobacco doesnt get enough heat.

how many aluminium foil layers do you use and what bowl?
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
killa_b
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siken View Post
I think the tobacco doesnt get enough heat.

how many aluminium foil layers do you use and what bowl?
ive tried just one layer and also tried putting 2 layers.
with one layer i get a good amount of smoke.
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:53 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

HH is a complicated brand because you must choose between a lot of smoke, or a good amount of flavor.

akhla coals are kinda bad imo. get some new coals (naturals, like ccn, ch, or sc) and some nakhla, af, starbuzz, etc.

i would reccomend using a vortex bowl with hh because they are both made by the same company and it usually goes better when i use one w/ HH.

and umm...killa_b? did you know that there's someone here already named "killer_b"? hahah
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:59 PM
killa_b
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
HH is a complicated brand because you must choose between a lot of smoke, or a good amount of flavor.

akhla coals are kinda bad imo. get some new coals (naturals, like ccn, ch, or sc) and some nakhla, af, starbuzz, etc.

i would reccomend using a vortex bowl with hh because they are both made by the same company and it usually goes better when i use one w/ HH.

and umm...killa_b? did you know that there's someone here already named "killer_b"? hahah
damn them!! lol jk

ill try using a different coals. the only reason why im using the ones i have now is cause they came FREE with my order lol. but i wasnt sure if maybe i was packing it wrong or if its the brand or what
Old June 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

yeah any natural coals will be your best bet.

if you want good flavor go with what chad said and switch tobacco.
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:30 PM
killa_b
Hookah Newbie

ok i just got my order in today....vortex bowl, al fakher strawberry, and exotica natural coals.....
i tried those 3 just a bit ago and still couldnt really taste anything. i could smell it a bit, but no flavor when i inhale. then i tried using 15g of hookah hookah and still not much flavor......boooooooooooooooo

your suppose to be able to taste it when you inhale right?
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

The problem is that you have tried many flavors at the same time. It doesn't work that way. Just stick to one flavor, and try to smoke it for three or four times. I find this necessary expecially whenI get a new hookah or a new hose. Best luck
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:02 PM
killa_b
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
The problem is that you have tried many flavors at the same time. It doesn't work that way. Just stick to one flavor, and try to smoke it for three or four times. I find this necessary expecially whenI get a new hookah or a new hose. Best luck

i guess ill try sticking to one flavor tonight and see what happens. cause like i said i cant really taste anything when i inhale. and when i exhale all i do is smell it a lil bit.
i was using 2 of the exotica coals
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:02 PM
sheikh
Hookah Nut

Ya out of all the AF flavours I have tried though strawberry is a bit hit and miss with me sometimes... but smell is a good indicator usually when you open the tub it should be really juicy and the smell should hit you... Sometimes it can be really juicy but the actual tobacco leaves can be a little dry...make sure to give it all a thorough mix before preparing a bowl.
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:07 PM
sheikh
Hookah Nut

on another note killa b if you really cant taste anything think back to what flavour you had in the hookah lounge...I have 1 friend who says he can only taste mint shisha...no other flavour totally weird I didn't believe him...but then I went round to his place and he just has tonnes of AF Mint no other flavour...and funnily enough I can't actually smoke just a plain bowl of mint on its own...well I can but it is difficult for me to finish it because it really cools my throat.
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM
killa_b
Hookah Newbie

yeah i opened up that af tobacco and it was really wet and juicy. and it smelled pretty good. i guess ill just try it again tonight. i had 2 coals on, ill try 3 tonight.
Old June 24th, 2009, 05:21 PM
sheikh
Hookah Nut

when you are starting the hookah ensure the coals are fully lit (glowing red hot) before placing them on the foil and then take really strong pulls to get it going first (It shouldn't take more than say 3-7 strong pulls (I do these in quick succession you'll notice the coal glowing vigorously) to get nice thick smoke and the flavour should then be coming through nicely too and you can pull at a level you are more comfortable with then.
Old June 24th, 2009, 06:23 PM
killa_b
Hookah Newbie

ok right now i just used 3 coals, then i added a ghetto wind cover..(foil wrapped abour the bowl.......it started making some good smoke but then the coals were almost out. added 2 fresh coals and the wind cover. FINALLY started to get that thick heavy smoke, the type that falls instead of floating up.....pretty good but the flavor hasnt came yet. ill continue to try..........
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
prince of hooka
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa_b View Post
ok right now i just used 3 coals, then i added a ghetto wind cover..(foil wrapped abour the bowl.......it started making some good smoke but then the coals were almost out. added 2 fresh coals and the wind cover. FINALLY started to get that thick heavy smoke, the type that falls instead of floating up.....pretty good but the flavor hasnt came yet. ill continue to try..........
get your self some AF, nakhla or another good type of tobacco HH tobacco suks imo
________
EFFECTS OF PRILOSEC

Last edited by prince of hooka; April 22nd, 2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:44 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

as a test to see if your batch of shisha is bad i recommend you going to your local hookah bar or get a friend who has used hookahs before and have him try using your goods, see if they can get flavor if not then go back to where you got it and let them know, also most bars ive been to have been real cool about teaching me how to use my hookah when i started them years ago, takes notes if you need but id try to get someone to set up a good hookah useing all of your supplies to check over everything.
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:57 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

i'm willing to bet it's your hose
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:59 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post

Dude... that KillerB dude is a SKUHDOUCHE!

Anyways... HH and HF is a great tobacco, IMO. I never have problems with getting flavor and smoke. But it is a difficult one to get down just right. Try lookign up my vid on how to pack it in a Egyptian bowl... works liek a charm.

also, you should try the different coals and different tobaccos if you just cant get it right.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook