Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Not too happy!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Default Not too happy!

A couple of months ago, I ordered the Mya Blue Column from hookah-shisha.com. Just for reference, the Column is identical to the Gyro in the reiview section, the only difference being the base which is like a pyramid shape instead of a tear drop shape like the Gyro. Anyhow, I purchased it, and when it arrived, it was missing the carrying case. Now, on the site itself in the description area, it indicates that this specific hookah comes with it's own carrying case. Key word here is CASE, I'll explain later.

So, since it was missing the carrying case, I called them up and told them that it was missing and they told me that they were really sorry and that they would send it out to me ASAP free of charge. So at this point I'm bummed out that I'm going to have to carry this hookah around in this huge shipping box full of peanut packaging. But I'm a very patient person so I thought to myself "what the hell right? It'll be here in a few days so I shouldn't get upset." About a week later I recieve the package. When I opened it I was shocked to find a cheap and completely useless hookah bag. At this point I'm like, "what the hell is this crap".

So I call hookah-shisha again and tell them that I got this cheap hookah bag instead of the case that was promised. And they told me "oh, the thing is that your Mya Column is too tall to fit in a hard carrying case, so we can only provide you with a bag". I hung up and at this point I'm pissed, because I know for a FACT that there is a carrying case that does fit my hookah. It's only 29 inches tall. So time goes by and as I research on Myasaray.com low and behold I find several other hookahs that are not only taller than mine, but also have the same base as mine, and ALL of them come with a carrying case. So I realized that there had to be a carrying case that I could purchase for it. (for examples go to the carrying case section at Myasaray.com and you'll see a bunch of hookahs that are taller than 29 inches and come with the case).

So I call Mya Saray and I tell them the situation. And to my surprise they told me that what happens is that many of these online vendors piece the Mya hookahs together themselves. And they only order specific parts from them directly instead of everything that comes with it. So obviously hookah-shisha didn't purchase the carrying case it's supposed to come with, and instead they just fed me some bullshit story that it's too tall to fit in one. At this point I'm pissed off becasue not only did I not get what I was expecting, but now I had also been lied to.

So now, I just finished having to spend an additional $37.00 for the carrying case that should have come with my hookah. I'm so pissed right now it's not even funny. You'd think that after you pay $200.00 for a hookah, that it would actually come complete with everything it's supposed to. Specially when the description area of this specific hookah on their site says that it comes with a carrying case. They should edit that and put HOOKAH BAG! NOT CASE, but BAG! The word bag indicates something of a soft fabric type of costruction. The word CASE indicates something rectangular in shape with a hard exterior.

And I wouldn't be so pissed if the hookah bag they sent me was actually functional. But that's the problem, it's COMPLETELY USELESS!!! It's as wide as a large gym bag, and it has no straps inside to hold the hookah down. The only two straps in there are velcro and VERY WEAK and CHEAP! I could intstantly tell how the hookah would be flying around everywhere inside the bag and inevitably breaking. There was absolutely no way this bag could actually protect the hookah for transport. And thats the thing, 99.9% of the time, I'm smoking outdoors where I need to carry it someplace. I can't smoke at home (because parents don't know). I wasn't going to risk breaking the $200.00 hookah I just bought, just because it came with this poorly made hookah bag.

So ever since I've been carrying around in it's own shipping box with peanut packaging and all. Needless to say, I finally got fed up with having to lug around this huge box, so now I just finished purchasing the case that should've come with it in the first place. I'm posting this to warn anyone who's planning on purchasing an expensive Mya through hookah-shisha. I'm not bashing them or anything, I think they have amazing products with great customer service. Hookah-shisha is a great vendor with a wide variety of hookahs and hookah products at good prices. However the description of what comes with your purchase may be misleading, so I urge you to call them personally and ask if it comes with a carrying case or bag. I don't want anyone else to have to go through this trouble because of the misleading description, so I'm posting this as an informative warning.

(end of rant...I'm gonna go smoke a bowl)
Old October 28th, 2007, 04:17 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Not too happy!

You might want to post this is the review section.

Sorry to hear about your situation though. It's true about those mya's. It's cheaper that way , so they do it ;(

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old October 28th, 2007, 04:31 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

I will not be purchasing anything from H-S after reading this... You would think that it would be more cost-effective for them to have just given you the damn box (notice that I say more cost-effective, not cheaper) because then you would actually be satisfied and not feel the need to turn other hookah-ers away from their business... tsk tsk.
Old October 28th, 2007, 05:05 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Exactly... In my opinion, running a succesful hookah business should be all about customer satisfaction... It's not like there's a huge market for hookahs, so the customer base one would have is precious, and you need to make sure they're satisfied, otherwise very soon you might end up looking at bankruptcy... I'm not trying to deter anyone from buying from hookah-shisha, like I said, they're a great company with a lot of different products to offer. I am however, advising any future purchaser to first call them and ask them to be specific with wether or not the Mya will come with a case or bag...regardless, I think the only thing I will order from them from now on is my shisha and charcoal packages every few months...
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I have bought some small items from H-S and never had any trouble but any major purchase would go to someone like Nazar, Arabica Sous or Jimmy because I know and like those guys. This thing about the case is horrible and such an experience would make me want to avoid H-S like the plague. I did order some Tangiers from them a couples ago so hopefully it will work out.
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:57 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I've ordered from H-S before (glass bases and shisha), although I had issues w/ the glass breaking (twice) they bent over backward to try and make it right. Hum.... I do notice that several mainstream vendors do seem to be missing "items" that normally would be included like cases and the such.

I'm with Hajo that I rather purchase my rigs from vendors I know personally.
Old November 1st, 2007, 09:30 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

H-S will assist you, just call them. I found that communication is key. E-mails and their online help are good options but if you cant seem to get the service you feel you deserve, give em a ring on their toll free line and you will see that they want to help.
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
H-S will assist you, just call them. I found that communication is key. E-mails and their online help are good options but if you cant seem to get the service you feel you deserve, give em a ring on their toll free line and you will see that they want to help.
In the second and third paragraph of my post, you'll notice that I did call them...TWICE on the matter, and yet all they did was feed me some BS story that my hookah was too tall to fit in a carrying case, when according to Mya themselves, there IS a case large enough for it...I'm not gonna waste anymore time calling HS when all they're gonna do is beat around the bush...

NEW UPDATE:
Today is yet AGAIN not the happiest days for me...I don't know what the hell is going on! I must have REALLY bad luck or something when it comes to hookah products! Anyway, today the Mya carrying case arrived... I was all happy and stuff, because now I was finally going to be able to carry it the way it should be instead of in a huge shipping box with peanut packaging...But to my awesome luck, when I take it out of its box I try to open it and it doesn't open... I tried for about 20 minutes to get it to open, and it seems like the locking mechanism is deffective...I call Mya to see if there's any other help they can offer to get it to open.

I try what they tell me and nothing works. It's basically welded shut! I got blisters on my fingers for trying to open it for so long! Oh and the best part, I'm talking to the guy and he asks, "are you trying to open both the locks the right way?" And I'm like, both? What do you mean both, there is only one lock... Employee: "Oh, the extra large extra wide carrying case has two locks on it. So it seems like we sent you the medium." ::sigh:: Why do this kind of crap happen to me? I specifically listed the item number for the extra large exra wide carrying case on the order, and yet somehow my luck ends up being that I get the medium size instead, with a deffective locking mechanism. Now I have to wait another week for the right one to come in, and for me to send them the medium one back...Needless to say, I'm pretty aggravated rght now...

Old November 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

According to Mya there is a case large enough, but maybe H-S doesnt carry that particular case. In their defense, maybe they were correct in telling you there wasnt a case that fits it since they dont have one to match up. Alot of comapnies provide hookah bags with their products instead of hard cases. I have seen the hard cases in my wholesale catalogs though, but not a lot of people carry them since its too hard for a customer to be able to tell if they will fit properly. I am willing to bet they sell better at a brick and mortar shop.
Old November 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM
Martello
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Martello

ok now hang on!
if there is a hard case in the add with the Hookah then that is called FRAUD!!!
You need to call and explain to them thta little fact.

Also, explain how you're going to go to better biz and explain how they bate and switched you. And see what they say to that.

Tell them otsend you the biggest hard case they friggen have and to take the damn bag back.

And if none of that works tell them you want to know how dark the parking lot gets before the people who work there leave at night.
Old November 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

PM me if you want my assistance in getting this whole thing worked out for you with H-S. I am sure it can be handled reasonably with them.
Old November 1st, 2007, 04:25 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
According to Mya there is a case large enough, but maybe H-S doesnt carry that particular case. In their defense, maybe they were correct in telling you there wasnt a case that fits it since they dont have one to match up. Alot of comapnies provide hookah bags with their products instead of hard cases. I have seen the hard cases in my wholesale catalogs though, but not a lot of people carry them since its too hard for a customer to be able to tell if they will fit properly. I am willing to bet they sell better at a brick and mortar shop.
Yeah I understand you... Some vendors won't buy a carrying case and instead supply a bag becasue that's what they have on hand... But that's cool... that's not what I'm pissed about. What I'm pissed about is the fact that on their site, under the description of the hookah I bought, it says that this hookah comes with a carrying case (follow the link I posted above and see for yourself). This is very misleading like I said above, and what they should do is say that it comes with a hookah BAG. It really sucks to pay $200.00 and expect certain things to come with it, but instead, recieve some cheap and useless hookah bag.

If I knew this was going to happen, I would've ordered my hookah directly from Mya themselves, even if I wouldn't have recieved all the cool complimentary stuff that most other vendors provide (ie. sample flavors, rolls of coals etc.). Now I know for future reference that it would be better to purchase directly from Mya themselves, because even though you won't get the complimentary stuff, at least you'll get the carrying case that should come with it to protect it. A $200.00 hookah shouldn't be carried in some cheap and weak bag. You're just asking for it to break if you would do that. It belongs in a carrying case, like the ones which Mya provides with this specific hookah in the first place.

H-S buys Mya's at wholesale price as well as many other vendors (obviously). Me and my friend are in the process of trying to start our own hookah business, and we already have a wholesale account with H-S. My hookah, the one I paid $200.00 for, is sold at wholesale for $100.00. Literally half off! So from a customer's point of view, if H-S is banking off my ass for giving them $100.00 in profit alone, don't you think I deserve to get it with the carrying case that's supposed to come with it? Specially when on the site itself, it says it will come with one! You see where I'm going with this?
Old November 1st, 2007, 04:27 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martello
And if none of that works tell them you want to know how dark the parking lot gets before the people who work there leave at night.
... as aggravated as I am right now, I just had to laugh at this...that was funny dude, lol...
Old November 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
NonstickRon
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NonstickRon

I like hookah-shisha. I like it because of the "Live Chat Help" feature. I bug those guys for DAYS before ordering anything...and talk to them 2 or 3 times a day till I know my stuff has shipped.
Old February 8th, 2008, 09:47 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonstickRon
I like hookah-shisha. I like it because of the "Live Chat Help" feature. I bug those guys for DAYS before ordering anything...and talk to them 2 or 3 times a day till I know my stuff has shipped.
I do that when I'm bored. Basically, we and the helpdesk chat for about 30 minutes when we talk.
lol
Old February 9th, 2008, 12:30 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonstickRon
"is my 50g box of al-waha shipped yet? is it? hello?"

anyways. something that bothers me is the price for their stargate/stratus. hella expensive!
Old February 9th, 2008, 06:47 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

You should seriously ask them to give you some money back for the inconvenience. That crappy carrying bag is worth a lot less money then the case.
Old February 9th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding
You should seriously ask them to give you some money back for the inconvenience. That crappy carrying bag is worth a lot less money then the case.
So maybe everyone who calls them and inconveniences them on the live chat should pay a little extra right?! I dont agree with the statement that a vendor should give you money back because you feel inconvenienced.
Share with your friends on facebook