Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

New Smoker! sOME tips?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 31st, 2007, 01:18 AM
Liquid Clouds
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Liquid Clouds
Default New Smoker! sOME tips?

i just recently started smoking hookah within the last month. I love it, its hella kick back and its nice to just relax. ive been looking to buy a hookah for myself and from what ive read the ice torrent (has an ice chamber) seems like a good buy to me. i love the look and the reviews that ive read says that the ice chamber really helps to get the smoke cool and thick.

Now since i am a noobie hookah smoker im a bit skeptical as to wether or not the reviews are legit or if its a bunch of hype.

i was just wonderin if any of you guys could hook me up and let me know about some of your personal smoking experiences and hopefully help me make a good purchase.

also,whats the best brand of shisha?..in your opinion of course
Old October 31st, 2007, 04:15 AM
Martello
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Martello
Default Re: New Smoker! sOME tips?

dude sorry, i didnt see you IM till it was ot late.

Drop me an IM again whenever you want. I'm still new to Hookah as well so I might not be the best bet

but there are so many people on here woh kno whats up. and everyone is so friggen helpful...

have a good time man, this is the place to be!
Old October 31st, 2007, 06:11 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

you'll get as many different "best" brands as you get smoker's offering tips. everybody has a different fav, love a different rig, for a different reason.... ect, ect, ect. What I may like, you have hate - and visa versa.

IMPO - i like Al Fakher (esk apple & grape), Pharoho's Exotic Peach, and Al Waha (Kiwi, Orange Cream, Afternine and Peach).

If you read thru the review section, you'll find some of my reviews which I have made/posted YouTube videos. I always try to be honest in my video reviews - if I don't like it, I'll say so.
Old October 31st, 2007, 07:49 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I agree with the different opinions you are going to get ... so just take them all into consideration.

I would say that Al Fakher is my favorite brand of tobacco. Grape is my #1 MUST HAVE! They have other great flavors too, Melon, Cherry, Watermelon, Orange, Mint, Coconut, Fruit, etc...
A new favorite brand is Sahara, but I have only tried the banana and it was fantastic! I am definitely going to look into other flavors by this company.

I am a huge fan of the Khalil Mamoun Hookahs, and they do make an ice torrent version. I would definitely be looking at that if I were looking into getting a hookah with an ice bucket built in. I have two Khalil Mamoun's and I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

Hope that helps!? and welcome to the Hookah Pro Community / Forum!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 31st, 2007, 09:04 AM
FlyingRock
Hookah Newbie

You know i find ice in the base to out do any ice torrent

For your first hookah i'd recommend an egyptian, or one thats easy to clean..

As far as shisha goes, every brand (except so far Al Amir) have their good and bad, SB (starBuzz) has amazing pumpkin pie, but my favorite Vanilla is Nakhla, ect.. Overall i've been the most satisfied with Al waha, and SB but SB is really expencive. (this is just my opinon)
Old October 31st, 2007, 01:45 PM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

I have to agree that you may get better results putting ice in the base than have a ice chamber. I would look at an Egyptian style hookah preferably a KM or maybe a MYA(chinese) . I have two Myas and love them and just order a KM egyptian style this week and can't wait to get it. I have smoked out of many KM and they are amazing pieces.

As for shisha I am also going to say the Al Fakher grape. Along with Starbuzz white peach. Al waha afternine is a good one also for something a little different. It is a Chocolate mint.
Old October 31st, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

If you want to know what constitutes a good narghile read what I just wrote in the
"Hookah diversity as a deciding factor" thread.

Reviews are often not usefully because they reflect the opinion of a person that is not particularly well versed in the subject or has a financial stake in the product he is reviewing.

I've no experience with the Ice Torrent personally but it looks like the ice chamber is too small to do much good. If you want an ice chamber i'd suggest a KM
( http://www.sphinxhookah.com/khalel-m...ce-hookah.html has the best one by far although www.pimpyourhookah.com has some good stuff at very cheap prices ) or a Syrian (drop me a line and i'll look up the urls for you). Stay away from Chinese made stuff and those after market mods as they don't work.

I can't really recommend a brand when it comes to tobacco as tastes very so much. I personally don't like artificial tasting or candy like stuff so i'd never recomend SB and a bunch of other stuff.

If you want a good session use high quality, natural coals rather then quick or instant lights. Use a small funnel and scalli mod and don't let the coals sit to long and ash them frequently.

Get a high quality washable hose like Namour and clean it every time you smoke.

Clean everything very carefully everytime you smoke with a mixture of 4 parts hot water, 2 parts lemon juice and 2 part vinegar.
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:09 PM
mr weenis
Hookah Nut

Al Fakher Rose has always treated me pretty well....i'm a noobie myself, though
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:31 PM
entropism
Hookah Newbie

Al Waha after-nine is great to start with, and Al Fahker grape is a must have. I'd also recommend Fusion Orange as another must-have, it's simply amazing if you like the taste of orange at all (and who doesn't?).

As for a starter hookah, I'd recommend a cheap egyptian to start, then work your way up to a syrian.
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:38 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Nakhla Sweet Melon is a great flavor and brand to start out with. Don;t try any other Nakhlas before that one, it takes some getting used to, and this flavor is by far one of their best and easiest to smoke.
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:42 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

I would Def. suggest getting some Al Fakher. Also, try a small MYA or a medium sized Egyptian to start out with... as much as I hate them, I can't deny that they are a good new smoker's pipe... as far as the ice torrent goes... I question even having cold water in my base, as ti definitely has a negative effect on the flavor, although the smoke is a little cooler. If you want cool (feeling) smoke, might I suggest AF Mint? IMO, the most delicious flavor of any brand I have tried... of all time.
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:31 PM
Liquid Clouds
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Liquid Clouds

thanks

appreciate all the help yo
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook