Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First Real Experience

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to pliundemix
Default First Real Experience

OK guys, I got my hookah today and following all the intructions,videos, an tutorials from memebers of this forum I set it up.

MYA QT 2 Hose. Shisha: Al-Amir Mixed Fruit, and 3 Shishaco QuikLights. The MYA QT Rocks...It made so much smoke and the flavor of the Shisha wa really nice too. The bad part is that after 15 minutes I was feeling dizzy as hell, I also started sweating cold and my head was numb.

The Hookah worked great, excelent flavor and smoke. But the effects were not very desirable (I'm still feeling my stomach a little weird). I don't know if it was because I took a hit after another very quickly. I've smoked at my friends houses with their own crapy chinese hookahs and never felt like this. Today I was smoking alone.

I need a lot of help here. First I need to know what caused this effects and how -the next time- I don't have them again.

Second, now that I'm done should I wash my hookah? If that is the case, can I use dish soap or just water Do I have to wash the hoses as well? What about the bowl, should I wash it? cause it looks really messy..

All the help will be much apreciated.

Thanks!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Default Re: First Real Experience

First off don't wash the hoses, just blow them out. Run some warm water through your downstem and rinse out the base.

As to your sickness make sure you eat before a session, I tend to snack while in the midst of my session. Also chain hitting can cause a queezy feeling. Make sure your coals are completely lit and ashed over if they aren't you are inhaling carbon monoxide and thats no good. Just trial and error dude lol I'm glad you enjoyed it
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

chain hitting we = bad times so dont do it just slow down and enjoy it
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

Gad when u say rinse out the base, do you mean with soap or just water And what about the Bowl should i wash it with water or with soap too??
And finally how do I dry them?? both stem and base..Thanks!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pliundemix View Post
OK guys, I got my hookah today and following all the intructions,videos, an tutorials from memebers of this forum I set it up.

MYA QT 2 Hose. Shisha: Al-Amir Mixed Fruit, and 3 Shishaco QuikLights. The MYA QT Rocks...It made so much smoke and the flavor of the Shisha wa really nice too. The bad part is that after 15 minutes I was feeling dizzy as hell, I also started sweating cold and my head was numb.

The Hookah worked great, excelent flavor and smoke. But the effects were not very desirable (I'm still feeling my stomach a little weird). I don't know if it was because I took a hit after another very quickly. I've smoked at my friends houses with their own crapy chinese hookahs and never felt like this. Today I was smoking alone.

I need a lot of help here. First I need to know what caused this effects and how -the next time- I don't have them again.

Second, now that I'm done should I wash my hookah? If that is the case, can I use dish soap or just water Do I have to wash the hoses as well? What about the bowl, should I wash it? cause it looks really messy..

All the help will be much apreciated.

Thanks!
First thing is that all Myas are Chinese. As to your problems well for one don't use QL but some decent natural coals instead and you'll need a hot plate to start them. Next taking pulls in rapid succession is a good way to get CO poisoning which is what it sounds like what happened to you. Beyond that read the following and you'll enjoy smoking a lot more: http://www.hookah-life.com/blog/cat/...bly-10-31-2007
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

Thanks a lot... The article is a very useful guide for new smokers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
First thing is that all Myas are Chinese. As to your problems well for one don't use QL but some decent natural coals instead and you'll need a hot plate to start them. Next taking pulls in rapid succession is a good way to get CO poisoning which is what it sounds like what happened to you. Beyond that read the following and you'll enjoy smoking a lot more: http://www.hookah-life.com/blog/cat/...bly-10-31-2007
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
cmkws6
Hookah Nut

I agree with Hajo. This happens to me everytime I use quicklights. I haven't tried the ******* Hookah quicklights yet (I have some on the way though), but I hear that if you are going to use QL coals, these are the only ones that you should use.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Using quicklights for me makes it worse, but the CHQL and similar coals arent grouped in that bunch for me.

make sure to stay properly hydrated before and during the smoke session - if youre drinking something else, cool, just have a glass of water there.

do not exceed 4 inhalations per minute, especially if you are a noobie, if you can the good for you, just limit yourself to 4 initially and work from there.

----

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...ookah+sickness

bojangles wrote up something nice about this a while back

----

as for part 2. there are vids on how to clean a hookah, sam has one that even uses beer to clean a hookah.

dont use soap on glass, baking soda and water....... for stem, use water and the brush, every now and then add baking soda to the water, run it through, cap one end, add some lemon juice and scrub...

never wash a hose unless it is a washable hose (most are not washable!)

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner

Last edited by photolinger; July 3rd, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook