Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Qehwa mu'essel

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Qehwa mu'essel

I ran to a guy recently that was going on and on about how great Qehwa mu'essel is how they have something like 140 flavours. While I recall hearing of it before I don't know anyone that has actually tried it. So I'm wondering if anyone here has troed it or knows where to buy it. It seems that they had a website but it's down.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Qehwa mu'essel

never heard of it 140+ flavors id deferentially try some.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I went to go check it out but the site isnt working. And they called the tobacco "Paste".
But 140 flavors can't be bad..
Old November 3rd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

When people say "tobacco paste" what they actually mean is Jurak. Jurak is tombac that is flavoured with various aromatic oils and fruit concentrates and has no molassas, honey or glycerine. It's pretty different then what we all are used to smoking but I love the stuff. It seems it's impossible to buy it here however.

Anyway, i've never actually seen Qehwa for sale but it any of guys see it let me know as i'd love to see if it's worth all the hype.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

that's a rediculous amount of flavors for a brand thars literally unheard of. Interesting. The name is similar to al qemmah. I believe this is an af sub-brand but they vonly have 2 or 3 flavors.
Old November 4th, 2007, 02:25 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

No, it's not an AF sub-brand and I've been told that it is an Indian company. What we should remember is that literally hundreds of brands are not imported here and not having a presence in this market doesn't mean much. As for the supposed 140 flavours I don't know, it's just what i've been told. Unfortunately, I don't know any Indian smokers any more so I can't really ask.
Old November 5th, 2007, 05:01 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

they seem to have a website bt doesnt load up for me

Last edited by Dunkel; January 24th, 2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

A few years back.... there were some Aussies that could lay hands on the stuff.... cant remember if a review happened or not.

I've wondered if that stuff was intended to to be smoked with the coal contacting the paste or if you could smoke with foil?
Old November 6th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I got a chance to try this stuff and a pretty cool story is behind it which will have to wait. Basically, my band did a show with Blood of the Sun and Glasspack which was awesome and some Indian kid had a bunch of jurak from Indian including this Qehwa stuff and we got to try it. Basically, the stuff I had was very floral with all sorts of interesting flavours I couldn't place but it was rich and flavourful. It doesn't look like the stuff we are used to but more like very fine, thick paste. It didn't make much smoke but it was super heavy in terms of mouth feel.

The guy also had El Gondoul and Abu - Itrah which I though were very nice. It seems that the Indians do put the coal on the paste.
Old January 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM
hookah shisha
Banned

hi guyz m from India n QEHWA iz n Indian brand n itz very well known sepcially in the Indian market. they have some very exclusive and diffrent flavurz like Arabian Delight, Pan Salsa (my favourite), Cardinal Punch, Berry Blast, Mosaic n many more

higly recommended if u wanna try smething diffrnt!!

Last edited by Dunkel; January 24th, 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: NHT reference edited out
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Never heard of it, but the "Paste" Idea, that sounds messy.
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:17 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Hm. Looks like I'll be paying afew visits to the local Indian markets.
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:30 PM
luqyno1
Hookah Nut

i got some of this stuff when i went to india a while back, i think i got cardinal punch, and grape, the cardinal punch was rich in flavour, very floral taste, and extremely drippy, with a decent amount of smoke,
the chocolate flavour was a little too much on the sweet side, but the grape, well when i smoked that it was like drinking grape, juice, probably some of the best grape ive ever, had.
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

If you guys want to look for this stuff please use Google. Do not link to their site or the other site that carries their product. It is unfortunately named and should not be named or linkled to.
Old January 24th, 2009, 05:22 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

black currant sounds darned sexy!
Old January 24th, 2009, 11:52 PM
rosc2112
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
If you guys want to look for this stuff please use Google. Do not link to their site or the other site that carries their product. It is unfortunately named and should not be named or linkled to.
Forgive my ignorance, but what is unfortunate about the name? Just want to understand, it's a completely foreign concept to me
Old January 25th, 2009, 08:32 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
that's a rediculous amount of flavors for a brand thars literally unheard of. Interesting. The name is similar to al qemmah. I believe this is an af sub-brand but they vonly have 2 or 3 flavors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
No, it's not an AF sub-brand and I've been told that it is an Indian company. What we should remember is that literally hundreds of brands are not imported here and not having a presence in this market doesn't mean much. As for the supposed 140 flavours I don't know, it's just what i've been told. Unfortunately, I don't know any Indian smokers any more so I can't really ask.
Qehwa in Arabic means both Cafe "the place" or Coffee "the drink" .... Hence it is not similar to Qemmah at all ...
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I don't know why Indian firms often make mu'essels that have Arabic or Arabic sounding names but Qehwa is definitely an Indian product. I suppose that Indian smokers view Arabic stuff as exotic which seems weird given that Indians have been smoking from water pipes as long as the Arabs and Turks have.

I got a little packet of Qehwa Black Current and it's really amazingly good. Very natural taste with a tobacco after taste that is very pleasent.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Mmm I want to try this stuff now.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I traded a bit of the Paan Sala stuff for HH blueberry so i'll let you guys know how it is. I wonder what the Mosaic and Arabian Delight flavours are like? If anyone knows i'd like to hear. Anyway, someone here was right about the number of flavours being 50 something so that is good to hear.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
I was just bought to say its a indian company as my uncle sells this stuff at his shop, not to keen to try it tho, not my type of thing
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Where is his shop located? Does he have any other good Indian brands? Does he have a website?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Where is his shop located? Does he have any other good Indian brands? Does he have a website?
LOL his in india, his got a shop in baroda city, no online website tho, i dont think his that advanced, he sells all sorts of tobacco from pipe to other indian stuff but i didn't pay attention to it, but i remember this stuff cos he had a whole wall dedicated to it with diferent flavours.

His wholesales to other smaller shops as well, i could probably get him to send some over to me, but it would have to be when a family member comes, as exporting tobacco out of india is apparently illegal and hard without paying ridiculous tax on it

I really wasn't interested in the stuff he had cos it ain't mainstream stuff i smoke like AF etc, he had nakhla tho lol
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

That is really exciting. You need to findout what he carries and look into getting some sort of set up for people to order Indian tobacco from him. After trying Abu Itrah and Al Khass I've gotten really unhappy with all the big brands we are stuck with in the West. Anyway, how to hear from you about this!

Cheers
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:44 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
That is really exciting. You need to findout what he carries and look into getting some sort of set up for people to order Indian tobacco from him. After trying Abu Itrah and Al Khass I've gotten really unhappy with all the big brands we are stuck with in the West. Anyway, how to hear from you about this!

Cheers

Will give him a call tommorow, but like i said unless someone comes over from india it is really hard exporting tobacco

But il ask him what brands his got
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook