Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

QT or Bambino

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 8th, 2009, 01:38 AM
danetello2
Banned

Default QT or Bambino

Ive heard good things about both the Mya QT and Mya Bambino, so I'm not sure which one I should get. Can you help me out?
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Th3DonDada
Hookah Nut

Default Re: QT or Bambino

I have a Bambino and it smokes great with a tangiers funnel and nammor hose. I've heard great things of the QT on this forum and either one would be a great hookah to carry around.
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:27 AM
RaceMyGhost
Hookah Pro

The QT has a more stable base. (wider)

I used to own a QT, amazing little hookah.

Go Noir or Go Home.
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:38 AM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

i have smoked from a QT be4 and its an awesome little hookah except there not all that much to look at IMO so u could try what im going to do one of these days and get a Bambino stem and stick it in a QT base haha
Old July 8th, 2009, 03:44 AM
craigz
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to craigz

I think the bambino looks better than the QT. Both will get the job done. I have another 28" egyptian hookah but I smoke out of my bambino most of the time.
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:43 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Im not trying to be rude or anything but this is probably the 4th or 5th time this exact same topic has come up in the past month, a quick search resulted in the following threads that covers everything you need to know or would like to know

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=bambino

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?p=158630

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6015

You are probably gonna get 50/50 for the bambino v QT but some people have never smoked out of neither and are gonna be saying get this or get that.

i've got the bambino and have smoked out of the QT and both smoke exactly the same, get the one you like the look of better.

And check out the video review section to see how owners like they little rigs as they are reviews up for bothi believe
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:18 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

You should get the one you like the outlook more. I like the QT more, but that's just because the look of it. I have never smoked any of them; but if you check other topics or video reviews, you will see that the owners of both hookahs like them.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
i've got the bambino and have smoked out of the QT and both smoke exactly the same, get the one you like the look of better.
Hey patel, since you've got a Bambino, perhaps you could help me out:

I'm kind of divided between getting the QT or the Bambino. I think the Bambino looks better and the included case would be extremely useful. However, because of the shape of the vase, I'm afraid it's going to get out of balance and tip over if I stick a Razan in it. Or if someone pulls on the hose by accident, etc...

How stable is it really?
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:24 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Hey patel, since you've got a Bambino, perhaps you could help me out:

I'm kind of divided between getting the QT or the Bambino. I think the Bambino looks better and the included case would be extremely useful. However, because of the shape of the vase, I'm afraid it's going to get out of balance and tip over if I stick a Razan in it. Or if someone pulls on the hose by accident, etc...

How stable is it really?

Its actually more stable then it looks, i use a razan hose with it as well, but like most hookah if someone pulls its it will tip over, and this will tip over more easily then others if its given a good pull, the QT does feel more stable to me.
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:09 PM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to pliundemix

I don't know the bambino smokes...Personally haven't seen one. I have my self a QT and it smokes like a beast. using normal setup with nakhla it smokes great. I've been to a local hookah lounge here in Ft. Myers and the use only QTs...and as personal opinion the QT looks more durable...but that's just my opinion...
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
However, because of the shape of the vase, I'm afraid it's going to get out of balance and tip over if I stick a Razan in it. Or if someone pulls on the hose by accident, etc...

How stable is it really?
I have the Bambino and it's never tipped, and although I do try to be careful, I've jerked the hose a time or two. Keep in mind that it's a short hookah and is inherently less likely to tip. I wish I had the QT only because, from what I've read, the vase on the QT is more solid. My Bambino has a cheap vase with a lousy, uneven paint job. I don't like it, but it gets the job done. The stem is gorgeous so I deal. I also have trouble getting the stem to sit even on the vase and have to fuss with it a lot or it looks like the leaning tower of Piza after I've got my Phunnel bowl on it.

I do suggest, if you have the extra cash, to spring for a wider tray otherwise some of those rolling coals can get pretty scary. I got the Chiller Tray for it and it fits perfectly, it looks great with the stem, I love it, and it's saved me a lot of burns. It's curved on the edges like a cowboy hat so there's plenty of room for accessing the purge valve and hose port.
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:04 PM
brutalmetals
Hookah Newbie

my best friend has the bambino, and its a nice little hookah. havent had any problems with it tipping, but id have to say the qt and the bambino both are going to be prone to tipping because they are real tiny. if im not mistaken, the purge valve on the bambino doesn't unscrew, it may.... i just havent seen it in awile. either way i'm a huge mya fan because they feel like a solid hookah, and look nice. go with which ever one you like the best. because i believe they will smoke the same

Last edited by brutalmetals; July 9th, 2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: typos like crazy....
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:06 PM
brutalmetals
Hookah Newbie

oh yeah, bambino comes with a nice little flight case. that would have me sold on the bambino vs the strange qt carrying thingermajig
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

I personaly have the qt and it is extremely stable you would have to pull it off the table to make it tip, but is probably the worst hookah I have ever owned as far as cleaning goes... The inside isn't smooth, its rough so it traps all kinds of gunk that is almost impossible to get out, where the bambino is smooth, They both smoke the same, I do agree on the base though, I wish I bought a bambino then the qt base for it... It would be easier to clean.
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalmetals View Post
my best friend has the bambino, and its a nice little hookah. havent had any problems with it tipping, but id have to say the qt and the bambino both are going to be prone to tipping because they are real tiny.
I completely disagree. They are bottom heavy, not top heavy, therefore less likely to tip.

Quote:
if im not mistaken, the purge valve on the bambino doesn't unscrew
Incorrect. It unscrews quite easily and the ball bearing is quite simple to access.
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Having using both, they smoke the same and hits hard. It really comes down to visual appeal, acc. and price. The nice hard case that comes with the bambino is very useful as it fits everything, the hookah and some extras if need be. The qt's cage in all honesty is pretty useless. The price difference i feel is the addition of the cases more so than the hookahs themselves....

In all honesty it really comes to looks..
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbyerspace View Post
The inside isn't smooth, its rough so it traps all kinds of gunk that is almost impossible to get out, where the bambino is smooth,
Good thing to know about the QT vase! Especially since I've been wanting to buy one.

An old trick I learned way back when I waitressed was to put salt, lemon juice, and ice cubes in a coffee *** and swirl it around for a bit. It always got out the coffee stains and burned up spots of coffee where the *** had been left on the burner too long. Left the pots smelling sweet and sparkling. Might help with your QT vase. Or perhaps just an overnight soak with water and Lemishine crystals--I love Lemishine.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook