Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First hookah: Mya Bambino or Sahara Smoke Cyclone

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 8th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Default First hookah: Mya Bambino or Sahara Smoke Cyclone

Well as the title says, I'm looking for my first hookah and for some reason those keep drawing my attention. So, since I'm such a noob, I need some feed back from other members here on HP.

Also if people disagree on what hookahs I'm leaning towards, then by all means, please give me your suggestion on a small-to-medium size hookah.

All help is appreciated.

Have a good one, Peace!
Old July 8th, 2009, 07:23 AM
brazilrocker25
Hookah Nut

Default Re: First hookah: Mya Bambino or Sahara Smoke Cyclone

the sahara is a good hookah, but the mya has more bang for your buck imo, also, you may want to consider a QT cause it can be a 2 hose and its a bit more stable than the bambino. check the review sections and see if they can help you decide ^^
Old July 8th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

I my bambino
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:58 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

well, i have smoked from both. i own the cyclone.

to be honest with you i'm selling it in a week. i really liked my cyclone, the only problems i had with it was that it didn't have a purge (it had 2 hoses), the 2 pieces connecting the ashtray are rusted together (i took good care of my hookah, but it still rusted there), and the downstem is too short for that huge vase.

i am actually going to get a mya qt because it's a lot more portable and they are built to last, they hit amazingly, and i think it's going to last a lot longer than a sahara smoke rig.

so in my opinion, get the bambino. the sahara rigs are a bit too expensive, and on top of that it was $30.00 to get it shipped to me. it cost me about $110.00 for the pipe, and 250g of tobacco, plus 30 dollars shipping.
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Damn I will keep this in mind. Note that I will mostly be smoking by my self, at most 3 people but I don't mind passing the hose around.

So, I guess its come down to the QT vs Bambino showdown.

Hopefully, I can get some more info before my final decision. Thanks for the input so far guys.
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

I got the Bambino as my first hookah and I do love it but there are a couple of complaints. The vase is so cheap. The paint job on it sucks. I have a LOT of trouble getting the stem to sit level on it and always have to fuss with it. The tray is uber tiny and I had to invest in a bigger tray, which has saved me a lot of burns on my carpet.

I frequently wish I'd bought the QT instead. The tray looks just as small but from what I've read on reviews, the vase is sturdier. It definitely looks less likely to topple over because of the wide base. Don't know that the stem will fit any better on the QT than it does on the Bambino though.

Six of one, half dozen of the other though, I guess. The Bambino has the gorgeous cloissone stem but an ugly vase. The QT isn't gorgeous or anything, but it does look sturdier and the stem is elegant enough.

I can't complain about the quality of the smoking sessions with the Bambino. It smokes great, isn't at much risk for toppling over, and is fairly easy to clean (don't lose that teeny tiny white gasket that comes with it!).

The Bambino comes with a case, the QT comes with a basket. The Bambino case is small, not padded, w/no pockets or straps but I do store my Bambino in it, wrapped in a towel. I don't feel I NEED the case, however. Might feel differently if I ever decide to travel with it.

Last edited by Genie; July 8th, 2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: embarrassing spelling error
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Glad to have some more info, really helping me here everyone. Ill keep on researching and such.

Really appreciate it. Also, if I were to get a 1-hose Cylcone, would that come with a purge?
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:38 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

It mostly depends on how much you want to spend, if you want one thats portable or for your home, and how much room you have for the pipe.

I found that my MZ Luxor works great. 29" high and sits beside my chair nicely. It was only $60.00 shipped and new.

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaton782 View Post
Glad to have some more info, really helping me here everyone. Ill keep on researching and such.

Really appreciate it. Also, if I were to get a 1-hose Cylcone, would that come with a purge?
The description on the item should say so. If it doesn't, look at it on another site.
Old July 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Quote:

yes, it would.

don't get me wrong, i've smoked from my cyclone numerous times. but i just like the qt more because it's built to last.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
It mostly depends on how much you want to spend, if you want one thats portable or for your home, and how much room you have for the pipe.

I found that my MZ Luxor works great. 29" high and sits beside my chair nicely. It was only $60.00 shipped and new.

Well nothing over 150, which should include the pipe and some tobacco and coals to start off with, got my self a little budget hah. I would mostly be smoking at home and I have lots of room so that wouldn't be a problem.

Ya, I know I'm a total noob.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Whatever you do, whatever hookah products/stores catch your eye, search this site thoroughly for reviews on them. This site has helped me tremendously. My only regretful purchases were the result of NOT having read up on the reviews.

Everyone has a different opinion about everything, of course, but some reviewers are really good about explaining specifically why they like or dislike a product--golden information.

And don't be afraid to pick up the phone and CALL the store you are planning on ordering from, some vendors are highly knowledgeable about their stuff and truly want you to have a good experience with the products you purchase from them. They may have some valuable advice. Of course some of them may push you on the rust proofing and the built in GPS but you can't have everything.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:14 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Well nothing over 150, which should include the pipe and some tobacco and coals to start off with, got my self a little budget hah. I would mostly be smoking at home and I have lots of room so that wouldn't be a problem.

Ya, I know I'm a total noob.
if you're on a budget like that, then get the QT. it will last longer, it's sturdy as hell, and it hits like a beast.

right now you can get a 2 hose mya qt, auto seal, with 2 washable hoses for $60.00 shipped form southsmoke.com. plus they have AF for $9.99 a tub and SB for $18.99. those are the best prices i've seen anywhere. hookahcompany sells SB for $23 a tin, which is insane. plus they sell exoticas and coconaras. if you are going to use those coals make sure you have a stove to light em.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Genie, you speak nothing but the truth, I thank you for your help and everyone else's as well. It is all very appreciated, well I guess I'll finish up looking at some reviews and finally come to a decision.

Again thanks for everyones help. Have a good one!
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
if you're on a budget like that, then get the QT. it will last longer, it's sturdy as hell, and it hits like a beast.

right now you can get a 2 hose mya qt, auto seal, with 2 washable hoses for $60.00 shipped form southsmoke.com. plus they have AF for $9.99 a tub and SB for $18.99. those are the best prices i've seen anywhere. hookahcompany sells SB for $23 a tin, which is insane. plus they sell exoticas and coconaras. if you are going to use those coals make sure you have a stove to light em.
Oh wow, never been to southsmoke.com. Damn thanks for that find man. Ya that will really be helpful. I also plan to use QLs, don't have a stove that would really work with naturals. Seriously thanks man.

Last edited by Grammaton782; July 8th, 2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: fixed a little mess up
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:36 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Oh wow, never been to southsmoke.com. Damn thanks for that find man. Ya that will really be helpful. I also plan to use QLs, don't have a stove that would really work with naturals. Seriously thanks man.
no problem. plus if you spend over $95.00 then shipping is free, so the QT ends up being only $52.00. i'm buying mine there next week.
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
no problem. plus if you spend over $95.00 then shipping is free, so the QT ends up being only $52.00. i'm buying mine there next week.
Very nice, I think I shall try my chances with this package. Also I read that if you order anything over $35 you get a free phunnel bowl. Thanks again for that site man!
Old July 8th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:

right now you can get a 2 hose mya qt, auto seal, with 2 washable hoses for $60.00 shipped form southsmoke.com.
STOP! I can't afford one of these right now, even though I want one really bad. I'm going to have to unsubscribe from this thread. I'd love a collection of small hookahs. The QT is definitely next on my list. Ugh, excellent deal.
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Very nice, I think I shall try my chances with this package. Also I read that if you order anything over $35 you get a free phunnel bowl. Thanks again for that site man!
Oh, sweet! I love my phunnel bowl.
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

The bambino blows that SS hookah out of the water with a nuke.
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Don't forget to use the promo code for shopping at that store! The codes are all right here: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
The bambino blows that SS hookah out of the water with a nuke.
HAHA! Epic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie View Post
Don't forget to use the promo code for shopping at that store! The codes are all right here: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137
Its a damn shame, cause for the free phunnel, you have to use the code the give you so in turn you can't use the discount code. Its fine though, I'd personally would rather have an extra bowl. You never know.
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Its a damn shame, cause for the free phunnel, you have to use the code the give you so in turn you can't use the discount code. Its fine though, I'd personally would rather have an extra bowl. You never know.
NO! Man, that sucks! But, really, the Phunnel is a sweet bowl. Totally worth it.
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

Yup yup, looks like thats what I'm gonna be getting. Thanks to Chadtizzle!
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Take the bamibino into considerations again. It's a great pipe and looks stunning. Throw a phunnel and some sort of a wide guage washable hose and your all set. It's great for daily personal use as well as a small gathering. The only reason I don't smoke daily is because I'm all out of tobacco.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook