Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First time buyer - which should I buy??

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 9th, 2009, 01:36 AM
drahrig
Hookah Newbie

Default First time buyer - which should I buy??

Hey everybody, I'm relatively new to the world of hookah and I'm looking to buy my first one. After looking extensively at all sorts of websites and different hookahs, I think I've narrowed it down to these two - which oen should I get?

Magdy Zidan Kosmo - http://www.hookahlounge.net/item--Ko...OOKAKOF01.html

or

Magdy Zidan Czarina - http://www.hookahlounge.net/item--Cz...OOKAHCZ01.html

Or if you have a suggestion for another/better hookah in that price range, feel free to post that, too.

Thanks for the help!

-Dan
Old July 9th, 2009, 01:44 AM
drahrig
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: First time buyer - which should I buy??

OR this one, possibly?

Vega - http://www.hookahlounge.net/item--Ve...OOKAHVG01.html
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:00 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

check this post out: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11029

all MZ's smoke the same, pick the one that you like the most.
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:08 AM
BDP
Hookah Nut

Kosmo is quite nice. I'd go with that. Plus the designs on the Czarina's rub off really easily...
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:31 AM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drahrig View Post
Hey everybody, I'm relatively new to the world of hookah and I'm looking to buy my first one. After looking extensively at all sorts of websites and different hookahs, I think I've narrowed it down to these two - which oen should I get?

Magdy Zidan Kosmo - http://www.hookahlounge.net/item--Ko...OOKAKOF01.html

or

Magdy Zidan Czarina - http://www.hookahlounge.net/item--Cz...OOKAHCZ01.html

Or if you have a suggestion for another/better hookah in that price range, feel free to post that, too.

Thanks for the help!

-Dan
First of all consider buying from Hookah-shisha .com, you'll see the prices for everythything when comparing to hookahlounge are much cheaper and for your first hookah I recomend the brand Mya, but most are good and if going with a two hose or plan to in the future you want to get the auto-seal system which I don't know if hookahloung stocks. the Mya Odyssey (1 hose) Hookah although acrylic is a great first hookah (great hookah period) and you cant break it and comes with loads of free stuff. I know four people with that hookah, myself included and it always works great. Once you get into shisha and want to buy the best ones like Al Fakher which is the only shisha you should buy unless they don't have a specific flavor and in that case you get Star buzz. Aside from those two the only other company that has some good shisha is Hookah Hokah and their freak line is also very good. Hokah-shisha are so much cheaper, cheaper on everything, have the best user friendly web site and their customer service is second to none. Good luck.
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:37 PM
drahrig
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngraz617 View Post
First of all consider buying from Hookah-shisha .com, you'll see the prices for everythything when comparing to hookahlounge are much cheaper and for your first hookah I recomend the brand Mya, but most are good and if going with a two hose or plan to in the future you want to get the auto-seal system which I don't know if hookahloung stocks. the Mya Odyssey (1 hose) Hookah although acrylic is a great first hookah (great hookah period) and you cant break it and comes with loads of free stuff. I know four people with that hookah, myself included and it always works great. Once you get into shisha and want to buy the best ones like Al Fakher which is the only shisha you should buy unless they don't have a specific flavor and in that case you get Star buzz. Aside from those two the only other company that has some good shisha is Hookah Hokah and their freak line is also very good. Hokah-shisha are so much cheaper, cheaper on everything, have the best user friendly web site and their customer service is second to none. Good luck.
Yeah I was looking at acrylic ones for awhile, but they just didn't have the same draw for me as the MZs and KMs did. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying an MZ, because they're relatively cheap and I've heard very good things about them.
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:56 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

Quote:
Yeah I was looking at acrylic ones for awhile, but they just didn't have the same draw for me as the MZs and KMs did. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying an MZ, because they're relatively cheap and I've heard very good things about them.
I personally own the Luxor and I can tell you it was worth every penny. The wife even bought an MZ for herself. You can also try getting it from Socialsmoke.com They offer free shipping in the US on orders over $25.00.

As for the tobacco, it depends on whether you prefer candy or traditional.

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Either appear fine to me.
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

Quote:
eh im gona have to disagree with you on almost all of this. fist auto seal is terible its one of the worst concepts for hookah design if you dont belive me ask anyone who has ever used auto seal v.s not auto seal. a mya is a good hookah yes but as it seems they want something tall i would go with a MZ KM syrian or an AF all are great rigs also AF is not the best shsiha nor SB SB is a good shisha but highley over priced and also 90% of people on the fourm will tell you that nakhla isthe best avalible in the us and i also state this the reason being 1. its cheap 2. it taste great .3 it has a more natrual flavor .4 its really hard not to get right .5 great clouds ( i get better clouds with nakhla then SB). also the only other company that has good shisha is HH that would be extremely wron IMO. dont get me wrong its not bad and it delivers on smoke but for some one new heat manegment is going to be a bitch and in no way dose it stack up agianst nakhla. also AF these days is so unreliable its not funny try geting a good batch twice in a row lmao. also if you want a good guid for geting a new hookah read this http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11029

Last edited by ThEDrEaMEnDeR; July 9th, 2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

100% agree DE.
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:42 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

I just ordered a 40" KM for $90 and I seen a few MZ's there for around $60 check it out You might be able to get a nicer model for the same price... I was looking at both KM and MZ, The Km's are said to be built like a tank but the MZ's are said to be not as strong but the weilds are cleaner... Im kinda bumed I didn't find the site earlier... 3 250g's of nakhla for $20 I mean thats around $6 a box... can't go wrong... I left a link for you, you might save some money, They give you an option to not take all the goodies and just by the hookah, so you buy the stuff you want instead...

Last edited by photolinger; July 9th, 2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:55 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Sorry mate cant agree with this as well, i wouldn't get another tall MYA Hookah the draw is not comparable to a egyptian, the auto-seal funtion just makes the hookah worse and it cost a lot more then a KM, MZ, AF etc

However i do like AF and SB but each brand has its good and bad flavours and both have plenty of bad ones, trust me ive tried a lot of them.

For shisha check out the review section and see what people like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEDrEaMEnDeR View Post
eh im gona have to disagree with you on almost all of this. fist auto seal is terible its one of the worst concepts for hookah design if you dont belive me ask anyone who has ever used auto seal v.s not auto seal. a mya is a good hookah yes but as it seems they want something tall i would go with a MZ KM syrian or an AF all are great rigs also AF is not the best shsiha nor SB SB is a good shisha but highley over priced and also 90% of people on the fourm will tell you that nakhla isthe best avalible in the us and i also state this the reason being 1. its cheap 2. it taste great .3 it has a more natrual flavor .4 its really hard not to get right .5 great clouds ( i get better clouds with nakhla then SB). also the only other company that has good shisha is HH that would be extremely wron IMO. dont get me wrong its not bad and it delivers on smoke but for some one new heat manegment is going to be a bitch and in no way dose it stack up agianst nakhla. also AF these days is so unreliable its not funny try geting a good batch twice in a row lmao. also if you want a good guid for geting a new hookah read this http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11029

+1 gotta agree with everything said here
Old July 9th, 2009, 10:43 PM
drahrig
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbyerspace View Post
I just ordered a 40" KM for $90 and I seen a few MZ's there for around $60 check it out You might be able to get a nicer model for the same price... I was looking at both KM and MZ, The Km's are said to be built like a tank but the MZ's are said to be not as strong but the weilds are cleaner... Im kinda bumed I didn't find the site earlier... 3 250g's of nakhla for $20 I mean thats around $6 a box... can't go wrong... I left a link for you, you might save some money, They give you an option to not take all the goodies and just by the hookah, so you buy the stuff you want instead...
Thanks a lot for the advice. Where is the link, though?
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:30 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the advice. Where is the link, though?
aperently the site i was talking about is band, but I found it while googling for km hookahs...
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:39 AM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

if said site is banned then its probably for a good reason and probably wouldn't be a very reputable vendor. just trust me dont get it there ive had some runins with said person and their no good
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook