Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

nammor hose problem...(sorta)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 9th, 2009, 04:25 PM
shisha33
Hookah Newbie

Default nammor hose problem...(sorta)

so i just got my nammor hose in today from southsmoke.com and noticed that i'm missing a piece...in between the handle and the mouthpeice there is nothing they sent that would support the mouthpiece inside the handle. By this i mean if I insert the mouthpiece into the handle it is loose...any suggestions? i guess i can wrape a small wet piece of paper towel but i figure that they forgot to send me the piece...thanks
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: nammor hose problem...(sorta)

There is usually a grommet in there....weird.
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:27 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

bro a razan is the hose that needs like a grommet thing to hold in the mouth piece... the nammor doesnt use one.. i have 2 of them bro and havnt had a problem with them... your not missing anything

Last edited by MAD_HATTER; July 9th, 2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: i read it wrong.. the mouth piece isnt supposed to fit loose lol.. you should hit them up to see if they can send you a repla
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:29 PM
shisha33
Hookah Newbie

you know what's weird? It did come with a grommet (in a seperate bag) b/c i ordered one for my hose valve! you think they figured that was the same piece or something?
blehman
Hookah Newbie

I just recently got one as well and I don;t think there is a grommet in it...could be wrong I'm completely new to this lol, but i did have to twist and sorta wedge it in there fairly tightly and it stays fine.
shisha33
Hookah Newbie

lol if im not missing anything than why is it loose? like literally falls out...obviously something is missing
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:33 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisha33 View Post
lol if im not missing anything than why is it loose? like literally falls out...obviously something is missing
oh shit.. i didnt know it falls out... i dnt know what to tell you then.. cu i have 2 of them and the grommet thing is on the inside of the handle.. unlike the razans they have a grommet for the mouth pieece i think im not sure
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
oh shit.. i didnt know it falls out... i dnt know what to tell you then.. cu i have 2 of them and the grommet thing is on the inside of the handle.. unlike the razans they have a grommet for the mouth pieece i think im not sure

I guess I ve never looked at a nammor up close ...used one but don't own one. Assumed construction was the same since they are made in the same factory. My razans have a grommet that comes preglued in that holds the mouthpiece...it has fallen out once or twice tho.
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:38 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

The same thing happens to my nammour but its broken

Send them a picture and they should replace it, it shouldn't fall out like that
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:42 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

There should be one of these hot glued in there (color may vary):

There's also one on the other end that the hose is glued into.
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
shisha33
Hookah Newbie

no dice...the small end of the hose has that but they epic failed on forgetting it for the big handle end...what a buzz kill
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:45 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

if its lose just wrap it in some electrical tape
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:47 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
There should be one of these hot glued in there (color may vary):

There's also one on the other end that the hose is glued into.
I aint got one of these in my nammour, mayb it feel out when i cleaned it, thats why its lose

OP have you cleaned your hose yet
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:47 PM
shisha33
Hookah Newbie

yea, im gonna do that i think...thanks
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

yep yep no problem at all
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
I have two of both and the construction is almost identical.

Both hoses should have a grommet glued into the handle.
Old July 9th, 2009, 08:52 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

some times they come glued in some times not, my friend got a nammor with the lose grommet, all of mine came glued in

their should be one either glued in or in the box or what ever, call them and complain

-matt
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:58 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

Mine had a blue grommet that fell out very quickly, I just used epoxy and stuck it back in for good to make a nice tight seal. Works wonders now.

They really use cheap glue on these things.
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:06 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

both those hoses are built like garbage, but there really isn't anything that compairs to them at the moment... I have owned two nammors and every peice of the first one I had that could come apart did, and this one is still hanging in there but the part that connects to the hookah will start to get loose in the middle of a session... I think they just throw them togeather at the factory...
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:16 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindGrind View Post
Mine had a blue grommet that fell out very quickly, I just used epoxy and stuck it back in for good to make a nice tight seal. Works wonders now.

They really use cheap glue on these things.
some times the hot glue holds well some times it doesnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbyerspace View Post
both those hoses are built like garbage, but there really isn't anything that compairs to them at the moment... I have owned two nammors and every peice of the first one I had that could come apart did, and this one is still hanging in there but the part that connects to the hookah will start to get loose in the middle of a session... I think they just throw them togeather at the factory...
i wouldnt say garbage, they are just inconsistent, i have 2 nammors i bought in aug, one the main grommet came out but thats no big deal, the other one is fine so far. a got another one because i had broken the hose port tip on one of them since then fixed it too but the newer ones handle came apart.

part of it is that people wash them wrong, you can get away with not washing them for months and that helps, if you do have to wash it though use cold water and it should last longer

-matt
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:42 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
You should try out the Razan hose. I have had two nammors and two razans. The nammors have both had issues regarding the grommet and one of them has fallen apart more than once. Yes I have always treated them well and washed them properly. Both of my Razan hoses have treated me very well, have great seals and have never fallen apart in any way.
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:42 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
You should try out the Razan hose. I have had two nammors and two razans. The nammors have both had issues regarding the grommet and one of them has fallen apart more than once. Yes I have always treated them well and washed them properly. Both of my Razan hoses have treated me very well, have great seals and have never fallen apart in any way.
Its odd how a company is so inconsistant, I mean If their hoses didn't preform so well I would be afraid to buy from them, the hose on the second one I bought has stood up very well... But deffinantly would have to check out the razzans, from my understanding they are built the same, but would have to see for myself...
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:55 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

You could always just rebuild them using some heat/hot water to loosen the glue holding them together. You can also go overboard like I did with mine if you're not afraid of a little modding (details in this thread).
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Its odd how a company is so inconsistant, I mean If their hoses didn't preform so well I would be afraid to buy from them, the hose on the second one I bought has stood up very well... But deffinantly would have to check out the razzans, from my understanding they are built the same, but would have to see for myself...
some of the issues honestly could be just from the heat it gets in transportation or if the materials they use are not constantly as clean in their supply. hot glue is the main issue though IMHO, if they switched to a more permanent glue it would work better BUT the issue with other glues is that most of them off gas and do it for a while or just dont work for what needs to be done. not to mention instead of 15 seconds to wait for them to cool they will need probably an hour+ before the glue holds enough (so they need to make gigs then the hold the hoses as they are drying). the only glue that i can think of off hand that would probably be safe to use is silicone glue but that takes a while to dry

-matt
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

im sorry bout your experiences but mine works great! lol.. smoking on it right now
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook