Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Jumping on the km bandwagon...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 10th, 2009, 02:28 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Default Jumping on the km bandwagon...

I just ordered a 40" km exotica hookah today and I cannot wait to get it, since my last large hookah rusted over I have been stuck with my mya qt as my only hookah, so I figured I would go 40" to compensate... lol

But on a more serious level, I have heard nothing but good things about these hookah's, and I do plan on letting this be the last hookah I ever buy, so hopefully it lives up to its hype...

There are a few people here with kms and there where acouple things I was wondering about though, which I will probably have to wait a week to find out...

First off, does the bottom of the stem being rounded have an effect on the smoke, I know the little bolt looking thing almost worked as a diffuser by breaking the bubbles up more, but Im not sure what effect having it rounded would do....

Second with more height will it effect the draw, I figured even if it does It would be a better draw than your standard hookah anyways.

Im not trying to brag about it or anything I just want to know as much as possible about these hookah's, I have only owned 4 hookahs in my life, 2 mya's an acrilyc and the qt, an egyptian, and the cheap piece of trash The Ice torrent which now lives its days out as a reading lamp...

So please Educate me on the ways of the km, lol.
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:51 AM
sahal
Vendor

Default Re: Jumping on the km bandwagon...

Althought I own quite a few KMs, like a noob I have never actaully kept one for myself, I might just have to make a exception and jump on the bandwagon as well lol
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:29 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Not sure about the rounded part at the bottom of the sem either, it dont seem to work as a diffuser, but it dont efeect the smoke at all.

I had a 36" tri-metal and draw was easy as my smaller KM's, so draw shouldnt be that hard on the 40" beast.

Oh btw they is one downer on having a hookah that size, cleaning is a mofo, i hated cleaning my 36" thats why i sold it

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; July 10th, 2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:36 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

cleaning larger hookahs isnt a hassle imo, im not sure if theres a diffrence in big vs small but i know there are a few threads dedicated to finining out, personally i cant stand small hookahs.
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:40 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
cleaning larger hookahs isnt a hassle imo, im not sure if theres a diffrence in big vs small but i know there are a few threads dedicated to finining out, personally i cant stand small hookahs.
Its probably not a hassle in general but when you have a bath thats small and no power washer or something it get's hard
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:56 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

i use a rifle cleaning kit actually...found it was the best thing to buy,
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:49 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
Oh btw they is one downer on having a hooker that size, cleaning is a mofo, i hated cleaning my 36" thats why i sold it

Lol a Hooker or is it a Hookah
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:43 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

When you first get it you'll have to use some sort of lubricant on the vase grommet most likely to slip that sucker in. I've used olive oil, glycerin, and vegetable oil, and they all worked well.
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

The draws about the same between my 30" and my 41" KM... The bowls had the biggest difference to be honest than the actual hookahs themselves.
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:08 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Lol a Hooker or is it a Hookah
LOL thanks for that seems like my mind was elsewhere lol

It was early in the morning for me
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:17 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Merrr....the nut thing at the bottom doesnt really do anything there....I imagine it is there just as part of the manufacturing process. Draw difference = none.
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Herb
Hookah Newbie

I have a 36" Tri metal KM, it has excellent draw, so that shouldn't be a problem. And as everyone else has said, the thing at the bottom of the downstem doesn't really affect anything.

As for the vase grommet, everyone seems to complain about these, I like to view it as air tight perfection I just get some water on the grommet and the lip of the vase, and then use a gentle twisting motion and she slides right in there. It's serisouly amazing what a little water will do. For removing it, I just hold the vase between my feet and use a gyrating kind of motion the the stem.

I've had my KM for a year, and haven't had anything but good times with it . . . you've made a good buy. The only thing I've ever had to replace was the ball bearing and that's it, just make sure you take a few mins to clean and dry and it should last you a long time. Most KMs come with brushes so it really isn't that hard at all . . .

Have fun.
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:29 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

thanks for all the information, I can't wait, As far as cleaning goes I am a cleaning freak when it comes to cleaning takes me about 20mins to clean my qt , And I think it would be much easier to clean than a mya that comes apart, I mean you just scrub the down tube and rinse it out... A trick I learned is keep a water bottle handy, It makes rinsing much easier.... By the way, I love the rifle cleaner idea, I will deffinatly do that...
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:10 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbyerspace View Post
thanks for all the information, I can't wait, As far as cleaning goes I am a cleaning freak when it comes to cleaning takes me about 20mins to clean my qt , And I think it would be much easier to clean than a mya that comes apart, I mean you just scrub the down tube and rinse it out... A trick I learned is keep a water bottle handy, It makes rinsing much easier.... By the way, I love the rifle cleaner idea, I will deffinatly do that...
Huzzah! i finally made it out of the "smart ass who never has anything useful to say" to the guy with atleast one good idea, i think ill make a hookah to celebrate
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:18 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

I couldn't live w/o my KM and it's monster hits.
________
herbalaire vaporizer

Last edited by yeags777; February 4th, 2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
Huzzah! i finally made it out of the "smart ass who never has anything useful to say" to the guy with atleast one good idea, i think ill make a hookah to celebrate
Ah celabratory hookah's those are some of the best kind.... lol
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:31 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Cleaning isn't that bad if you have the right tools... Also just a side comment, I'm a clean freak as well, esp. after all my microbio, patho, and bio related courses. But, i can't seem to visualize the amount work that needs to be done to a QT that it takes 20 mins. Do you polish it as well?
Old July 11th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

I can clean my hookah in less than 1 min. Just rinse the bowl and run your finger around it once to get any excess shisha from the previous session, then take the stem, run water through it for about 2 seconds to get any glycerine out of the inside, dump out old water, sprinkle in baking soda and a dash of water, shake it once or twice to coat the inside, dump, rinse, and fill. DONE.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook