Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Need help in purchasing my new hookah.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 12th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Xero1017
Hookah Nut

Talking Need help in purchasing my new hookah.

So here is my problem... My current hookah is falling apart because every part screws together and all of the threads are just shot, the stem wont even screw onto the shaft anymore.

So, I have decided I want a KM hookah, they seem to be the best, at least on this forum. So here are my questions, I hope I can get some answers:

1.Which do people prefer, a single hose or 2 hoses? -won't go higher than 2

- I'll explain, when I smoke I like it to be a social thing with 1+ people besides me smoking, and I find it annoying to constantly pass the hose, especially when I'm just laying back and relaxing. So based on those factors, should I be looking for a 1 or 2 hose KM hookah?

2. Can the KM brand be modified so that a one hose hookah can become a 2 hose?

3. I know there are threads about where to buy KM's, but does anyone have a favorite site or one they have used that had great service?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've been smoking awhile now and I just want to get a quality hookah that will last for years.

Thanks!
Old July 12th, 2009, 12:45 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo
Default Re: Need help in purchasing my new hookah.

1. most people prefer a single hose but its all personal preference
just know that if its a one hose, you'll have to keep your thumb over the hose when your not smoking (so the other person isn't sucking air) which can get kind of annoying.

2. I've seen it done with the hose adapter for a rotator hookah but it seems like the pull would be really restricted.

3. I'd definately go with **********.com
never heard a single bad review from him
and he's a great guy all around
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:12 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

I must say as great of an idea as a two hose hookah sounds, its actually more work because you have to cover one of the hose ends to smoke out it and if two hoses are being smoked out of simontainiously (spelt phoneticly of course, lol) It makes the pull really hard and burns the hell out of the bowl...

and from what I hear they all have the same diameter down stem so size shouldn't make a diff.

but as far as who to order from I have heard nothing but good things about **********. his customer service is suposta be out of this world... also I have seen some pretty decked out ones at thehookah.com

I have also heard great things about Mz and Nour hookahs... I just ordered a km myself, my reasoning was because km hookahs are supost. to be practicly indestructable... but you may not like how open the draw is, its like breathing, some people though, prefer a more restricted pull, that is if your not a heavy hookah smoker...

Last edited by cbyerspace; July 12th, 2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Get a single hose. Double hoses are a pain, they cost more, and you need to buy another hose. Its just not worth it.

I dont think it could be modified. I wouldnt try to anyways, The pull on that second hose would be more restricted.

I order all of my stuff from either of these three vendors. **********.com (great service, easy to contact on forums), thehookah.com (wide selection), hookah-shisha.com (i think you might be able to score a free mini mya too if you spend over 100$ there).
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:37 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Agreed, you'll be happy to get a single hosed KM. **********.com, thehookah.com, and hookah-shisha is where i get my stuff from, however hookah-shisha is pretty much out of all of their KMs
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

1. Singled hose is usually the better option.

2.I have not seen a KM modified from one to two hose, if you want that option, I'd go with a MYA, since you can just buy an additional hose adapter, put it where the purge valve is, and they already have an auto-seal on them, so you don't have to worry about holding your thumb over the hose when not smoking.

3.**********.com has a great selection of KM's.
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Xero1017
Hookah Nut

Alright well it looks like I'll be buying a single hose then. The KM's don't come with an autoseal function?

@Cyberspace, I do want the more open draw, my current hookah has the crappy stock hoses and I've just been too lazy to get a new hose.

I think what I'll do is use my current hookah for parties and the KM for me and a friend.

Ok so here are some more questions... What hose(s) do you all prefer??

and

Which KM should I get? I've heard good reviews about the trimetal brand and I was wondering if I should go with those

Last edited by Xero1017; July 12th, 2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:46 AM
esteban
Hookah Pro

The Leather KM hose you get with most KM's is a quality hose, easy draw and looks very good.
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:41 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

All large Km's smoke the same, so pick the one that you think looks the best. The trimetals are a bit heavier. If you do get one though pick up a can of metal polish if you want to keep it looking it's best, the copper and brass do tarnish.
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:49 AM
SAHookah
Hookah Newbie

Me and my friends have both a single and double hose hookah. Most of the time we block the second hole one the 2 pipe hookah anyway, except if we are a lot. We usually just jam a apple on the pipe tip HAHA I would say rather go for a single pipe with a smoke release valve.

We have modified our single pipe to be able to use 2 pipes, just screw of the tip of the smoke release valve and press a second pipe on their, and then tape. Works great for us.

Another thing that is worth considering when buying a hookah, is size. Too small seems to be stronger to me (which I don't like) and to big is inconvenient. I think a medium size (about 15") hookah is just right.

Good luck and enjoy the new KM!
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Xero1017
Hookah Nut

Ok so I am going to be buying a KM hookah for sure... but which one of these should I go with?

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idCategory=522

Oh, and can anyone explain to me if phunnel bowls are as great as I am hearing?

Last edited by Xero1017; July 13th, 2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old July 13th, 2009, 09:16 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero1017 View Post
Ok so I am going to be buying a KM hookah for sure... but which one of these should I go with?

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idCategory=522
The Pharonie seems to be the only one in stock so that should make your choice easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero1017 View Post
Oh, and can anyone explain to me if phunnel bowls are as great as I am hearing?
Here's my best attempt to explain "yes": Affirmative, of course, certainly, surely, true, definitely, without a doubt, it's what Jesus would say, positively, indubitably, without question, yeah, absolutely, uh huh, aye aye sir, right, agreed, precisely, indeed it is, yup, correct.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook