Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

zaghloul

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 6th, 2007, 11:22 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default zaghloul

I recently decided to try some traditional "zaghloul" moassell from el nakhla. I tried it w/foil but it wouldn't burn. I've read that in places such as turkey, the coals are placed directly on the tobacco. No foil!! Sure enough, I got results. Not what most of the folks here would consider pleaseant, but smoke none the less. Not bad actually!
Anyone else had the chutzpa to try this stuff? And if so, how did you smoke it? Btw, you have no idea what a "buzz" is until you've tried this stuff!!
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: zaghloul

I love Zaghloul and use it a lot. It's great when cut 50/50 with H-H's cavendish.

I'll have article about this up at hookah life with a lot of very specific info about how to get the most out of old fashioned mu'essel which is a real delightful combination of flavours for the thoughtful smoker. DO NOT PUT THE COAL DIRECTLY ON THE MU'ESSEL! Basically, the packing on Nakhla is not that great so what you need to do is set aside enough to fill your bowl, wet your fingers with water and add 1/4 teaspoon of glycerine for a small, typical ceramic bowl and half a teaspoon for a small funnel with a scalli mod and mix it very well.

The more detailed stuff i'll talk about latter but do that and then get back to me and see how it works for you.
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:18 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I don't personally like it (too strong) but my boyfriend loves it - he does mix his about 80/20 with af mint or havana menthol.

He (my bf) does use a sheet of foil, but with 5x the amount of holes and overpacks the bowl. He found he couldn't smoke it with the coal directly on top (plus it chased me and the cat out of the room).
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
rayver
Hookah Nut

hmm a local shop here sells it. I've been tempted on trying it. I'll buy it next time I go. A box of 250g is only 4 bucks
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Zaghloul is a very good product if you can accept something that is different then American style shisha. Re-moisten it as I recommend and when Hookah Life puts up my article about how to get the most out of traditional style products an open minded smoker will find much to commend with Zaghloul. I have found that it mixes very well with any mint shisha, Nakhla Lemon, Rose and Jasmine and is wonder when mixed with H-H Cavendish and Al Waha Honey. The last two are a real treat but by itself it is a very pleasant smoke if you prepare it right.
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

There is a market near me that carries this, I think next time I get out that way I am going to buy some I will be sure to check out your article Hajo!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 10th, 2007, 03:09 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I took some of the above advice and mixed a bit of af mint w/the zaghloul and it tasted great. I had to over pack my bowl and use extra heat to get the desired effect but it was really nice.I'll be returning to this stuff in the future. Thanx for the advice!!
Old November 11th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Glad to be of help. Try mixing it with Al Waha Honey.
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:16 PM
rayver
Hookah Nut

Bought some of this stuff myself 2 days ago...plan to maybe try it out later tonight.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook