Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Flavored Charcoal?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 12th, 2009, 02:03 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Default Flavored Charcoal?

I went to my local hookah shop today and I purchased some CH quicklight coals and the shop owner told me about some new coals he will be getting in stock very soon, he told me they were flavored coals. I believe he said he is going to have apple flavor in stock.

Anyone heard of these kinds of coals? I didnt catch the brand and I failed to mention to him if they were ql or naturals but I will be checking everyday to see if they are in yet.
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:28 AM
DieselSmoke
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Flavored Charcoal?

That is interesting, but sounds like it could be terrible! lol
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:36 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

this will either be amazing or complete and utter failure
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:37 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

I got some mint flavored natural coals from Hookahguys.com when they were around...they didnt taste like a damn thing

Old July 12th, 2009, 02:42 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

I've seen them on a website or two but never have tried them. You should do a review! Double Apple + Apple Coals? Mmmmm.
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Fervent_Render
Hookah Newbie

Seems kind of pointless to me to smoke with flavored coals, I mean that's why you get the flavor of tobacco you want to enjoy, right?

The only thing I can think of is if you are smoking a very traditional flavor and want to add just a tinge of flavor, like lemon for instance, but if you've already got a fruit or strong flavor that you're smoking, there's no way a flavored coal is going to come through enough to make a difference.
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:13 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i saw the mint ones before, they look interesting but i dont see how they work well and frankly i have a feeling its probably a worse thing for your body

-matt
Old July 12th, 2009, 01:01 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

there's some apple flavored coals on ebay right now, i think ebaygirl is selling them. might go well with DA? idk.
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:35 PM
yehaw4257
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to yehaw4257 Send a message via Yahoo to yehaw4257

why?? i wanna taste the shisha not the coals. plus think of the added chemicals.

Last edited by yehaw4257; July 12th, 2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: addition
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Perhaps they are just coals from an apple tree or something? In a lot of trees, you can tell what kind of fruit they have just by smelling the wood.
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:58 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

Probably just going to be an epic failure. What shop is this? Is it Hookah Paradise?
Old July 12th, 2009, 06:24 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by myka View Post
Probably just going to be an epic failure. What shop is this? Is it Hookah Paradise?
Yes it is, do you shop there?
Old July 12th, 2009, 07:45 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

If its a quicklite its bound to have a chemicaly taste, so what could it hurt to give it a hint of apple... lol Its proabbably going to be easier to smell the flavor than to taste it...
Old July 12th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yehaw4257 View Post
why?? i wanna taste the shisha not the coals. plus think of the added chemicals.
MMMMM CHEMICALS MMMMMM!!!......we all smoke... and your preaching chemicals? lol sorry the irony of it all just caught up to me..

what i see happen in every forum i am a part of whether it be paintball, hookah, or cars. the moment someone posts about something new they get a strong NAY from everyone even if they havnt tried it yet....these people seem afraid of change, if you arnt into trying new things you will never know for yourself whether or not its worth while, and if you havnt tried it you have no reason to dislike it, therefore i think the author of this thread should do a review and let us know whats up with the flavored coals, altho i would advise trying apple coals with something that goes good with apples, like other fruit and or apple flavors, spice flavors, etc.. let me know how it goes, i might buy some because i like new things and who knows, this might be revolutionary? after all, if no one ever tried new things and stuck with the old trusty way of doing things we'd all be sitting in egypt or iran sitting around a snake charmer and a cave man preaching about the new invention called the "wheel" i mean after all.. wtf can we use a wheel for anyways?

FM
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:18 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis Mortuus View Post
MMMMM CHEMICALS MMMMMM!!!......we all smoke... and your preaching chemicals? lol sorry the irony of it all just caught up to me..

what i see happen in every forum i am a part of whether it be paintball, hookah, or cars. the moment someone posts about something new they get a strong NAY from everyone even if they havnt tried it yet....these people seem afraid of change, if you arnt into trying new things you will never know for yourself whether or not its worth while, and if you havnt tried it you have no reason to dislike it, therefore i think the author of this thread should do a review and let us know whats up with the flavored coals, altho i would advise trying apple coals with something that goes good with apples, like other fruit and or apple flavors, spice flavors, etc.. let me know how it goes, i might buy some because i like new things and who knows, this might be revolutionary? after all, if no one ever tried new things and stuck with the old trusty way of doing things we'd all be sitting in egypt or iran sitting around a snake charmer and a cave man preaching about the new invention called the "wheel" i mean after all.. wtf can we use a wheel for anyways?

FM
well while people are afraid of change a lot i think there is reasonable fear of flavored coals. as to the fear of change in paintball there was a lot of really crappy products that came out and wasted money, screwed companies over, were the "best thing ever" and ended up being junk, etc, heck i got in to the sport right before the crazy bps ride, i remember when lasoya knocked the kid out from bounce that lead to the caps on bps, heck i was surprised when i heard there are new caps. heck i never owned an electro and my newest marker is an auto mag i pieced together and it can run with anything else out there, pretty old design, been around for a good long while but as good as anything else. so while i agree there is fear of change a lot of people just dont want to waste time with something that that isnt going to be any better in the long run. (yall thought i was totally digressing )

i really just would be worried as to what was causing the flavor from the coals, as to the "your smoking and worried about chemicals" heres my thought on tobacco, tobacco it self is not that addictive and not that bad for you, it is all the pure shit that companies add in to things that cause addiction and disease/death (not fully but they sure increase it a hell of a lot IMHO). i dont want any extra chemicals in my smoke that are not naturally there the way these tobaccos are produced.

-matt
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

haha because we all know about the "natural" ingredients in shisha and how healthy the combustion of any tobacco can be.. but please, continue to preach the healthyness of it all.. ill sit here and smile and puff some more JM's tangerine
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

oh and about the new paintball shtuff that wasted money... the new apex barrel revolutionized gameplay, and the flatline barrel as well...my point is that you gotta take risks when trying new stuff and if its worth while you will find out better than being a sideline critic.. i applaud innovation even though most people adhere to the old chinese proverb " a nail that sticks out gets hammered"
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:30 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Sorry to disappoint, the nay sayers, but apple quick lights are the bomb and I was the first to have them, and yes their on eBay and they literally fly off the shelf.You want a sample email me and it's done.
ebaygirl is the queen of eBay! Ha!
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

thank you for proving a point for me ebaygirl.. innovation ftw
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:40 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

I was just checking on ebay for the coals to see what they look like but I can't find them.

But I did happen to stumble across these, the details on the product say "they burn evenly for 60mins" I dont belive that, the only quicklights that can last that long are Johns ******* hookah coals..

Old July 12th, 2009, 08:41 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Old July 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

I wouldn't mind them if they work just as good as regular coals, but stocking a selection of tobacco flavors and coal flavors that go well with them seems a bit...expensive...
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis Mortuus View Post
oh and about the new paintball shtuff that wasted money... the new apex barrel revolutionized gameplay, and the flatline barrel as well...my point is that you gotta take risks when trying new stuff and if its worth while you will find out better than being a sideline critic.. i applaud innovation even though most people adhere to the old chinese proverb " a nail that sticks out gets hammered"
well, idk about the apex doing much for the sport, maybe the flat line, but the apexes were more of a head ache when i reffed cause you have to make sure people chronoed the right. and frankly ive never gotten hit by someone using an apex to curve around to get me, but i know ive probably shot a few people while they were fumbling with one . the best barrel i found that was one of the niche barrels was the hammer head rifle barrel but it was still nothing big, only when you break paint the balls curve/drop the same way every time but when it comes down to it no barrel matches my single piece dye AL barrel that was before they made boomsticks or ULs still shoots the best, tried and true. i actually used a lot of "new" things (sound activated hoppers, ricochet hopper, CF barrels, stealth pods [which have since gone away afaik, we only got half of our promised sponsorship out of them too bastards], jumped on the vents masks, etc) the issue is that many people jump on products because they are new and try them only because they are new yet have no reason to believe they are good/safe/reliable/cost effective. i learn really quick to really vet the products and see real life usage of them and to avoid certain companies. same idea as why now i am avoiding herbal shisha made form sugar cane until i see proof it is no worse for me than tobacco... plus i think it tastes weird

as to the chemicals the only thing that is somethings fake is the flavors in the tobacco (which is steamed/fumed off as apposed to burned off like in the charcoal) and the rest of the stuff is pretty safe, you can and do eat all of the components of shisha (spare tobacco for the majority of the population), yet a lot of the stuff they add to cigs you wouldnt even want to handle with out gloves at bare minimum

-matt
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
well, idk about the apex doing much for the sport, maybe the flat line, but the apexes were more of a head ache when i reffed cause you have to make sure people chronoed the right. and frankly ive never gotten hit by someone using an apex to curve around to get me, but i know ive probably shot a few people while they were fumbling with one . the best barrel i found that was one of the niche barrels was the hammer head rifle barrel but it was still nothing big, only when you break paint the balls curve/drop the same way every time but when it comes down to it no barrel matches my single piece dye AL barrel that was before they made boomsticks or ULs still shoots the best, tried and true. i actually used a lot of "new" things (sound activated hoppers, ricochet hopper, CF barrels, stealth pods [which have since gone away afaik, we only got half of our promised sponsorship out of them too bastards], jumped on the vents masks, etc) the issue is that many people jump on products because they are new and try them only because they are new yet have no reason to believe they are good/safe/reliable/cost effective. i learn really quick to really vet the products and see real life usage of them and to avoid certain companies. same idea as why now i am avoiding herbal shisha made form sugar cane until i see proof it is no worse for me than tobacco... plus i think it tastes weird

as to the chemicals the only thing that is somethings fake is the flavors in the tobacco (which is steamed/fumed off as apposed to burned off like in the charcoal) and the rest of the stuff is pretty safe, you can and do eat all of the components of shisha (spare tobacco for the majority of the population), yet a lot of the stuff they add to cigs you wouldnt even want to handle with out gloves at bare minimum

-matt
haha like we all havnt burned a little shisha every session... smoke is caused by combustion man... combustion of anything that causes smoke causes new chemical reactions... smoke is basically carbon monoxide... say what you want but in the end there is nothing healthy about inhaling any smoke for that reason alone... as for the apex barrel.. i went paintballing today and got at least 3 kills a round by bunkering and hitting people behind trees.. if youi havent been hit by it it means the people shooting at you wernt competant.. youv never paintballed against my woodsball team but i digress. this is a hookah thread not a paintball thread so in all actuallity if you wanna continue this convo we need to do it in pm's not this thread..

FM
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Sweet, now I can add some moar apple to my Nakhla Double Anuse
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook