Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Flavored Charcoal?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 12th, 2009, 09:09 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: Flavored Charcoal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis Mortuus View Post
haha like we all havnt burned a little shisha every session... smoke is caused by combustion man... combustion of anything that causes smoke causes new chemical reactions... smoke is basically carbon monoxide... say what you want but in the end there is nothing healthy about inhaling any smoke for that reason alone... as for the apex barrel.. i went paintballing today and got at least 3 kills a round by bunkering and hitting people behind trees.. if youi havent been hit by it it means the people shooting at you wernt competant.. youv never paintballed against my woodsball team but i digress. this is a hookah thread not a paintball thread so in all actuallity if you wanna continue this convo we need to do it in pm's not this thread..

FM
most of the "smoke" we get is steam/moisture/vapor s apposed to smoke, theoretically in a perfect hookah there is no "smoke" because nothing burns, same idea as charcoal, you heat it to the point that everything volatile off gasses and leaves pretty much carbon alone (of course when you light it up there is some stuff that burns off but when coal is burning fully it is "coke" or pure burnable carbon thus only gives CO/CO2). i dont argue that hookah is not bad in any way but it is sure a lot less bad than cigs, heck when i get more of a cough and sore lungs after once cig than after 3 hours of constant hookah that seems to prove it enough to me.

ill hit you up later to chat up paintball, gota finish some work for this stupid online class and already am getting distracted enough by replying to threads that are getting updated

-matt
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:18 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Sweet, now I can add some moar apple to my Nakhla Double Anuse
with an apple bowl, apple juice in the water, apple mouth tips (jewels had those, not bad but didnt fit any of my hoses and were too big for cigs) drinking apple juice/wood chuck, as prince michael "apple head" jackson II, while eating apple pie... ok wow im done

-matt
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:21 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

^^ why not just chop up some apples into little bits and snort them?

You can even chop up two apples for some DA action. No anise too!
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:33 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
^^ why not just chop up some apples into little bits and snort them?

You can even chop up two apples for some DA action. No anise too!
i think you need to dehydrate them and then grind them into powder first
-matt
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

good call
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

I came back to this thread and I was confused, took me back to my kids paint balling. OM goodness if you are concerned about smoke don't do hookah, chemicals are everywhere. I have to ingest about eight pills a day just to keep my immune system from attacking my muscles so I can walk and drive and type and cook and live... and yes they are freaking chemicals and they have so many side effects, and I had seven spinal taps,and I'm still here and I almost died a few times and I'm still here, so don't worry about apple flavor in your charcoal because you are not gonna die one second faster than your maker claims you. I am a living testament to that.
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:17 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

I want to add that I take no narcotics or pain pills I take immune suppressing drugs.I don't believe in artificial happiness.
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

so could you say that you attribute these problems to smoking in general or just smoking hookah ?
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:43 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
so could you say that you attribute these problems to smoking in general or just smoking hookah ?
i assume her issues are unrelated to smoking, im not going to make a public assumption of what is/was going on but i have a pretty goo idea and it is totally unrelated to smoking

-matt
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Bigglesworth
Hookah Newbie

Yah enough of the Paintball we all know Airsoft is better....
(Had put this in)
Hmmmm......I wonder how much impact the flavor is from one of these coals?
Im saying like if you had say a bowl of mint and a apple coal would it taste like a minty apple or would you pretty much just be able to smell apple or nothing at all?
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

i have yet to meet someone that has got cancer or other problems from hookah and know many people who are as healthy as normal... but these people just smoke hookah not ciggerretes and cigars and everything else so im not sure that counts
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:54 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaygirl View Post
Sorry to disappoint, the nay sayers, but apple quick lights are the bomb and I was the first to have them, and yes their on eBay and they literally fly off the shelf.You want a sample email me and it's done.
ebaygirl is the queen of eBay! Ha!

PM me with the info. I would definitely be interested in trying these.

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:37 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigglesworth View Post
Yah enough of the Paintball we all know Airsoft is better....
(Had put this in)
Hmmmm......I wonder how much impact the flavor is from one of these coals?
Im saying like if you had say a bowl of mint and a apple coal would it taste like a minty apple or would you pretty much just be able to smell apple or nothing at all?
airsoft is for pansies, one of my buddies was taking pics at a field that had an airsoft event and all the "hardcore" guys were saying they didnt want to try paintball cause it hurt and was messy

Quote:
i have yet to meet someone that has got cancer or other problems from hookah and know many people who are as healthy as normal... but these people just smoke hookah not ciggerretes and cigars and everything else so im not sure that counts
interesting thing i saw mentioned, didnt get to see official results though is that cigar and pipe smokers lived longer than non smokers since they relaxed and enjoyed something in their lives (plus not inhaling probably). i think a lot has to do with the way you use it too, cigs become a crutch where as hookah can be used either way. i use hookah to relax and decompress but dont need it in my day... even though i smoke 99% of the days i am up at school

-matt
Old July 12th, 2009, 11:37 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

Yea I shop there all the time. The prices are pretty good and still haven't gotten a discount and I've been shopping there since it opened, can't complain though. I can't tell you how much money I have spent there lol. I'm pretty friendly with the owner since I'm in there all the time, its like 5 minutes from my house.

Last edited by myka; July 12th, 2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Str8 Rippin
Hookah Newbie

i dont know how i feel about flavored charcoal...could be interesting to try tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by myka View Post
Yea I shop there all the time. The prices are pretty good and still haven't gotten a discount and I've been shopping there since it opened, can't complain though. I can't tell you how much money I have spent there lol. I'm pretty friendly with the owner since I'm in there all the time, its like 5 minutes from my house.

that is also my shop...i recently hinted to the guy about discounts, i'll see where that goes
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:01 AM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Smile Re: Flavored Charcoal?

Quote:
I only smoke a little hookah, now that I sell it, so I know what I am selling, and I like it. I have never smoked before in my life. I was a health nut, vitamin chucking, sports exercise fanatic, organic food, no sugar, no white flower, health nut.Waste of money and life really, spending all that time worrying about stuff killing me, when I was doing it to myself.
All I did never helped me, on the contrary all those vitamins, and minerals were making my immune system even more over active.Now I am not allowed to touch the vitamins and last December I finished a year of light chemo. Now, that's nasty chemicals, but it worked. Seriously our bodies are well made machines, filling them with too much of any one thing is not good, enjoy everything that's good in moderation. My illnesses are a mystery no one knows were they came from, I just know I'm not leaving yet. There are too many people without hookahs in this world, just kidding.
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:25 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

[quote=ebaygirl;173964]There are too many people without hookahs in this worldquote]
I agree an epedimic you may say... As of now you can only dream of a place where everyhome has a hookah, and not just any hookah, decent god fearing hookahs, hookahs dreams are made of.... that is the american dream. And I can't help but spread the word... lol
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Ive had the QL Apple Coals and you can taste it a little, but if your not smoking like DA or apple everything has this after taste that doesn't taste to good. Good idea tho
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:00 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

This kid smoked with me and thought that the coals were giving off the flavor and that tobacco wasn't under the foil. He pointed to my coals and was like, so how many different flavors of that do you have, I was like the charcoal? Hes like yea, I was like it doesn't give off flavor the tobacco under the foil does.
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:41 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Smile Re: Flavored Charcoal?

[QUOTE=cbyerspace;173965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaygirl View Post
There are too many people without hookahs in this worldquote]
I agree an epedimic you may say... As of now you can only dream of a place where everyhome has a hookah, and not just any hookah, decent god fearing hookahs, hookahs dreams are made of.... that is the american dream. And I can't help but spread the word... lol
Love it, everyone needs a little kickback and enjoyment, hookah is the way to do it.
Old July 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM
luqyno1
Hookah Nut

now that looks quite good, the main problem i have with quick lites is the chemical taste, but looks like this should clear it up, bout tym
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook