Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Al Fakher Healthy Hose - Thoughts?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 12th, 2009, 09:01 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Default The Al Fakher Healthy Hose - Thoughts?

I need a bunch of hoses now that I'm smoking more flavors that ghost in my hoses so bad even washing them thoroughly with stuff like vinegar doesn't do the job.

What do you guys think about the AF Healthy Hose? (I want to order about 5 of them, I already have two hoses atm.)

I have a 33'' KM Trimetal, is this hose going to please me or do I want to just get a couple and then save up for some other more "deluxe" hoses? I don't care about the whole aesthetic appeal or anything.

The budget is tight but at the same time I don't want to regret it. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:05 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Default Re: The Al Fakher Healthy Hose - Thoughts?

Im not quite sure... I mean flavors will still stick to it if they are strong enough...
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

If you do decide to get them let us know how they are. I orderd 2 plastic washable hoses from h-s and I should get them tomorrow so i'll let everyone know how they are as well.

My km hose broke on me today but I really didn't care for it, I like the tighter draws instead the easy ones you get from the big hoses.
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:13 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i ahve only tried them a few times, i feel like i am pulling through a straw. they are great since there will be no ghosting flavors, however the folks who bring us them often refer to them as "disposable hoses". I also have a family member who will use one for months and always washes it, so go figure...
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:25 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and ordered them but I'm sure I'll upgrade in the future or even make my own hose with plastic tubing and use the heads.

3 bucks can't be beat, seriously... And since the budget is tight and I only have two hoses (one tastes like Earl Grey now, and the other like Kashmir Peach) I'll be happy to have them for sure.

Thanks again.
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

So I got them today and I must say, they are definitely 3 dollar hoses lol. That said, they're not bad at all for personal use and if you want something cheap.

They're extremely thin too, John was right when he said it feels like you're sucking on a plastic straw.

Not bad at all for 3 dollars but if you can afford it, I'd suggest upgrading to a much wider gauge and materials.
Old July 14th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I have a couple of them .. I like them! Cheap alternative to having multiple hoses for multiple flavors!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old July 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
yehaw4257
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to yehaw4257 Send a message via Yahoo to yehaw4257

personaly i dont own em but the wife and i have our own hoses. i think though for party there a great idea cheap and you aint gotta worry about other peoples funk!
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I wonder why do they describe this hose as "healthy" !!! they should call it "plastic" or "disposable"
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I wonder why do they describe this hose as "healthy" !!! they should call it "plastic" or "disposable"
Haha! Seriously.
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:11 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

This is true, they're a good beater hose when I know random people will pull from the hookah...

I'm personally a fan of the KM pro hoses, but some may dislike the "open" feeling it gives.
Old July 15th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

I ordered a healthy hose with my last order, I figure for $3 it'll be a good go to once in a while hose when I want to smoke some shisha very different from what I usually get. That way if the flavor is bad, the hose is completely washable...and cheap
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Got my Al Fakher Healthy Hose and, yup, sucking through a straw. But no worries, I ripped the mouth piece off, stuck a hose grommet in it, then stuck the black flexible hose from my Hookah-Shisha washable into it because I like the Al Fakher tip. It's not pretty but I love it. I hated the tip on the Hookah-Shisha washable hose but liked the draw on it and the washability.

So, okay, I had to buy two washable hoses to get the one washable hose that I wanted. I can live with that!

I still really want that Egyptian washable plastic hose, the mouth tip looks cool on it. None of the online stores I'm ever purchasing from have it.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:06 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

I got my plastic washables hoses from h-s and they are really great hoses, they are a little thinker than my mya hose but not as big as a nammor hose. The mouth tip/handle and the end of the hose are both detatchable, the handle is clear, and the hose itself is very flexible and easy to wash. Really a good hose for a couple bucks more than the af hose.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyalAkkaya View Post
I got my plastic washables hoses from h-s and they are really great hoses, they are a little thinker than my mya hose but not as big as a nammor hose. The mouth tip/handle and the end of the hose are both detatchable, the handle is clear, and the hose itself is very flexible and easy to wash. Really a good hose for a couple bucks more than the af hose.
I have this hose too, I like it for the most part, I'm just not crazy about the mouthpiece. It's not symmetrical and so if you don't put it in your mouth just right, it feels weird. But it's still the hose I use most, I just put the Al Fakher "healthy" hose mouth tip on it now.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook