Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Quick question!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Str0mz0r
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Str0mz0r
Default Quick question!

I am relatively new to the hookah so bear with me here. Now at my local tobacco store the only brand of shisha they carry is Hookah-Hookah, and I have grown quite accustomed to it but I am looking at broadening my horizon! So how does everyone here decide what brands/flavors of shisha they are going to buy? I would really like to try some new flavors from different companies but I am worried because I don't want to buy something that I'll end up not liking!! Is it best to start off with a sampler pack from a certain company? Any tips or advice for choosing a new brand of shisha would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old July 14th, 2009, 10:55 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: Quick question!

Nakhla...not a great beginner smoke, but if you can handle it, you will never stray form it.
Old July 14th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Yea, Nakhla packs quite the buzz, and it takes a bit to get used to the tobacco taste in some of them, and the anise flavor in double apple. But it is now my favorite shisha. Honestly though, i would try starbuzz first. When i first researched hookahs, i was into the fruity flavors. I heard of people smoking pipe flavored shisha and said to myself, i would never smoke something like that, eww. But once i made my way up the hookah totem pole, working myself from hookah freak, to starbuzz, havana, then Nakhla, I will not go back, for long at least. Its an awesome thing to see how your flavors progress, and how your style changes, i would encourage to make this process a lengthy one, to really get to know your hookah.
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:18 AM
jimmmmaaaa
Hookah Nut

You won't really go wrong with any brand in my opinion, with all of them you'll find flavors that are good and flavors that suck. Find something you think you would enjoy, and try it. If that doesn't work, check the reviews, you can find out what other people absolutely love. Its all about getting used to smoking, find out what you like in a smoke and what you don't. So basically, experiment. As far as brands, I've had starbuzz, al fakher, nakhla, and ive found amazing and rather disappointing flavors from all.
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:49 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmmmaaaa View Post
You won't really go wrong with any brand in my opinion, with all of them you'll find flavors that are good and flavors that suck.
I agree, you will have fav. flavors regardless which brand you choose, What I would recomend, Don't buy sampler packs but get maybe one or two 50g's of flavors you would be intrested in trying and if you like them there you have it...
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Str0mz0r
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Str0mz0r

asdfasdfasdf

Last edited by Str0mz0r; December 1st, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Check out the review section and review videos on the site. Those will help you alot when deciding, that's why I started getting some Nakhla,b/c of the reviews, and glad I did too .
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:20 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

You cant go wrong with Starbuzz, its a little pricey but its worth it to me. And if you want a good flavor I would say blue mist, it seems to be everyones favor out of the Starbuzz line but I also enjoy safari melon dew and citrus mist. The only thing is they don't have any 50g packs, 100g is their smallest but its so good you really don't need to sample it.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:24 PM
mwrecording
Hookah Nut

Try to look into the local hookah bars/lounges around you, chances are they don't even serve hookahhookah. Mine sells Al Waha, Al Amir and Nahkla and I make the random 2am trip there once and awhile to pick up one of those brands when I need a change of pace from hookahhookah/layalina.
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:24 PM
yehaw4257
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to yehaw4257 Send a message via Yahoo to yehaw4257

you just gotta try and definatly read the reviews cause they will tell you lots of stuff from flavors to buzzs to duration to texture
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str0mz0r View Post
Ya I think I am still in that beginning phase where I'm only interested in the fruity flavors right now haha, but like I said I am ready to broaden my horizon lol. Thanks for all the help, now its time to start experimenting .
You will know when you are ready for Nakhla young grasshopper..... J/K

I just made the move to Nakhla not long ago and I can tell you it is well worth it. Yet like Brade said "if you can handle it". I waited for about a year before I was ready. Bigpoppa gave me a sample of Mizo Watermelon, LOVED IT, then read reviews for Nakhla, asked questions, bought some peach, and well the rest is history.

On occasion I still smoke some other flavors, but my go to smoke is always Nakhla.

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old July 15th, 2009, 09:15 PM
esteban
Hookah Pro

I started on nakhla, best way to go.
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
luqyno1
Hookah Nut

al fakher, a top classic flavour, in my opinion, a very reliable full bodied smoke, if you want something generally, more smoother, go for starbuzz, and if your feeling brave try out tangiers.

for al fakher flavours i would recommend sampling, 50g packs of these flavours:

cherry, vanilla, bubble gum, single apple, peach, mint, gum, watermelon, rose, plum

Mixes grape+mint, orange+mint, lemon+mint, vanilla+mint, cafe latte+cappucino+chocolate, rose+mint

if its starbuzz:

citrus mist, blue mist( both not my type, but loved amongst the majority hookah community) raspberry(my favourite) white peach
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook