Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

dirty jersey cops

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 15th, 2009, 02:52 AM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Default Re: dirty jersey cops

Take his ass to court, thats malicious destruction of property exceeding $250, which is a felony. Because its involving a police officer you can get a free attourney to argue your case. Of course these lawyers are over burdened and underpayed, but if you lose you dont pay anything, and you scared the piss out of the officer. Not to mention the complaint filed will be on his record for the rest of his life.

Edit: Which reminds me of my VT state police story. I was pulled over by a VT statie, and he took down my info and asked if i had anything in the car that he needed to know about, and i said as i always do "i have a lisence to carry a concealed firearm, and am carrying at the moment" The cop wigged out and had me step out of the car at gunpoint and disarmed me and proceeded to slam me onto the hood of my truck and cuff me. Next thing i know they had towed my truck to the impound and i was sitting in the brattleburro state PD station. My one call wasnt to a lawyer, it was to my cousins cell phone. Now my cousin happens to be 2nd in command of the vermont state police and i hear over the radio him saying to keep the arresting officer there and hed be there in an hour. He shows up, threatens the officer and puts in a formal report in order to bust the trooper down a rank. Needless to say the officer violated my rights and payed for it. The cost of towing my vehicle came out of his pocket.

Last edited by D-Szlos; July 15th, 2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old July 15th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Szlos View Post
Take his ass to court, thats malicious destruction of property exceeding $250, which is a felony. Because its involving a police officer you can get a free attourney to argue your case. Of course these lawyers are over burdened and underpayed, but if you lose you dont pay anything, and you scared the piss out of the officer. Not to mention the complaint filed will be on his record for the rest of his life.

Edit: Which reminds me of my VT state police story. I was pulled over by a VT statie, and he took down my info and asked if i had anything in the car that he needed to know about, and i said as i always do "i have a lisence to carry a concealed firearm, and am carrying at the moment" The cop wigged out and had me step out of the car at gunpoint and disarmed me and proceeded to slam me onto the hood of my truck and cuff me. Next thing i know they had towed my truck to the impound and i was sitting in the brattleburro state PD station. My one call wasnt to a lawyer, it was to my cousins cell phone. Now my cousin happens to be 2nd in command of the vermont state police and i hear over the radio him saying to keep the arresting officer there and hed be there in an hour. He shows up, threatens the officer and puts in a formal report in order to bust the trooper down a rank. Needless to say the officer violated my rights and payed for it. The cost of towing my vehicle came out of his pocket.
Ahaha!
D your stories never seize to amuse me. Police officers abusing their powers is something that goes overlooked and shrugged off by their superior way too often. THe bastard got what he deserved in this case
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

I agree with Paulk going through the proper channels would be the way to go. Most likely if you go to the station to complain they'll just write you off. Or worse remember you and your vehicle and hassle you.

Or at least that's how it works in my town
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:31 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

as one who grew up in atlantic city, beilive me man i know your pain with dealing with the law, be glad you got off with that, i had an officer get real itchy with me, said my radio was to loud, well i explained to him he might find the volume loud but i was within my legal deible limit for a vehicle (he go tme at a stop light so his car next to mine made ti seem worse) it ended with him mesureing the space between my car and the ground, the tint level of my windows, the decible level of my exaust (which was to loud and stock btw) sevral other minor things, he tried to nail me for a radar detector, i beat the the charge for it but still got nailed for it being an obstruction in my line of sight. yeah man, atlantic city cops...
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:34 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

You dont need to prove anything, if you hadn't touched the mirror, some sort of residue or paint would have rubbed off from the baton onto the mirror, or the way the mirror got cracked could have been used to prove it was a baton, and to prove it was the officer you got the tickets he pulled you over for

I say take him to court or at least file a official complaint
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:35 AM
MrFrosty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to MrFrosty

That is just sad to hear... Why are so many American cops like this? As soon as the got a badge they believe, they can treat ppl like crap.
I was being stopped once in NJ for apparently tail gating a Jeep who seemed like a normal car. After I passed him and gave him an angry face look (:P) he pulls behind me and all of a sudden there is disco fever with all the lights.
I was shaking, that was my first time being pulled over, so he drove next to me and told me I was driving a lil upclose, bla bla. And that I was "fucking lucky", he was off duty...
I mean that is not that big of a deal but a friend of mine was called asshole by a cop. That is just wrong
Old July 15th, 2009, 09:35 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

thats bull shit, if he was off duty ihe really doesnt have a right to pull some one over for traffic violations, now he has every right to do something about felonies and most misdemeanors but not traffic.

the only issues ive had were with off duty cops, incompetent shmuck, glad when he called for other cops a guy i knew for a while whos daughters i grew up with was the deputy that responded and basically showed the guy there was nothing wrong and resolved the situation quickly and nicely
-matt
Old July 15th, 2009, 10:41 AM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Call the Sates Attorneys Office. They handle complaints like that. They may have other complaints on file for him. Also contact the Internal Affairs Division if they have one, Most Police departments do. Then also file a complaint with his superiors.

Did you say he had to pull in front of you making an L shape?

If so this is very unusual type of stop. Not proper training at all. Also aren't cops in your area required to call it in when they make a stop?

The dash cam would show this unusual traffic stop angle, and with the record of him calling your make/model/plate number this might make your case.

Just gotta 're-post' this seeing as this is EXACTLY what you must do. Don't back down & take it yourself. Make him back down & take the long powerful hookah hose of the law...
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

So let me get this straight, you very calmly informed him it was a legal hookah and he violently smashed your drivers side mirror because of your calmness?! I bet theres more to the story, my guess is you gave him some attitude. Not sure if whatever you did justified him smashing your mirror, that was a judgement call the officer had to make at the time.
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Leave NJ... leave now....
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Well in the states you can report him to the proper authorities (see Paulk's post) now the angle he stopped at can be crucial if both your headlights and his was on the glare might be enough to eliminate the video footage of him smashing the mirror or that is what he is bargaining on but if they can clean it up a bit with filters they might get usable footage. My advise is that if he ticketed you after breaking the mirror that it is police harassment and thus the tickets should be voided and your mirror be replaced and you be compensated for the uncalled for stress. Go to the local courthouse and speak to the DA and see what happens.

(Ps If it was here in South Africa slip the Metrocop some cash and you are away yes they are that corrupt)
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:57 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

I think cops are like that in most small towns. Here, the cops are so bored they show up in force (car x6) for a stray dog hit by a car. Traffic isn't much better. They will ride your ass on a one lane road, forcing you to go over the speed limit or risk your bumper, and then they will pull you for speeding. Even though, they aren't technically allowed to stop people for speed related tickets while they are driving as the radar isn't accurate.

I agree with the others though. Get a lawyer and take him to court.Then at least the complaint will be on file if you lose, and if you win, then the idiot gets his.
Old July 15th, 2009, 12:58 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
So let me get this straight, you very calmly informed him it was a legal hookah and he violently smashed your drivers side mirror because of your calmness?! I bet theres more to the story, my guess is you gave him some attitude. Not sure if whatever you did justified him smashing your mirror, that was a judgement call the officer had to make at the time.
nothing would justify a cop breaking a part of your car or any of your property. closest thing is a destructive search of a vehicle but thats only if they basically get a search warrant cause probably cause doesnt let them start to rip panels off or cut tires open. i agree there is 2 sides of a story and then there is the truth but seeing as the OP was never cuffed or even asked to exit the vehicle yet the officer started swinging his baton that is way way over the line. if you cant hit an out of line cop they should be held to the fullest extent of the law and striped of their badge (along with probably a lot of other rights since if john q public walked up and did that while carrying a gun on their belt they would be charged with carrying a weapon in the commission of a felony)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Well in the states you can report him to the proper authorities (see Paulk's post) now the angle he stopped at can be crucial if both your headlights and his was on the glare might be enough to eliminate the video footage of him smashing the mirror or that is what he is bargaining on but if they can clean it up a bit with filters they might get usable footage. My advise is that if he ticketed you after breaking the mirror that it is police harassment and thus the tickets should be voided and your mirror be replaced and you be compensated for the uncalled for stress. Go to the local courthouse and speak to the DA and see what happens.

(Ps If it was here in South Africa slip the Metrocop some cash and you are away yes they are that corrupt)
theres probably some cops like that here but i think this guy would hae at the bare minimum cuffed the OP and made up some crazy ass charge if not shot him

-matt
Old July 15th, 2009, 02:26 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

while normally i would agree with you husky, as a native jersey boy i will say our cops are about as trustowrthy as the criminals, was this at the en of the month, i know up north cops (my dad retired now as a cop) get in alot of trouble if they dont meet a certian quota, and near the end of the month and end of the year they will bend over backwords to get their qouta.
Old July 15th, 2009, 02:48 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
while normally i would agree with you husky, as a native jersey boy i will say our cops are about as trustowrthy as the criminals, was this at the en of the month, i know up north cops (my dad retired now as a cop) get in alot of trouble if they dont meet a certian quota, and near the end of the month and end of the year they will bend over backwords to get their qouta.
this is why im glad va doesnt give quotas to their cops, if they dont write a ticket in a week so be it, in fact if the cops dont have to write tickets the state troopers say that just means they have done their job and educated people about the laws
-matt
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Take pictures of the mirror and pictures of the pipe and clear evidence that you don't use a hookah for illegal substances. He should be fired for lashing out like that and destroying your personal property. Like everyone else said, call and try and get him in trouble or take it to court, even if he shows, you were in the right by staying calm and not doing anything illegal, so the judge should be more on your side.

BTW, what year Celica? I may be able to point you somewhere you can get the mirrors alot cheaper.
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:16 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

that cop will not be fired i can promise you. in alot of states like fl for sure, cops are expendable, you mess up your gone. in jersey they have that brotherhood thing, every cop has the others back, and they will warp the system in anyway to make sure they are taken care of, this is a good trait for the good cops out there, it ssaves them from alot of bull but the downside is, a clich of bad cops, or the ones that see themselves as badass', it allows them to cover up.

report him either way because it will do some good, but dont exspect him to be fired. best case scenario you will have your car repaired by the state, depending on where this happend (north jersey or south jersey) you may want to contact a goverment offical as they tend to lean harder on the cops.
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

so i have good news and bad news...

i decided to go to the police station and question the L shape turn.
They said if he has 0 video and pulled up in front of you and we are both facing traffic then any sort of tickets would get thrown out 110% in court reguardless. I didn't show them my tickets or mention the incident.

Bad news is I found a replacement for 40$ bucks at the junkyard and I installed it myself successfully. I lost 40$, but quickly made it back by doing absolutley nothing at work.

I also learned that the town next to me is retiring 20 cops and the application process opens up in one month. Hmmm maybe new job for me?!

But seriously, thanks for the support guys
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post
so i have good news and bad news...

i decided to go to the police station and question the L shape turn.
They said if he has 0 video and pulled up in front of you and we are both facing traffic then any sort of tickets would get thrown out 110% in court reguardless. I didn't show them my tickets or mention the incident.

Bad news is I found a replacement for 40$ bucks at the junkyard and I installed it myself successfully. I lost 40$, but quickly made it back by doing absolutley nothing at work.

I also learned that the town next to me is retiring 20 cops and the application process opens up in one month. Hmmm maybe new job for me?!

But seriously, thanks for the support guys
seriously if your responsible, have a straight head, wont let power get to your head and want a good job do it. but if you do get your ass to the range and learn to shoot and shoot a boat load, there are too many cops out there that cant shoot well, they can pass the test but remember when your under stress your skills drop dramatically.

-matt
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

I f*cking hate jersey cops, only in Paterson is where I can get away with almost everything since so many of my cousins and friends are Paterson cops but everywhere else I go they are just douchebags!
Old July 15th, 2009, 06:20 PM
brutalmetals
Hookah Newbie

well i am going to waterfest in new jersey this weekedn, and of course i was going to bring the hookah....hmmmm. ill just keep it locked up in the case
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:02 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

raceway park?
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

150 dollar ticket once in AC for riding my bike to the corner store with no light (literlly 4 houses down)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook