Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Mya Hoses

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 7th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Mya Hoses

I have been told that they are washable and my view that they are not is wrong. Anyone have an opinion on the matter? If they are washable how do you go about doing so given they are too narrow to fit a line brush in through them?
Old November 8th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Mya Hoses

I washed the first one I had. and it rusted out over a few washes? I have two more hoses and I never wash them, I just run the same flavors through them. I have a red one for "berry" flavors and a maroon one for "coffee type" flavors. I will probably never wash mine ... just gonna keep the flavors similar for my hoses. I have some plastic hoses that I can wash, and even those I haven't washed in about 6+ months.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:32 AM
SaraaiKar
Hookah Enthusiast

the metal ribs on the inside will rust after awhile and flavors will soak in after awhile. I just threw the hose part away and used the tips for a new hose.
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:41 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

i don't wash my MYA often, only if the smell/taste of the previous shisha overpower the next flavor. I just use lemon juice, followed by water, then blow thur it hard several times. Then hang up to drip dry. So far, no rust.

But I have heard several stories of them rusting, while others swear by them.

I wish Nammors would flex like MYA's.... that would be the perfect hose.
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

I think they are a better hose on the market.... but far from the claim of being washable.

Ive had 3 of em rust out on me. The only real difference with a MYA hose is a generally better hose tip and connection and the use of upholstery material....

Otherwise its just a metal coil wrapped in Saran Wrap like the rest of em....

at least they dont use candy wrappers instead of plastic wrap......

Old November 8th, 2007, 08:14 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

I've never washed my Mya hose...I've smoked about 8 different 250g tubs of flavor through it, and I don't notice a lingering smell at all...I just usually unscrew both end tips, and I pass the thin stem brush through both pieces with hot water, and that's it...the hose itself, I've never tried washing for fear of it rusting like it has happened to others...
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:21 PM
rayver
Hookah Nut

I guess it depends on HOW you wash your hose...

I've had one of my "washable" Mya hoses for a year and probably washed flushed that thing with water 20 times during this year... I cut it open the other day and no signs of rust yet I've heard many people complain about it getting rust after 1-2 uses.... whats my secret? Besides flushing the hose with water I also flush it with air afterwords (small compressor) and leave the hose hanging so that any moisture drops. For this reason I think Mya's are in general a better hose compared to others in the market (not counting Nammors here)...

I've had other hoses such as one that came with my egyptian and that thing rusted after 1 wash.
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
hobohookah
Vendor

Not all Mya hoses are the same, either.
Their lower end variety, on their sub-100 dollar hookahs, have the exposed metal ribs on the inside. Ive purchased the MYA hoses with removable ends, both Mod and Cloisonne hoses, and they have a lining on the inside that prevents rusting.

So some are better than others. Ive had a cloisonne hose for over 2 years that smoked, and washed great. The head eventually rusted though (where it threads on to the hose) and it was shot.
Old November 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster
I've never washed my Mya hose...I've smoked about 8 different 250g tubs of flavor through it, and I don't notice a lingering smell at all...I just usually unscrew both end tips, and I pass the thin stem brush through both pieces with hot water, and that's it...the hose itself, I've never tried washing for fear of it rusting like it has happened to others...
Looking at my Mya hoses it doesn't look like the ends screw off. I'd guess if I took the ends off that would be the end of the hose. Any suggestions?
Old November 12th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobohookah
Not all Mya hoses are the same, either.
Their lower end variety, on their sub-100 dollar hookahs, have the exposed metal ribs on the inside. Ive purchased the MYA hoses with removable ends, both Mod and Cloisonne hoses, and they have a lining on the inside that prevents rusting.

So some are better than others. Ive had a cloisonne hose for over 2 years that smoked, and washed great. The head eventually rusted though (where it threads on to the hose) and it was shot.
What is a Mya mod hose and what does it look like?
Old November 12th, 2007, 03:49 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Looking at my Mya hoses it doesn't look like the ends screw off. I'd guess if I took the ends off that would be the end of the hose. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Well, the Mya hose I have is the Cloissone version (pictured here) http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...&idproduct=485 ... it came with my Mya Column...It's the best looking hose Mya offers. On this one, both of the ends (port tip, and mouth tip) are able to unscrew where it connects to the actual hose. I just clean these two parts and not the actual inside of the flexible hose itself. I also have a Mini Mya Acrylic, and this one is one of Mya's cheapest hookahs (I got it for free since I purchased the Column). The hose that comes on the Mini Acrylic has wooden end tips (pictured here) http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1414 . I just looked at the Mini's hose, and it doesn't unscrew. It's actually glued on, I can see the clear glue holding it together. Mya claims that even the cheaper wooden version hose is in fact a washable hose. But personally, I wouldn't risk it, unless you have money to buy an extra spare.

On my Cloissone hose, I just unscrew the end tips to clean them with warm water and a brush. And so far, there hasn't been any lingering smell, so it works for me...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook