Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

a stupid question and a funny story

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 16th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

Default a stupid question and a funny story

ok so first ill start out with the question.. atm i am smoking some fantasia pink lemonade (yummy) and i was wondering.. does it matter what kinda hole pattern you poke in your foil or how many holes, hole size etc etc?

and as for the funny story..
so the other day im smokin hookah with my neighbor and i asked him how he got into hookah.. and he told me.. in his own words. word for word "i figured if i smoked hookah it would get me off ciggerretes because shisha doesnt have any nicotine......" no joke.. he said that.. i wasted a hit of hookah laughing my ass off... i dunno that sounds pretty epicly stupid to me especially since he wasnt smoking herbal, he was smoking starbuzz.... just thought id share a stupid moment with you guys...
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:59 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: a stupid question and a funny story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis Mortuus View Post
ok so first ill start out with the question.. atm i am smoking some fantasia pink lemonade (yummy) and i was wondering.. does it matter what kinda hole pattern you poke in your foil or how many holes, hole size etc etc?

and as for the funny story..
so the other day im smokin hookah with my neighbor and i asked him how he got into hookah.. and he told me.. in his own words. word for word "i figured if i smoked hookah it would get me off ciggerretes because shisha doesnt have any nicotine......" no joke.. he said that.. i wasted a hit of hookah laughing my ass off... i dunno that sounds pretty epicly stupid to me especially since he wasnt smoking herbal, he was smoking starbuzz.... just thought id share a stupid moment with you guys...
If the hole style you are using is producing good results then I would say you are doing it right.

Regarding the nicotine the level that a cigarette smoker is used to is much higher than that you will get from washed tobacco like SB. To someone like that it's a good tactic because it's s step down without the serious withdrawal that can come with quitting. Let him know that there is nicotine but it can help.
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:10 PM
SOJA
Hookah Newbie

+1^ try different patterns also ..as far as the pink lemonade all my friends can taste it but i cant wtfffffffff..i was thinking of putting real pink lemonade in the vase to help maybe lol
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Fidelis Mortuus
Banned

hmmm iv found if you exhale with both mouth and nose you get a much stronger flavor but thats just me... as for nicotine level being lower that is true.. but there is still nicotine in starbuzz..which was the part i found amusing.. maybe its just me but trading one smoky nicotine for another just seems like skiing uphill.
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:15 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis Mortuus View Post
hmmm iv found if you exhale with both mouth and nose you get a much stronger flavor but thats just me... as for nicotine level being lower that is true.. but there is still nicotine in starbuzz..which was the part i found amusing.. maybe its just me but trading one smoky nicotine for another just seems like skiing uphill.
Well that would be true if SB had nicotine similar to smoking a cigarette. I'm not bashing your story but rather just clarifying. That's kind of like saying that smoking washed hookah tobacco is similar to smoking a strong cigar. Entirely different nicotine levels and you can feel it. that' why a cigarette smoker often won't feel the buzz often associated with hookah smoking.

Cheers though on making what hopefully will be a new smoking buddy.
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:16 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Agreed, the differences in cigarette and shisha nicotine levels are very different. It can be used as a good coping method as your weening off cigarette's. Also, the hole patterns should vary with different bowls and shisha brands, from what i've been experimenting with.
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:05 PM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

I actually just sold my old Chinese rig to a friend of a friend and he's using it as a tool to quit cigs. So far it seems to be working.
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:58 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

for holes, i dont think there is a huge difference, its more the amount of air flow as apposed to patterns. i use a pattern out of pure habit. enough holes to not restrict air flow is what you want and a good even spread over all, i like to keep it a bit more to the out side cause it my mind it will more evenly smoke but i doubt its that bit of a difference when it really comes down to it

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook