Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

who sais a QT hits like a KM?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 19th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix
Default Re: who said a QT hits like a KM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeHookahNut View Post
Most Syrian Brass can suk my left nut!

Some hookahs like the AF are great but most are just heavy over priced crap smokers
/facepalm...
Old July 19th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Demonix
Banned

Quote:
Fail...
watch where you say that, you'll angry Photolinger. Not only dpes he love his Syrian brass, but he is also Syrian himself.
He probably knows his stuff better than anyone here
Old July 19th, 2009, 08:16 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: who sais a QT hits like a KM?

i actually believe my small bambino produces better flaour then my KM but smoke is a bit warmer
Old July 19th, 2009, 09:34 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Most Syrian Brass can suk my left nut!

Some hookahs like the AF are great but most are just heavy over priced crap smokers
Lol, unlike in women sir, heavier is actually not a bad thing when it comes to hookah. Heavier usually means the metal is thicker/harder/denser making it stronger, unlike your chinese aluminums that will probably give you alzheimers. They are well crafted, have great hand made detail, and the brass will actually stay cooler longer than your aluminum or steel variety rigs.

The AF rig is actually nothing more than a nour/nawras rig.

the fun thing about almost all nours or nawras, just like KMs, regardless of size they all share similar internal components, basically making them smoke about the same. There are some exceptions like always but for the most part, not really.

So if you like AF rigs, you actually like most syrian rigs, because its just like most syrian rigs, although I will give you that the stem is probably one of the most attractive ones. (I dislike all the Alfakher branding though)

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 19th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Demonix
Banned

To each their own...?
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Th3DonDada
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
Lol, unlike in women sir, heavier is actually not a bad thing when it comes to hookah. Heavier usually means the metal is thicker/harder/denser making it stronger, unlike your chinese aluminums that will probably give you alzheimers. They are well crafted, have great hand made detail, and the brass will actually stay cooler longer than your aluminum or steel variety rigs.
=O are the QT and Bambino made of aluminum then since they're Chinese? Because I smoke out of those =X.
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Demonix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3DonDada View Post
=O are the QT and Bambino made of aluminum then since they're Chinese? Because I smoke out of those =X.
Yupp. They are
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
brass will actually stay cooler longer than your aluminum or steel variety rigs.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Aluminum has about twice the thermal conductivity of brass, which has over twice that of steel and even more over stainless steels. If you're saying a brass rig will cool better than an aluminum one, it is only because of a better design and construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3DonDada View Post
Yes, Mya's do have aluminum parts but not everything is aluminum. The heart and some connection pieces are more than likely brass (I can't speak for every Mya).

The link between aluminum and alzheimers is still controversial and unproven. If you believe the link exists just from someone here saying so then you'd be just as gullible as the people running around saying hookah is much worse than cigarettes because they were told that's what studies have found. If you are concerned about it, read up on the studies so you can make your own conclusions, but read up on both sides of the story. There are very good reasons why the medical community does not widely accept the correlation. However, that does not preclude them from continuing to explore the possibility.

Also, contact with aluminum is inevitable. It's in the water you drink, the food you eat, the utensils you used to cook and prepare that food, common drugs, the dirt you walk on that you breathe in as dust, etc. It is not very soluble in the human body though, even in the gastrointestinal tracts where it is primarily absorbed.
Old July 19th, 2009, 06:57 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Eric can say what he wants about that new Syrian Shipment coming in, but let me tell you that I have been waiting on that "new shipment" since march. The word was it was supposed to get here in April and be a good shipment...that didnt happen.

Many of the Syrian rigs out there are shitty, but that being said they arent fully Syrian rigs. They are coming with Mya hoses - not knockoffs, actual myas- because thats what DISTRIBUTORS threw on them, they have shitty thin ashtrays because of the same reason. If you dont like that, like I didnt, then dont buy it from someone that sells it like that. Oddly enough most Nours and Nawras's share the same dual band hose port and tend to all be of the same thickness so I'm not sure where you pulled that one out of. The stock metal of the main tube is actually thicker than the thin steel wrap of my KM or Temsah Trimetal....(the temsah wheat though is a tank). The issue with some is the purge valve is a little difficult to unscrew when you get it, sometimes the first time you open it, pliers may be needed, but after that its fine, and still purges fully, its just not instantaneous- it takes about 1 second - which isnt an issue, even if you are one of those weirdo smokers that purge with every inhalation. Dont believe me, check 4 of my rigs vids that show you this. As for the hose port, some people have issues fitting in a washable hose, if thats the case, dont use a grommet, you'll still get a tight seal, otherwise, get the right grommet-solved.

The AF that I own is no different from a Nour Camilla I bought off of John 8 months ago and later sold to BigPoppa. That being said about poor Syrians, the same goes w/ KMs. There are shitty KMs with cheap trays and poorly welded stems, etc etc. It happens, thats why I say research your purchase.

You can still buy good syrian rigs right now and they dont have to be marked all over with an AF logo. Just because TheHookah doesnt have good ones in your opinion and HC doesnt have them yet, doesnt mean you still cant buy one from another vendor. Shop around. As for the 25% shitty rigs, I will first take your forum statistic with a grain of salt, and second point out that all good Hookah Vendors shop for the rigs they sell, because all hookahs can come in shitty. Before AF's were available from other vendors than AFO, a large portion of AFO's stock was crap, but the rest was amazing, and since they were the only authorized vendors at the time, they could have sold what ever they wanted. Its the same reason why in the same hookah shop 2 KMs of the exact same model may be priced differently, because one of them has several more imperfections.

Nour is actually a brand too, and is a very common name for people and busnisses in the Arab world -hookahs, distribution companies, pharmacies, print shops, etc. Hell I went to a school on saturday's when i was raised in Atlanta called Dar-al-nour...(house of light)

Brass stays cooler, yes, because of better construction, just like you said.

As for the Aluminum argument, that was just an additional point and not meant to be a tangent, but if you would like to refute the strong correlation, maybe because you think there are confounding factors to the study then more power to you. And talking about how it exists naturally is pointless if we are talking about how increased exposure causes issues.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:21 PM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbyerspace View Post
Thanks, I got it all broken in already, I can honestly say, I have never smoked anything like it, its like breathing... lol

I agree with you... I have never smoked anything like my exotica too, I also have a QT and with a nammor attached to it, you can get a really good session, but you just cannot compare it with a session with a KM exotica using a nammor hose.

all in all, a KM exotica + nammor hose + phunnel bowl + tangiers lucid horchata or SB citrus mist = heaven on earth (nothing can beat this, and I mean nothing, lol)
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:53 PM
brazilrocker25
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Eric can say what he wants about that new Syrian Shipment coming in, but let me tell you that I have been waiting on that "new shipment" since march. The word was it was supposed to get here in April and be a good shipment...that didnt happen.

Many of the Syrian rigs out there are shitty, but that being said they arent fully Syrian rigs. They are coming with Mya hoses - not knockoffs, actual myas- because thats what DISTRIBUTORS threw on them, they have shitty thin ashtrays because of the same reason. If you dont like that, like I didnt, then dont buy it from someone that sells it like that. Oddly enough most Nours and Nawras's share the same dual band hose port and tend to all be of the same thickness so I'm not sure where you pulled that one out of. The stock metal of the main tube is actually thicker than the thin steel wrap of my KM or Temsah Trimetal....(the temsah wheat though is a tank). The issue with some is the purge valve is a little difficult to unscrew when you get it, sometimes the first time you open it, pliers may be needed, but after that its fine, and still purges fully, its just not instantaneous- it takes about 1 second - which isnt an issue, even if you are one of those weirdo smokers that purge with every inhalation. Dont believe me, check 4 of my rigs vids that show you this. As for the hose port, some people have issues fitting in a washable hose, if thats the case, dont use a grommet, you'll still get a tight seal, otherwise, get the right grommet-solved.

The AF that I own is no different from a Nour Camilla I bought off of John 8 months ago and later sold to BigPoppa. That being said about poor Syrians, the same goes w/ KMs. There are shitty KMs with cheap trays and poorly welded stems, etc etc. It happens, thats why I say research your purchase.

You can still buy good syrian rigs right now and they dont have to be marked all over with an AF logo. Just because TheHookah doesnt have good ones in your opinion and HC doesnt have them yet, doesnt mean you still cant buy one from another vendor. Shop around. As for the 25% shitty rigs, I will first take your forum statistic with a grain of salt, and second point out that all good Hookah Vendors shop for the rigs they sell, because all hookahs can come in shitty. Before AF's were available from other vendors than AFO, a large portion of AFO's stock was crap, but the rest was amazing, and since they were the only authorized vendors at the time, they could have sold what ever they wanted. Its the same reason why in the same hookah shop 2 KMs of the exact same model may be priced differently, because one of them has several more imperfections.

Nour is actually a brand too, and is a very common name for people and busnisses in the Arab world -hookahs, distribution companies, pharmacies, print shops, etc. Hell I went to a school on saturday's when i was raised in Atlanta called Dar-al-nour...(house of light)

Brass stays cooler, yes, because of better construction, just like you said.

As for the Aluminum argument, that was just an additional point and not meant to be a tangent, but if you would like to refute the strong correlation, maybe because you think there are confounding factors to the study then more power to you. And talking about how it exists naturally is pointless if we are talking about how increased exposure causes issues.
OWNED! +1 PL
Old July 19th, 2009, 11:59 PM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgallego View Post
I agree with you... I have never smoked anything like my exotica too, I also have a QT and with a nammor attached to it, you can get a really good session, but you just cannot compare it with a session with a KM exotica using a nammor hose.

all in all, a KM exotica + nammor hose + phunnel bowl + tangiers lucid horchata or SB citrus mist = heaven on earth (nothing can beat this, and I mean nothing, lol)
Try a KM Pro/AS hose... If you want that "breathing" feeling.
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Demonix
Banned

Quote:

would be perfect if it just wish it was a little longer
Is that what she told you??
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:37 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonix View Post
Is that what she told you??
Hey, if you and your girl are having trouble, please keep that drama in PMs and off the boards.

Thanks.
Old July 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

A Joke I feel...

Hey Photolinger, have you tried the KM Kafae/Precision Hookahs?
Old July 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

LOl I am lost in so many ways.
You weren't the only person I was talking to in the reply, but now you are.

I never said anything about Eric waiting on the new nours....
See above.

My syrian nour came with a syrian ash tray but it was still thin and shitty and some syrian hookahs are not shitty just because they come with a crappy hose and a crappy tray they are shitty cuz there bases are bubbled everywhere... the hose port is to small which mean bad airflow and need to buy a "special grommet" to make that hose work. They have a purge caps and bottom weld that are supper small.
I have 2 KM vases with bubbles all over and 2 Syrians the are actually flat on the bottom and relatively bubble free in comparison. Glass, Hoses, and Trays are done by distributors a lot of time. Check out the Temsah's for sale everywhere, you think the ashtray and base on the temsah trimetal is made by temsah or even packaged by them? I have been corrected on my belief about gauge size being related to pull ease, its not entirely that, but if you dont believe that, look at my side by side comparisons of 3 syrian hose port openings to a KM. Its not how wide or long the hose port is at the end, its how wide it is at the narrowest part if you want to even talk about guage. And check your KM; it tapers, they flare at the end to hide a tapered middle. You dont need a special grommet, you just need to make sure you are using the right sized grommet. Believe it or not, they aren't one size fits all. There are thinner hose grommets, there are thicker ones, there are rubber ones, there a silicone ones, and there are hard plastic ones...and the best part, is if you have a good hookah, you won't even need one for the hose. Its kind of like hookah bases, see not all hose ends are the same, and not all base openings are the same, because of this there are different styles and sizes to both . The purge cap is small, but works fine, again video proof on the vid section. and like all hookahs, they come with a variety of different purge valves.

And where I pulled that from is Eric of Tangiers who is a seller of that specific model of hookah and also I am an owner of that same hookah. I have looked at your collection and do not see you owning that specific model so I really don't know where your pulling your info from
I can share with you differences with several several models of nours and nawras, and if i cant do enough, abu ronin can do the rest, regardless, denouncing a line because of a potential bad hookah you might have aquired is pointless, I may say negative things about KMs but I never deny that they are good hookahs.Anyhow, back to an actual statistic, I tend to trust other vendors than Eric himself, thats just me, and I'd go by what people actually said, luckily we have a section for that in the forums, so pray tell, which model?

and that 25% was tallking about that specific model... go back and reread
Yes, I got that, reread what I said and realize that by talking about all hookahs in general, it covers THAT SPECIFIC MODEL TOO.

Also I never heard of Kms with cheap trays... Id like to see a picture or a thread about this one.
Check my KM SSR (exotica) review in the vid section, Mya Trays are made with more craft....and hey, its not all KMs, its that KM that came with one, because whoever packaged it, decided to give it a bad ash tray...again, happens with ALL companies.

And that's great to know that other companies have nour in there name to... but we all know the Nour company we are talking about is a distributor of hookahs.
Well, the one I am talking about actually makes em .

But lets all face it .....the reason why KM's is the number one top selling hand made hookahs in the market is because you know when you get one you are almost always going to get great quality... great pull.... great purge.
Actually that is like saying tickle me elmos sold so much because they were the best toy. Its called hype, basic tool of marketing, and it works. They can back up the hype with a good product, but it still is hype because it simply ISNT the best. As for number 1 top selling, I'm not sure about that, for some reason I feel the chinese market, and I mean Mya's here more specifically might sell more man. That being said I, much like you, don't have any actual figures to give you, but I'd bet on Mya over KM- just my belief on that. You gotta think, more hipsters like Myas than they like KMs, and hipsters are really behind the increase of hookahs purchased and used in this country (also behind the decline of hookah culture too oddly).

End of discussion!
After writing this, I won't try and seem arrogant enough to ask you not to reply.

Last edited by photolinger; July 20th, 2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:08 AM
Demonix
Banned

damnit PL, can't you make shorter posts...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook