Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Need Some Help

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Need Some Help

Hey guys. Recently I've noticed that my hookah doesn't seem to be producing very good flavor and I'm not sure why. I was hoping that someone might have a suggestion. My setup right now is a 34" Km Ice with a Grand Caravan hose. I'm using Starbuzz Bluemist tobacco with coconara coals, but I don't seem to get much flavor with any tobacco that I use regardless of the brand or flavor. I keep my hookah very clean and normally clean it after every use (sometimes every two uses if I don't switch flavors). What I've been doing to clean it is using lemon juice and baking soda with a brush. I also used an air compressor to blow out all of the junk that was trapped in the hose. No matter what I do I still don't seem to get very good flavor (cloud size is fine, just flavor is lacking). Because the cloud size was still fine I though maybe I had too much heat on the top so I reduced the amount of heat gradually until no smoke was being produced and there was no noticeable change in flavor regardless of how much or how little heat I put on. I'm just using a standard egyptian bowl..would a phunnel bowl make a significant difference in flavor? Sorry for the length and thanks all for your help!
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Need Some Help

Seems like you are doing everything right. Normally in the "no taste" threads, coals are usually the culprit; either low quality or too many. However, you seem to be OK there. Your hookah is clean, your hose is clean, the only thing I would say that could possibly be improved is possibly your packing style.
Old July 20th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Need Some Help

Where do you buy your shisha from? I no longer purchase my shisha from my local shop because I don't think they sell much of it and it just stays on the shelves, almost every shisha I purchased from there had no juices and it wasn't moist at all thus producing no flavor.

So then I made the move to purchase my shisha online and it really made a difference, the shisha was actually wet from the juices and had plenty of flavor.

And I would use a phunnel or vortex for the juicier shishas like starbuzz and fantasia, it traps the juices in the bowl where as a eygptian bowl just lets it drip down into the stem.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook