Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:35 AM
The Egyptian's Avatar
The Egyptian
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 1,472
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

What the Heck is Heba?

Heba is an Arabic (mainly Egyptian) female name !!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:40 AM
KillerB's Avatar
KillerB
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Albany, Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,277
Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
What the Heck is Heba?

Heba is an Arabic (mainly Egyptian) female name !!!
i think it is just a brand name.
__________________
McLovin
My Pipes:
29" KM OG Tri-Metal
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old July 21st, 2009, 08:17 AM
kidkarl's Avatar
kidkarl
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wendell, North Carolina
Posts: 80
Send a message via Yahoo to kidkarl
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

They have the filter on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Hookah-FILTE...3286.m20.l1116

They are located is Israel.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
MindGrind's Avatar
MindGrind
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 128
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Heba Diffusers don't have a filter of any sort, it's simply a plastic snap on bottom with small holes with a rubberized top that hugs the stem (also with holes). It's a diffuser on the same level as any you could make on your own.

I do own two of them, and I do use it all the time, however in my experience it really doesn't change anything about the buzz. The change in surface area of the bubbles is quite negligable, so a small amount of area is increased but nicotine doesn't get fully absorbed by water like magic. Small amounts do as shown in some studies but still a massive percentage remains in the air and smoke you inhale. Definetly wouldn't solve The Egyptians problem.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:03 AM
paulk's Avatar
paulk
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 905
Send a message via MSN to paulk
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

I thought Nicotine was a depressant?

Wouldn't that slow your heart rate?
__________________


At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM
BIGPOPPA's Avatar
BIGPOPPA
Status: Offline
I call it hypocritical BS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: VAIL, AZ
Posts: 3,615
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Nicotine is a stimulant. It also constricts blood vessels thereby raising your blood pressure and heart rate.
__________________
Hi, my name's John. You are in violation of the balance. Leave immediately or I will deport you.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM
paulk's Avatar
paulk
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 905
Send a message via MSN to paulk
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
Nicotine is a stimulant. It also constricts blood vessels thereby raising your blood pressure and heart rate.
Ah, got it. Thanks BP for setting that one straight for me.

TE, I have a feeling you may have to go to ...... dare I say it...... Herbal.

:ducks from flying objects:
__________________


At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:56 AM
The Egyptian's Avatar
The Egyptian
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 1,472
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
I thought Nicotine was a depressant?

Wouldn't that slow your heart rate?
Not true ... it is as BIGPOPPA said, a stimulant ..... It suppresses appetite though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
Nicotine is a stimulant. It also constricts blood vessels thereby raising your blood pressure and heart rate.
Exactly ..... Same effect as caffeine with respect to both blood pressure and heart rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Ah, got it. Thanks BP for setting that one straight for me.

TE, I have a feeling you may have to go to ...... dare I say it...... Herbal.

:ducks from flying objects:
HOW DARE YOU?

Btw, went to my tobacconist today, bought the Nakhla DA can (250g) for $3.5. Too expensive for Nakhla ($0.60 for 250g carton, $1.6 for glass jar) but it has the best flavor, aroma and wetness.

and, he had the hookah hose tip filters .... YAY .... Less than $1 for a filter and FIVE activated charcoal cartridges each of which works for 15 sessions ...... Bought four filters .... $3.6 !
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM
The Egyptian's Avatar
The Egyptian
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 1,472
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkarl View Post
They have the filter on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Hookah-FILTE...3286.m20.l1116

They are located is Israel.
Thanks dude....... But me buying from Israel is like you or any American buying smoking stuff from Taliban or Al Qaeda !!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Ahmad my friend I have some advice for you this matter. I've found that filters will reduce the particulate content of smoke but they also kill the flavour.

Supposedly diffusers significantly reduce nicotine content and lots of anecdotal evidence supports that notion but no hard data exists on the matter one way or another. You can buy the Heba (I use it and like it) or make your own very easily and give it a try.

In the end what really matters as far as nicotine absorption goes is how you smoke rather then what you smoke. As you know I smoke cigars and when I use a narghile I usually smoke unwashed tobacco with far more nicotine then most Nakhla products yet my Surgeon says that blood tests show I am a non-smoker since no nicotine shows up during tests.

What I suggest is stop inhaling and use tongue and check movement to propell the smoke into your mouth rahter then inhale with you lungs. Smoke your shisha the same way you would smoke a top end cigar and nicotine content simply will not matter. It is true you don't get a lot of smoke that way but you get the all the taste and that is waht matters.

Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:01 PM
Coldgr33ntea's Avatar
Coldgr33ntea
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,412
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Ahmad my friend I have some advice for you this matter. I've found that filters will reduce the particulate content of smoke but they also kill the flavour.

Supposedly diffusers significantly reduce nicotine content and lots of anecdotal evidence supports that notion but no hard data exists on the matter one way or another. You can buy the Heba (I use it and like it) or make your own very easily and give it a try.

In the end what really matters as far as nicotine absorption goes is how you smoke rather then what you smoke. As you know I smoke cigars and when I use a narghile I usually smoke unwashed tobacco with far more nicotine then most Nakhla products yet my Surgeon says that blood tests show I am a non-smoker since no nicotine shows up during tests.

What I suggest is stop inhaling and use tongue and check movement to propell the smoke into your mouth rahter then inhale with you lungs. Smoke your shisha the same way you would smoke a top end cigar and nicotine content simply will not matter. It is true you don't get a lot of smoke that way but you get the all the taste and that is waht matters.

Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes.
This is what i do sometimes. For some reason, i dont like getting a nicotine buzz when im tired. Generally, at night i will smoke like this just to feel a little better before sleep and not get my heart racing.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
kidkarl's Avatar
kidkarl
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wendell, North Carolina
Posts: 80
Send a message via Yahoo to kidkarl
Default Re: Craving some Nakhla DA Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Thanks dude....... But me buying from Israel is like you or any American buying smoking stuff from Taliban or Al Qaeda !!
Yea saw that after I posted sorry...Didn't pay attention to where you were.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have I struck gold? (Need Nakhla Experts)(Nakhla Ask. Apple) Lu1gi Hookah Discussion 34 October 8th, 2010 07:40 PM
What is the difference between fakhfakhina nakhla and regular nakhla prince of hooka Hookah Discussion 2 December 30th, 2008 05:44 AM
Nakhla Mint + Fakhfakhina Lemon = NAKHLA HEAVEN ! The Egyptian Hookah Discussion 8 November 21st, 2008 12:02 PM
The sudden craving... HiToKiRi Hookah Discussion 8 July 17th, 2008 11:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.