Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Not sure what hookah to get? Some Help Please..

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 21st, 2009, 03:18 AM
Fox in Syn City
Hookah Newbie

Default Not sure what hookah to get? Some Help Please..

Well not knowing any better I purchased a Crap Chinese Hookah last month. I say crap cause After looking at hookahs on this forum and some of the sites listed I know I could have done better and Got ripped on price. My hookah smokes decent, and keep in mind I'm learning and am fairly new to Hookah all together. I listed a few hookahs below i've been looking at. let me know what you think

http://www.thehookah.com/product.php...cat=349&page=1

http://www.thehookah.com/Heart-of-Lion-II-(Dual-Tone)-Egyptian-Hookah-by-Khalil-Mamoon.html

http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...r-blue-38.html

http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...imetal-29.html

I like them all it's hard to choose.. Some here say the MZ's are a better quality build, and most say KM's =FTW!

My girl likes to smoke with me know and we use 2 hoses I can sit in my Papasan and play call of duty and she can chill on the couch and no worries about one hose.. but I heard the Egyptians don't auto-seal and that could be and issue.. any input and help would be appriciated. Thanks -Fox

Last edited by Fox in Syn City; July 21st, 2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:28 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix
Default Re: Not sure what hookah to get? Some Help Please..

http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...d-38-inch.html

I think you'll prefer the quality and look of the Double Pear 1 hose. It's just the single hose version of the Double Pear you posted. It's about $15 less in price and will give you the same quality.
Old July 21st, 2009, 08:09 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Egyptian hookahs generally do not have autoseal. Which is a godsend IMO, autoseal is way more hassle than it is worth.
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

This will be the best hookah choice and it will out beat those KM's any day

http://thehookah.com/product.php?pro...cat=348&page=1

KM's FTL unless it has a bohemian vase =]
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:22 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgheyitskenny View Post
..KM's FTL unless it has a bohemian vase =]
Remind me why the vase has any impact on the smoking functionality of a KM shank?
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
Remind me why the vase has any impact on the smoking functionality of a KM shank?
it doesn't I just like how my jumbo looks compare to the regular vases that come with KMs

And also I'm not a KM hater I have 30+ KMs I use at the lounge
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:29 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

all km's wil smoke the same i would personal always go for a tri-metal or a solid brass rig over a stainless steel one
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:13 PM
Fox in Syn City
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgheyitskenny View Post
This will be the best hookah choice and it will out beat those KM's any day

http://thehookah.com/product.php?pro...cat=348&page=1

KM's FTL unless it has a bohemian vase =]
That one us pretty bad ass too.. I really Like the dual tone and trimetals
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox in Syn City View Post
I own both a Tri-metal and a Nour. With both hookahs using the same hose I think the nour has a better pull to it but thats just my opinion
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM
DabsTight703
Hookah Newbie

Get a Mya. Anything Mya is well made and will last you for a very long time if maintained well. You don't have to worry about rust either.
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:37 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox in Syn City View Post
dude, the heart of lion and the bi-metals/tri-metals are sexy. all of those KM's will smoke the same. the only thing though, if you insist on buying a two hose, it's not going to have auto seal which basically means that you have to plug your hose everytime someone else is smoking.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:06 PM
brazilrocker25
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabsTight703 View Post
Get a Mya. Anything Mya is well made and will last you for a very long time if maintained well. You don't have to worry about rust either.
ok, can n00bs stop posting stuff like this? Mya's are aluminum and steel meaning they WILL rust if you dont care for them PERFECTLY, they have a common chamber so purging is a hassle and the draw isnt quite as easy as on a KM. if this man has made the smart decision to get a KM, then i advise he do exactly that, without listening to people who just like their pretty perfect machined alzheimer's giving machines XD (Photolinger FTW)
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:29 PM
Phantastik
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
What the fuck are you talking about. Noob? I can garuntee you I get my hookah to smoke better than yours without burning anything. If my Mya does rust, why the fuck haven't I seen any yet? I clean my hookah every 3 sessions. I've had it over a year now. Don't get mad because you're some poor fuck that can't afford a Mya. KMs are good, don't get me wrong but you just sound like an ignorant shithead fan boy. Keep your bullshit to yourself next time. You know there are ways to give your opinion without making a complete ass of yourself.

^
Calm down people, As far as high end hookahs go, its all personal preference, Some people perfer mya over KM/syrians, others go km over syrian and mya and etc. A big part of hookah is personal preference anyway, loyaty towards shisha brands/coals, and even vendors!

Also, to be on topic. With the links provided, the tri-metal would be my choice of pick. Its the trimetals that shine through in the end for me. If you worry about passing the hose alot, it can easily be solved with a rotating tabletop, cause initially, with a multi hose that requires plugging one hose, itd be real hard to play games with one hand right? Again, its really personal preference when you're comparing mz/km/myas/syrians, there are things you just have to consider, in example.
mz is a cheaper egyptian, a km clone.
myas have REALLY bad purges and doesnt purge all the way, or atleast the ones i've owned didnt.
syrians cant purge as well as kms can, but only slightly
and KMs are overhyped, dispite delivering every quality asked for flawlessly. *minus flimsy ashtray that isnt as stable as a syria would be.

All in all, these all are good hookahs. They all have the same pull, and if not... the mya would be slightly below them judging from the gauge of the stem.

Last edited by Phantastik; July 21st, 2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Grammical errors fixed.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:42 PM
brazilrocker25
Hookah Nut

Quote:
What the fuck are you talking about. Noob? I can garuntee you I get my hookah to smoke better than yours without burning anything. If my Mya does rust, why the fuck haven't I seen any yet? I clean my hookah every 3 sessions. I've had it over a year now. Don't get mad because you're some poor fuck that can't afford a Mya. KMs are good, don't get me wrong but you just sound like an ignorant shithead fan boy. Keep your bullshit to yourself next time. You know there are ways to give your opinion without making a complete ass of yourself.
FYI, i have a KM so quit being a little imature curse boy, i hope a mod sees how you're talking on here.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:45 PM
Th3DonDada
Hookah Nut

Go with the Tri-metal imo because it's a great KM and possibly easier to clean than a 30"+ hookah. I'd get it for sure if I had the money.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:45 PM
DabsTight703
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilrocker25 View Post
FYI, i have a KM so quit being a little imature curse boy, i hope a mod sees how you're talking on here.
I don't understand what you having a KM has to do with anything. I never said anything BAD about KMs. Immature curse boy? Cursing is so fun though, especially when it's aimed towards idiots.

On topic: I still stand by my suggestion for a Mya. If you are worried about having to clog the hoses, Myas usually come with auto-seals. The only problem I see with auto-seals is that you won't be able to purge.

Last edited by DabsTight703; July 21st, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:04 PM
brazilrocker25
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I don't understand what you having a KM has to do with anything. I never said anything BAD about KMs. Immature curse boy? Cursing is so fun though, especially when it's aimed towards idiots.

On topic: I still stand by my suggestion for a Mya. If you are worried about having to clog the hoses, Myas usually come with auto-seals. The only problem I see with auto-seals is that you won't be able to purge.
Quote:
Don't get mad because you're some poor fuck that can't afford a Mya.
i can, but chose not to have one for its limitations ^^ if you wanna keep your mya, no prob, just dont talk sh*t on here saying they are better than egyptian or syrian rigs, they are very nice hookahs, but not fantastic.
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:30 PM
DabsTight703
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
i can, but chose not to have one for its limitations ^^ if you wanna keep your mya, no prob, just dont talk sh*t on here saying they are better than egyptian or syrian rigs, they are very nice hookahs, but not fantastic.
I'm not hating on KMs. In fact, I was going to get one but stumbled upon my Mya Phalcor. KMs are easily one of the best hookahs in my opinion but same goes for Mya, again, imo.
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:15 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Clean it up Dabs and check your PM's.

Billy
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Read the rules, especially Rule 3 Dabs, you have violated that rule 2X.
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:44 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Nothing makes a new member feel more welcome than having his threade hijacked by a childish arguement. He asked which of the 4 shishas folks liked. None were Mya. Enough said. However, should someone choose to suggest a Mya, they are free to do so w/out being attacked for it. Your both outta line so end it!
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:48 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Ok...some clarification here.

You CANT say things like "sryians have sturdier trays." Why? Because saying a hookah is 'sryian' encompasses many, many brands; ie nour, nawras, and other lesser known generics. Each brand has their own trays. I have three different KM ashtrays, a large steel a large/medium steel and a medium brass....all of which are sturdier than any syrian tray I have ever laid hands on, including my nour and my alfakhnour.
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
ok, can n00bs stop posting stuff like this? Mya's are aluminum and steel meaning they WILL rust if you dont care for them PERFECTLY, they have a common chamber so purging is a hassle and the draw isnt quite as easy as on a KM. if this man has made the smart decision to get a KM, then i advise he do exactly that, without listening to people who just like their pretty perfect machined alzheimer's giving machines XD (Photolinger FTW)
Thats not nice to say espically when you dont own a mya yourself, so you probably dont have a clue what your talking bout.

Ok the pull might be a bit more restricted then a km but some people enjoy that like me, and the OP didnt say he wanted the easiest pulling hookah out they, he wanted a good 2 hose hookah, and as far as i know mya's make the best muti-hosed rigs.

And as for rust, how many people have you seen on here that say "my mya's got rust" over "my Km's got rust" a lot more people say theys KM's rust over mya's this might be due to the fact that more own KM's but it might be something to do with built quality.

I own 2 KM's ATM and 3 Mya's and ive had a mya for over a year and a half, and it hasn't rusted at all, but when i got my first km's it started rusting with a few months.

About the purging yes km's purge a lot better, but you can do a bit of DIY and make the mya's purge just as well, plus if you dont burn your tobacco you will never need to purge, so before calling anyone n00bs think about it.

Just had to defend the mya's as they nothing wrong with them, if you can afford them then go for it

But on topic i would still go for the KM tri-metal single hose as muti-hose is more hassle then its worth like brad said.

EDIT: sorry abu ronin shouldn't have posted this after reading your comment above, but i really dont wanna delete it as it a while to write

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; July 21st, 2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:31 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Go with the tri-metal, I think they're better built.
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:49 PM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Oh my, so much hostility. Myas are nice, most break down, and include nice hard cases. But draw is normally tighter and purge terribly in comparison to a KM. The Km's are great in every way except for rusting, Dry them well and you shouldn't have any problems. Waiting for a nour that i actually like...

And yes i own both MYA and KM...

Oh and to the OP get a KM Kafae or a tri-metal. /end game
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook