Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Smoking at university?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 22nd, 2009, 04:21 PM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Smoking at university?

They always notify us of upcoming checks at my school. I had a cool RA that always told me in person to hide all of the things that needed to be hidden (beer). A friend of mine, who is a RA also told me that if they find a hookah, they take it, test it and return it when everything checks out.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Actually, one thing i found interesting, is that at my school, you are allowed to show beer bottles and other liquor bottles on display and not get in trouble.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Actually, one thing i found interesting, is that at my school, you are allowed to show beer bottles and other liquor bottles on display and not get in trouble.
So damn lucky. We aren't even allowed to have empties.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
esteban
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
haha see that all around my uni as well, one my friends flatmates piled them up in the sitting room, was nearly touching the ceiling, looked like some homage to carlsberg, looked even better when one of my mates smashed a football against it lol
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:14 AM
squareben
Hookah Nut

I definitely wont have a problem with alcohol, you may have better smoke stuff in the US but at least I can drink :P

Im gonna try that lamp shade idea...just because its hilarious:P
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
HookahPrincess
Hookah Nut

My experience with smoking hookah at college is much the same, when living in dorms we just went out to a common area and set it up and had fun talking and socializing. Anytime anyone would ask us what we were doing we'd fully explain what it was and offer for them to try, we even took a pack of shisha with us so that they could see the 'raw product'. since it's not illegal they really couldn't say anything. But it's safer to just carry it outside than risking burning the carpet or furniture. Plus depending on how much you smoke it can effect the walls with a lingering smoke kinda smell. If you don't live on campus check with your apt complex or landlord about their feelings about smoking inside, if the don't allow cigs just be curtious and take it outside. I would always pack my hookah up in a cardboard box and store it in my closet or on a shelf, most residence halls can't open boxes or anything that's closed, they can only look around on inspection; however if they have reason to suspect anything illegal and call the cops they can search anything. Just a word to the wise. Don't give them reason to suspect anything. But most RA's are forgiving if you explain to them, I got a few of mine to join me outside for a smoke. But school is a great place to got outside and sit and chill with your hookah and a few good friends.

Not to mention my college town has 2 hookah bars. But it's cheaper to smoke my own stuff.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:01 AM
squareben
Hookah Nut

I reckon itll be fine, if your cool with your room mates and whoevers in charge of your dorm, they wont have a problem, I never find a lingering smell or anything so as long as your careful with the coals it should be fine.
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:24 AM
HookahPrincess
Hookah Nut

definitely light the coals outside or near a fan (like in the bathroom or over a stove)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook