Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Online Ordering fron The U.S and Canadian Customs.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 21st, 2009, 08:39 PM
CypherRayshin
Hookah Newbie

Default Online Ordering fron The U.S and Canadian Customs.

As many of you are aware, up in Canada we get taxed hard on all our tobacco products, so a logical way around this is to order from the Unites States. But we have to deal with that pesky little thing known as Customs.

While i have searched the forums for some information, there was very little ( one post) adressing this. From what i learned, USPS is usually hassle free compared to FedEX and UPS. I was wondering if others have had the same experience as this or luck with any other froms of boarder crossing for tobacco.

And yes, I know about the exchange/shipping costing more and all that jazz, but when we are paying 20$ for a 50g pack and about 100$ for a 250g tub, alittle bit of extra shipping on a 10$ tub from the US is nothing.

Thanks. Cypher

Last edited by CypherRayshin; July 21st, 2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: added more info
Old July 21st, 2009, 09:39 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Online Ordering fron The U.S and Canadian Customs.

I order into Ontario from the states often, always through USPS. I also have that awesome deal of 50g box of crap name for $20 deals at my stores too! So I'm forced to buy online.

Customs does charge duties on boxes it opens, when you order a hookah they typically do open the box. However ordering only shisha tobacco you can get lucky enough that it slips right through hassle free. However chances are they will slap a small fee along with it. In the end, it's always cheaper then buying locally anyways.

My suggestions; Order from sites with cheap shipping costs, order more then enough each time to save shipping (all depends on how much you smoke). Lastly I tell vendors to mark the parcel as a 'gift', which under my experience gives the parcel a much higher chance of not being opened at the customs agency (In turn saving $$$).
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
CypherRayshin
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Online Ordering fron The U.S and Canadian Customs.

Alright, good to know. Now, what counts as a 'small fee' if you got caught with a couple of 250g tubs and some 50g samplers?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook