Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Introduction and a few questions of course.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 25th, 2009, 12:18 AM
chazzcalamari
Hookah Newbie

Question Introduction and a few questions of course.

Howdy folks

I'm on the tail end of an Iraq deplyoment. I'm in Kuwait now waiting on the admins to get their !@#! straight and put me a flight. I boughta few hookas from the "hajishops" as we call them over. I had a chance to buy a zanobia hooka but it sold before I was able to purchase it. I'll my best to describe it. It had a "glass/crytal mid section. That section had camels "etched into it. The base was clear glass/crystal. the rest was a stainless/crome looking fisnish. I assume it was metal. Sorry for the long post but it means a lot to me to bring it home to my wife. any online shops sell zanobia. I burned up the better part of a morning using google... Thanks in advance for any help.
Old July 25th, 2009, 12:22 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle
Default Re: Introduction and a few questions of course.

first of all, welcome to HP. glad to have ya.

i've never heard of zanobia hookah pipes, is there a way you can get a picture?
Old July 25th, 2009, 12:26 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Wwelcome to the party ^_^

And never heard of Zonobia or w/e/
Old July 25th, 2009, 12:28 AM
chazzcalamari
Hookah Newbie

Thats the problem. Our resources here are quite limited while being deployed. If I had a photo that would help outa lot. Thanks for the quick response though Chad. This hooka was just "sick". Someone took a lot time to make the glass part. I'll keep looking. http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9285 here's a link to a thread from here I got from a google search.

Last edited by chazzcalamari; July 25th, 2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old July 25th, 2009, 02:30 AM
yehaw4257
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to yehaw4257 Send a message via Yahoo to yehaw4257

the zanobia comes with the syrian hookahs that we can get over here i know cause i bought a beautiful one here in Iraq why cause im stationed here take a look at some of my prfile pics those are some of some of the ones i got here in Iraq
Old July 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I recall hearing about zanobia a while ago but I don't know anything about it. When I was Iraq (before the war) the moassel was mostly Turkish and the GTO brands from Syria. If you can get some info and pics of the zanobia stuff i'd be very interested. The tombac was all from Jordan or Syria back then.
Old July 25th, 2009, 01:32 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzcalamari View Post
Thats the problem. Our resources here are quite limited while being deployed. If I had a photo that would help outa lot. Thanks for the quick response though Chad. This hooka was just "sick". Someone took a lot time to make the glass part. I'll keep looking. http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9285 here's a link to a thread from here I got from a google search.
The hookah stem in your link is definately machine made, probably in china the bowl is chinese and the hose ports are a giveaway for a chinese hookah. Also the fact that it has 4 hoses. Whoever bought that...put it on a nice vase made by this elusive "zanobia". But the stem is probably garbage.

Did the hookah you saw also exhibit these features? If it did, it is more than likely garbage. Is it possible zanobia only manufactures vases?
Old July 25th, 2009, 06:50 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

the only time ive heard of zanobia was from that post that was linked to.

honestly looks like a mya to me, you may be better off getting something not aluminum

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 25th, 2009, 07:05 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

when i was in qatar i think i saw a few "zanobia" hookahs. looked like myas to me.

where in kuwait are you? kuwait international or ali al salem?
Old July 25th, 2009, 11:37 PM
chazzcalamari
Hookah Newbie

I'm at camp virginia one day then off some other corner of this shithole on excort duty. My seldom ever seen cot/tent in at camp virginia. It's about 15 minutes from ali. I'll be here for a few more weeks.
I really liked the look of the hooka I saw in Iraq. More than likely the glass work was done by zanobia group. i did some more research and they do ceremics and glass type stuff. Some one more than likely bought the base and middle section and slapped some parts together. Who knows what haji's up to over there sometimes. I'm not looking to smoke out of this one. It's going to be a corner a piece in my living room. So if its alum or steele or brass I could care less it's just a show peice. I bought some others that are for smoking. I'll Shop around for better parts and rebuild it when and if I find it. I'll save it for holidays and special occcasions etc. The way things are looking I'll end up bulding my own anyway. Or at least buying the parts separately.

I'll take a look at the syrian hookas and the mya's. That picture of the zanobia hooka doesnt look at all like the one I saw in Iraq btw. I just hoped with the world wide web at my finger tips I could makea post and some one would say "oh yeah you can find that at www.wtf.com" and presto there it is.
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:10 AM
yehaw4257
Hookah Nut

dude i maybe at camp virginia soon we should get together and smoke!
Old July 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

i didn't know there were other bases in kuwait, i'm at ali
Old July 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM
yehaw4257
Hookah Nut

Camp Virginia aka Victory, Camp Udari and a couple of others

by the way there is a military social group on here just to let you know
Old July 26th, 2009, 08:34 AM
lilswaggie
Hookah Newbie

i just have a question can you smoke sisha in "cig paper or cigar wrap"

ANSWER NO.

Last edited by KoRnKitten; July 26th, 2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: EDIT BY KORNKITTEN
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:30 PM
chazzcalamari
Hookah Newbie

There are at least 3 bases here in kuwait. Ali,aif jan (sounds like air if john), and here. I still havent come close to finding the base or the glass center peice of that hooka. I know they are Syrian though. I may just have to bag it. Not the end of the world.

I'll be out this shithole by the 8th of aug hopefully. I'm done with the sand and 130 degree weather. Not to mention living in a tent with 80 other guys farting, snoring,talking right next to your cot cuase they work a different shift, and walking in and out the tent. Sleep is not an option haha. No it's not really funny. But all you can do is laugh sometimes right?
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:42 PM
chazzcalamari
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
The hookah stem in your link is definately machine made, probably in china the bowl is chinese and the hose ports are a giveaway for a chinese hookah. Also the fact that it has 4 hoses. Whoever bought that...put it on a nice vase made by this elusive "zanobia". But the stem is probably garbage.

Did the hookah you saw also exhibit these features? If it did, it is more than likely garbage. Is it possible zanobia only manufactures vases?
the base except for color looked exactly like this but it clear "crystal" with camels etched into the glass. The camels didnt match to the .001 but they very neatly done by hand. http://www.fumari.com/showcase-hooka...pe-red-on-ruby This is the base I'll be buying if I can't find the matching "center" to go with it. The leather case in came in was tagged "hand made by Zanobia group". The pricw at the haji shop was 150.00. I'm assuming here online it will run above 200.00 easily.
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:55 PM
kidkarl
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to kidkarl

I've heard the name before recently but could'nt place it. I looked it up and found out it is the name of that new portable hookah...

http://orockinc.com/index.php?main_p...ba3113841b96ec

probably nothing to do with the company mentioned in the original post though...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook