Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Narghiles in Combat

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 27th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Narghiles in Combat

I've been spending some time talking with a long time business associate that resides in the lovely Cyprian town of Kyrenia and heard some interesting stuff about narghiles in combat. Basically it came up because we both are narghile fans although my associate was raised with them during his formative years in Lebanon. We also share a commonality in that we both were stupid enough to spend too much of our life in "the profession of arms" and so when mentioned a little about his time fighting with some Christian militia during the '80s we got to talking. I recalled that someone posted a video here of militiamen taking time out from combat to enjoy a smoke and so I ask him about the matter.

Apparently smoking a narghile and fighting at the same time isn't as surreal and as rare as I assumed. Apparently that sort of thing is fairly common during some skirmishes which shows a devil may care attitude, a genuine love of the narghile which may only be interupted during times of extreme hardship or something else that I can't put my finger on.

Anyway, just a wierd observation about this hobby of ours.
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: Narghiles in Combat

interesting hajo, your posts are always very informative, you honestly should compile a book about hookah and history, tobaccos, etc and all that.

i can just see though 2 people going at each other in a house running around trying to get the other with one hookah going and each of them grabbing a pull and they run by

i can see it though, look at the amount of cigs and cigars the americans would smoke in battle, its only logical that the local style of tobacco use would carry over into battle, granted it would be much harder to smoke a hookah in war

-matt
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Hmmm .. intresting, I really enjoy reading your posts.

You know what, if I were in a combat, I would love to hit others with hookah hoses .. LMAO .. I've tried it and it really hurts especially KM leather hoses. lol
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Hmmm .. intresting, I really enjoy reading your posts.

You know what, if I were in a combat, I would love to hit others with hookah hoses .. LMAO .. I've tried it and it really hurts especially KM leather hoses. lol
just think what some special forces guys could do with a rig... then use your skull as a large tombac bowl

-matt
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:13 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I beleive this is the post your reffering to Hajo. http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...=lebanese+army
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:23 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
I beleive this is the post your reffering to Hajo. http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...=lebanese+army
awww the vid is listed as private
-matt
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
awww the vid is listed as private
-matt
Really? Well, it's an old post I put up.
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

i smoked whilei uber noobs in counterstrike 1.6.

does that count?
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Yep, that is the vid and I think that Abu was the one that dug it up in the first place. I am glad you guys like my stories since I have a million of them but I lack the time to write them down. Yeah, basically it seems the lower intensity and moderately static firefights don't interupt one's enjoyment of a good smoke which is totally crazy to me but the Lebanese militias have lots of experience fighting and winning wars of attrition so you can't argue with success.

My buddy says that his unit used to bring a few out on patrol some times and that they they'd take turns smoking when fire intensity wasn't too high. I can't imagine doing that when I was in the field so I suppose the Lebanese must be alot more comfortable with the "fog of war" then I ever was.

What a crazy world we live in.
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:57 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

as long as my batallion doesnt try to stop me, im bringing one on my upcoming deployment, ill need lots of CHQLs though.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:37 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

yes, i recall that video as well as pic ar had called hizballah hookah. i'm assuming that those are during battles when they send in some troops to fight, they come out and take a break, smoke a hookah while other teams go in, or, battles go in spurts and there is a quiet time, think of the stress, a hookah would do good after risking your life for a few hours and almost getting killed, i would.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Yeah, that was the stuff. Totally crazy stuff to watch. My Lebanese buddy said something like his unit morale would have plummeted without tombac. Apparently everyone in his platoon smoked everyday, even when on patrol. It's also sorta wild that a couple of people would take along the extra weight of a narghile while fighting. I guess they are just more hardcore then I am.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
as long as my batallion doesnt try to stop me, im bringing one on my upcoming deployment, ill need lots of CHQLs though.
That would be awesome if they let you carry around a narghile with your kit. Although I wonder how you'd keep the base from getting busted?
Old July 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

im thinking mya acrylic, but i do more mounted operations so i might be able to pickup a bambino or something. i feel syrian brass may not be worth the extra weight. i have carry an infantry load along with my specialized load = not fun to walk, and even in a vehicle, barely any room for all the stuff

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 29th, 2009, 05:54 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

maybe get a Gooza instead PL?
Old July 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

in retrospect i should have asked you before thinking, mr i own every hookah sold in the US.

Old July 29th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I donn't know, a Syrian taking a Mya to Iraq seems weird. I suppose Poppa is on the right in that Gooza may be better. I suppose that in WWI the Turks ha plenty of narghiles at the front lines so I wonder what they used?
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:23 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

lol, yeah, but i cant exactly ship out with one and have it not break

Old July 29th, 2009, 10:59 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
in retrospect i should have asked you before thinking, mr i own every hookah sold in the US.
LOL!
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

well you got me thinking, I know HC has one but i dont know about it, so i talked to john to see if he can hook me up with something similar to the ones they showcase on sierra's catalogue.

i figure a full steel goza will work better than even a mogul steel hookah with a removable straight pipe

Old July 30th, 2009, 01:00 AM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

PL just tell command that its an essential part of your gear and you cant do all your secret squrrell shit without a quality hookah. im sure theyll allocate you a pellican case for your hookah on the flight over. hell i use a pellican double rifle case to carry my KM around.

P.S. if the shit really hits the fan you can beat someone to death with a brass stem.
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:58 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

haha, I just got told I am getting issued 2 pelicans to put my stuff into for deployment, which is hopeful and not, because they may order me to put certain stuff into it

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook