Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla Packing

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 27th, 2009, 11:42 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Default Nakhla Packing

(if you dont want to hear my story and just want to get to my question look at the 3rd paragraph, the 2nd paragraph is how I packed my bowl)

I might be in some trouble if I don't figure this out. I just bought some Nakhla mizo peach from my local shop, and when I got home I put it in a air tight container, picked out most of the tree trucks.

I packed my bowl, gave it a good mix then just drop little bits in the bowl, then I did give it a tight pack dow but not a super hard pack, I had 3 coconaras on my vortex and 5-6 drags were fine, then it happend....IT BURNED!!!

This is where you guys come into play, what do you nakhla hooligans do when it comes to packing your bowl?

I need to get it right because I orderd a wholeee bunch of nakhla and I don't want it to go to waste.
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:51 PM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Nakhla Packing

I broke my vortex but I would just sprinkle it in, lightly pat it down to make sure it was below the rim but above the holes. I used 3 shishaco coconut coals and I've never burned Nakhla. Never smoked the Mizo line before but I'd imagine it's not much different.
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Pack it like you would normal shisha tobacco. People have been smoking it just fine for years before the "pack it Taintgers style" fad came around. Pack it fluffy, just under the rim, foil it, don't overload it with coals, put on a windcover and enjoy the greatness that is Nakhla.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:02 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I think your issue was the amount of coals. Nakhla is a dryer tobacco and I'm not sure that 3 coals are needed on a vortex.

But yeah, pull your old egyptian bowl out, fluff your tobacco in, leave some space in between the foil and the top of the tobacco, never pack it down, poke your holes and enjoy. its a dryer tobacco but very intense flavor, so you usually need less heat than with something like Starbuzz or Tangiers.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:07 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

What was your hole pattern like? How many and how big?
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:09 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Would a eygptian bowl work better for nakhla? and would 2 coconaras be good for a egyptian bowl or should I cut some in half and use windcovers.

I only used 3 cocos on the vortex because I saw bradedups' reviews on nakhla and he used 3 cocos and sometimes a windcover so I just gave it a shot with 3coals and no windcover and it didnt work out so well.

I would give it another try but its already late and burning a new bowl of shisha killed my desire to start up a new bowl.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:10 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

I used a thumb tac and just did 3rings and maybe some extra to fill the big gaps that I may have made.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:12 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyalAkkaya View Post
(if you dont want to hear my story and just want to get to my question look at the 3rd paragraph, the 2nd paragraph is how I packed my bowl)

I might be in some trouble if I don't figure this out. I just bought some Nakhla mizo peach from my local shop, and when I got home I put it in a air tight container, picked out most of the tree trucks.

I packed my bowl, gave it a good mix then just drop little bits in the bowl, then I did give it a tight pack dow but not a super hard pack, I had 3 coconaras on my vortex and 5-6 drags were fine, then it happend....IT BURNED!!!

This is where you guys come into play, what do you nakhla hooligans do when it comes to packing your bowl?

I need to get it right because I orderd a wholeee bunch of nakhla and I don't want it to go to waste.
HOLY CRAP there were trucks in your tobacco?!

but seriously, just pack it loose and make sure it doesn't touch the foil and start with 2 cocos. i don't like cocos personally, they burn too hot. if 2 is not enough, try three on the very edge of the bowl in a triangle pattern.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:14 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyalAkkaya View Post
Would a eygptian bowl work better for nakhla? and would 2 coconaras be good for a egyptian bowl or should I cut some in half and use windcovers.

I only used 3 cocos on the vortex because I saw bradedups' reviews on nakhla and he used 3 cocos and sometimes a windcover so I just gave it a shot with 3coals and no windcover and it didnt work out so well.

I would give it another try but its already late and burning a new bowl of shisha killed my desire to start up a new bowl.
I smoked some Earl Grey out of a small egyptian bowl earlier and had 2 Shishaco coals with no windcover and it was producing good smoke and flavor. But like I said I always used 3 on a vortex and even the windcover sometimes and it was fine.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:16 AM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

I just use 2 CN's on a standard Egytian bowl with the same hole pattern and lightly sprinkled tobacco just under the rim for regular Nakhla. With Mizo I used about the same amount of heat, but with chunks of bulk nats which came out to about two good sized pieces. A wind cover with 2 coals should work fine for Mizo.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:20 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i have a youtube video you can lookup "how to pack nakhla tangeirs style" (sorry dunk)if you can't find it let me know (just burnt out now) it works great for me and i am smoking nakhla orange atm and as usual working great. i think your mistake may be that you are using a thumbtack, i drill holes to the bottom of the bowl with a toothpick.
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:24 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

I've seen your video but I was a little skeptical about it, but I guess everything is worth a try. I'll try like 3 different techniques tomorrow include the "tangeirs" method and i'll see what works best for me.
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

i pack it very lightly, sprinkle it in and then when i put the foil on, push the foil down on it softly. When I put my QL (fail, i know) I push down on the coal a little bit to get it going.
I've never burnt it like that.
Old July 28th, 2009, 02:47 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I use an Egyptian Bowl for all my Nakhla. Even the mizo line isn't wet enough to use a vortex for me. As said before, keep it light and keep it loose. I use two Coconut coals with a windcover for the first 15 minutes or so and then take it off until the coals have died down enough and need a little extra boost to finish off the session.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook