Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I Now Bow Down to Nakhla

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 28th, 2009, 08:24 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: I Now Bow Down to Nakhla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonix View Post
Exactly, more expensive doesn't always mean better. The only place where that does really take place is photography.
and even then the equipment can only be as good as the person using it

-matt
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:03 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
and even then the equipment can only be as good as the person using it

-matt
lol I took better shots with a P&S canon a80 than i have taken with my rebel, not all were better, but a lot were, it just happens.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:18 PM
shaffaaf27
Banned

i mean tang form eric is $10 so thats cheap aswell, both together battle for top spot.
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:21 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
lol I took better shots with a P&S canon a80 than i have taken with my rebel, not all were better, but a lot were, it just happens.
ya i know man, i have some great shots from my old cannon point and shoot and some horrid shots with my nikon d80 then again i can do a lot more with the d80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
i mean tang form eric is $10 so thats cheap aswell, both together battle for top spot.
gram per gram tangiers is not too expensive but the bigger thing is that it takes so much more to smoke it

-matt
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Quote:
It's not so much the camera as it is the lens. The quality of the glass, the bigger f stops, and such you get with a more expensive, higher quality lens.

The argument of the camera is only as good as the photographer makes it is kind of irrelevant to the topic on hand because what we are discussing is more expensive doesn't always mean better. You have to eliminate the human factor kind of. You understand what I'm trying to say because I don't know if it is clear*.

Last edited by Demonix; July 28th, 2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
shaffaaf27
Banned

well yes it takes more to use it, but its soo worth it! i pack nak liek tangiers anyways so thats no problem, and its not hard to accilamte, just leave the tobacco in the tub, open for a few hours.
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:58 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
well yes it takes more to use it, but its soo worth it! i pack nak liek tangiers anyways so thats no problem, and its not hard to accilamte, just leave the tobacco in the tub, open for a few hours.
in the more humid environments it can get hard, ive had stuff that didnt acclimate for a while and other stuff that just never did... on the other hand ive have stuff that didnt need any. in va it is hit and miss

-matt
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:10 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonix View Post
It's not so much the camera as it is the lens. The quality of the glass, the bigger f stops, and such you get with a more expensive, higher quality lens.

The argument of the camera is only as good as the photographer makes it is kind of irrelevant to the topic on hand because what we are discussing is more expensive doesn't always mean better. You have to eliminate the human factor kind of. You understand what I'm trying to say because I don't know if it is clear*.
Trust me I know, click my sig!

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Demonix
Banned

Very nice work. I'll be sure to look through it all later when I have the chance.
I still don't like the presentation of digital as much as I love the saturation of color film.
It just looks too artificial for me.
I work with digital off and on, it's a real love hate relationship. I'm not taking a B&W film course for the first time in 6 years, so I'm going to be working with digital for the time being.
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

I never did a real photography training mainly because the first class is all B&W and basics which I was able to learn on my own. I got help from pro's and such, but hey I love color too much to avoid it for 3 semesters of photography. Anyhow, I understand the romantic love for film, but I can't help but admit for someone with my lifestyle that digital has made it easier and more practical for a guy like me.

Old July 29th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Demonix
Banned

Quote:
I never did a real photography training mainly because the first class is all B&W and basics which I was able to learn on my own. I got help from pro's and such, but hey I love color too much to avoid it for 3 semesters of photography. Anyhow, I understand the romantic love for film, but I can't help but admit for someone with my lifestyle that digital has made it easier and more practical for a guy like me.
Definitely.
I have yet to work with color film because it's so difficult to find somewhere to work with it in a darkroom around here and the places that you can rent are horrendously priced.
I threw a fit last week when I found out my college wasn't offering an Adv. B&W class this semester because I have already taken the others.
So I'm going to be working with a lot of digital. I still need to learn to do some of the HDR enhancements like you have of your shot down the row of crops.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:34 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

I want to bow down to nakhla to but so far I burned 2 bowls of mizo peach. I know alot of people will say its my fault because im not packing it right but I pack it exactly how i've been told on my nakhla post. I even got double apple to smoke and not burn, I just don't smoke da anymore because I don't like it (yeah I said it, big whoop, wanna fight about it) lol.

I think it might be a bad batch, I got a package coming from hj with some mandarin, earl grey, margurita. Hopefully those turn out good. But until then I will keep trying.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Demonix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyalAkkaya View Post
I think it might be a bad batch, I got a package coming from hj with some mandarin, earl grey, margurita. Hopefully those turn out good. But until then I will keep trying.
I'm really satisfied with mandarin, had it 2 days in a row
I hate fusion atm though
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:58 AM
MrFrosty
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to MrFrosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post

i think part of the issue in germany is that yall have to moisture laws so the nakhla your getting probably is not as moist as the rest of us

-matt
True, but I was speaking of moist (25%) tobacco that you might get at some shops, mostly Turks and Arabs:P.

I agree on the part that more expensive equipment does not equal better smoking experience for instance I can't stand Fantasia, all of the flavors I tried taste almost the same and very chemically... It has been a while since I last tried Nakhla but I dont really think that is has changed alot. Maybe I will give it another try at some point xD.
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyalAkkaya View Post
I want to bow down to nakhla to but so far I burned 2 bowls of mizo peach. I know alot of people will say its my fault because im not packing it right but I pack it exactly how i've been told on my nakhla post. I even got double apple to smoke and not burn, I just don't smoke da anymore because I don't like it (yeah I said it, big whoop, wanna fight about it) lol.

Too bad you don't live close to me. I'd have you over for a nice bowl of Nakhla peach. That way I could show you first hand how to set up. It's not difficult.

Take your time, never rush.
I use my Egyptian bowl, metal screen, 1 QL (3Kings atm), and wind cover. Add / remove windcover as needed.

The clouds are not enormous, but the flavor is great.

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:25 AM
SAHookah
Hookah Newbie

When I first started smoking hookah I also really liked Nakhla. Firstly because it is so cheap and because I haven't really tasted a lot of other flavors. As of present my favorite brand is Al Sultan, the fine cut can be compared to premium brands and the taste of most of the flavors (except rose, that's the worst stuff I have ever tasted) are very pleasant. I also tend to get a Hookah Headache with Nakhla...

Bu hey, if you like a certain brand, stick with it
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook