Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Herbal Shisha

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 30th, 2009, 12:41 AM
CypherRayshin
Hookah Newbie

Default Herbal Shisha

I was just wondering if herbal shisha's give the same flavor and smoke as normal tobacco shishas give.

I live up in Canada so I gotta pay 20 bucks for a 50g sample pack :/. So if the herbal stuff is more or less the same except for the buzz, it would be much much cheaper for me to smoke since they are about 1/4 the price.

Also, does mixing them with tobacco shishas work as well for a little buzz?
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:36 AM
myka
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Herbal Shisha

I don't really like herbal tobacco because most of the brands are crap, but Hydro herbal is surprisingly good. If you can find any Hydro locally definitely try it out if the price is right. I don't see why mixing herbal with tobacco could be bad.
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

HYDRO is awesome. I've had the Blueberry and the Peach and the flavors really pop. Not sure about the others, but I'm beyond impressed so far.

The peach is a bit touchy if you overdo it with the heat. One coal on a small ceramic bowl is all it takes.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:15 PM
plymouthshisha
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to plymouthshisha

I bought High-Life Smoke and Soex when I first got my hookah. Don't bother. A tasteless waste of cash
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymouthshisha View Post
I bought High-Life Smoke and Soex when I first got my hookah. Don't bother. A tasteless waste of cash
Give Hydro a shot... Totally different animal.

Never tried High-life, but Soex sucks.

I'd say the quality of Hydro is right up there with starbuzz with regards to flavor... At least the blueberry.
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

My favorite herbal shisha is Saalaam. Their flavors are amazing and because there is no tobacco, they can soak them in glycerine. Saalaam Spiced Chai has the most flavor and smoke imo out of any herbal shisha.
Old July 30th, 2009, 08:05 PM
scoobyhookah
Hookah Newbie

My favorite Herbal is Hydro the smoke and flavor is amazing ....its to me the only herbal worth smoking .....try the peach and blueberry
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:37 PM
kidkarl
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to kidkarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
My favorite herbal shisha is Saalaam. Their flavors are amazing and because there is no tobacco, they can soak them in glycerine. Saalaam Spiced Chai has the most flavor and smoke imo out of any herbal shisha.
I have to agree with Coldgr here. I love Saalam. Soex is not worth the money. Just ordered a bunch of Hydro myself. Check the reviews section for flavor recommendations! The Saalaam I have is Tiramisu and Spiced Chai. Both awesome. Will be trying others soon by them.
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:40 PM
99GenX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX

Ordering some myself very soon, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thrilled to hear that so many people enjoy the herbal stuff.
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:29 AM
Emre1990
Hookah Nut

Soex is all we have around here, I remember I bought a double apple and it tasted like shit. The banana had a bit of flavor to it and the mint was extremely strong.
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:53 AM
sahal
Vendor

Have any of you ever tried El Rosha?
Old August 1st, 2009, 08:20 PM
coax
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahal View Post
Have any of you ever tried El Rosha?
I've always found the soex and herbals generally quite dry. I've just tried the El Rosha Lemon and Mint herbal. packaging was very good and sealed very well. The flavour was very nice and the mixture was very moist. Smoked very well. Could actually squeeze juice from it. Would recommend. Just ordered the very berry range package offer from SB. Will post my reviews on these flavours.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:12 AM
shisha_lover
Hookah Nut

I've recently tried the El Rosha. The only people who seem to have it are shishabuzz.com. I bought a Value pack and they sent me 2 packs free with a shisha I recently bought off them. It is good stuff, tastes great and is as moist as the tobacco flavours. I would advise for anyone to try it. Its far better than Soex (urgh!!). Here's what I ordered recently from shishabuzz and it was great:

http://www.shishabuzz.com/special-of...alue-pack.html

Another good deal they have is on the Hydro Herbal, which is:

http://www.shishabuzz.com/special-of...alue-pack.html, just been on their site and they're giving away a free Fifi Abdo hose with every order of Hydro herbal value pack. my order has just gone in.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

One bit of advice on the hydro:

We've noticed it tends to cook at a cooler temp than standard shisha. Putting it in my wide porcelain bowl burned the hell out of it. A light pack in a standard ceramic bowl with a single coal is all you need to get monster clouds.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
shisha_lover
Hookah Nut

I've never actually noticed any issues with Hydro or El Rosha. I have stopped using Soex (Urgh) It seems real nasty after having El Rosh and Hydro.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:49 AM
cademars
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherRayshin View Post
I was just wondering if herbal shisha's give the same flavor and smoke as normal tobacco shishas give.

I live up in Canada so I gotta pay 20 bucks for a 50g sample pack :/. So if the herbal stuff is more or less the same except for the buzz, it would be much much cheaper for me to smoke since they are about 1/4 the price.

Also, does mixing them with tobacco shishas work as well for a little buzz?
Look for a better deal. I found a place that sold 250 gram boxes for $25! I couldn't believe it as opposed to $85! Before I found this better deal I would buy the cheap herbal and mix it in with the tobacco shish.
Old August 4th, 2009, 09:27 PM
CypherRayshin
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for all the input guys. I picked up a few sample packs of Hydro today and gunna try one or two of them out tomorrow night. The smell from all 4 packs are INSANE. Can easily smell thru the bag and the box.

I got Lemon-Lime (smells like a very sour citrus blend), Grape *drool*, Spearmint (smells exactly like spearmint gum *yummy*) and Blackberry which actually smells kinda gross :/.
Old August 4th, 2009, 10:11 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

You guys are freaking me out with all this "herbal" love.

Hyrdro is just like the rest of them, bagasse, you are smoking sugar cane. You know when you order a mojito and they leave that stick in your drink, to the farmers, that stick was better than whats in herbal boxes.

I beg you, come back to the tobacco side. A risk of lung cancer might suck, but pulmonary fibrosis isnt quite pleasant either.

---

I said that because it is techincally all true, and the smoke doesn't have the same body or flavor, its just lacking. Kind of like smoking out of an acrylic hookah after using brass for so long.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old August 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherRayshin View Post
Thanks for all the input guys. I picked up a few sample packs of Hydro today and gunna try one or two of them out tomorrow night. The smell from all 4 packs are INSANE. Can easily smell thru the bag and the box.

I got Lemon-Lime (smells like a very sour citrus blend), Grape *drool*, Spearmint (smells exactly like spearmint gum *yummy*) and Blackberry which actually smells kinda gross :/.
LOL the smell is basically all you will really get. When you smoke it you will notice a "dusty" taste to the smoke, unpleasant in my opinion.
Smoking "herbal shisha" is an Abomination to hookah smokers everywhere!
Die thread! Die!
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:14 PM
CypherRayshin
Hookah Newbie

Haha, I'd love to smoke tobacco all the time, but where I live a 50g box of herbal is 5-6$ and the same size of tobacco is 17-20$ :/. So just for a 30-45 min smoke some nights before bed, I think I can live with herbals for that :P
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:06 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post

Hyrdro is just like the rest of them, bagasse, you are smoking sugar cane. You know when you order a mojito and they leave that stick in your drink, to the farmers, that stick was better than whats in herbal boxes.

I beg you, come back to the tobacco side. A risk of lung cancer might suck, but pulmonary fibrosis isnt quite pleasant either.

---

I said that because it is technically all true, and the smoke doesn't have the same body or flavor, its just lacking. Kind of like smoking out of an acrylic hookah after using brass for so long.
i second this. i tried to explain to my mother (who still tries to tell me that hookah is like smoking 20 packs of cigarettes per session, etc) that tobacco in a hookah pipe is actually safer (in a way) and not nearly as harmful as the herbal.
her response is something stupid like "there's no possible way, all tobacco has additives and carcinogens and tar in it".
and i go to explain that it's not true...and she would say that she doesn't want me to smoke tobacco, and i'll say "do you really want me to have pulminary fibrosis"? that usually shuts her up.

(btw guys, yes i am 18, yes i still live with my parents, i just haven't had the opportunity to move out yet. in early january, i'm outta here. just wanted to clear this up)
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM
cademars
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post

---

I said that because it is techincally all true, and the smoke doesn't have the same body or flavor, its just lacking. Kind of like smoking out of an acrylic hookah after using brass for so long.
Lol...no doubt! Herbal doesn't compare to the true cancer yumminess of real shisha tobacco! I found the herbal to be quite bland when smoked alone. But if ones mixes a bit in with the true tobac it makes it last longer for us cash strapped hookah hagglers.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:14 PM
99GenX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX

Got my Saalaam Tiramisu in today. Huge smoke that lingers around for a while, and a decent taste to boot. Fun enjoyable smoke that you can play around with without worrying about getting that freight-training buzz.
Old August 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
kidkarl
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to kidkarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GenX View Post
Got my Saalaam Tiramisu in today. Huge smoke that lingers around for a while, and a decent taste to boot. Fun enjoyable smoke that you can play around with without worrying about getting that freight-training buzz.
This is my favorite herbal flavor/brand. Waiting on a few Hydro flavors. Can't wait to try them...
Old August 7th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Been sampling the HYDRO a little more. Most of the flavors have more of an aroma than a true flavor. Certainly not the thick chewy flavor most true tobaccos give you.

The blackberry and blueberry are great flavors. They smell and taste wonderful.

The peach is good but it's quite sensetive to overheating. One coal, usually broken in half, in a small clay bowl is all you need.

There's a mixed fruit flavor called hurricane that is like a pale shadow of my beloved Fumari Fakfakhina. More of an aroma than a true 'flavor'. Doesn't have much taste at all.

Can't get the cherry to taste good at all. Smells like cherry nyquil, tastes like a burning outhouse. Tried everything, I think it's a lost cause.

A few things to consider: Herbal moassel (If you could call it that) doesn't work like the regular stuff. The flavors seem to come out better if the stuff is tightly packed into the bowl. Leave plenty of airspace between your coals and the molasses (Whatever you want to call it) and don't over do it in the coal. Usually a single coal broken in two will suffice.

Whats the deal with pulmonary fibrosis? Anyone have any data on this?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook