Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Long Sessions

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 30th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Beefycow
Hookah Newbie

Default Long Sessions

Hi Everyone,

So I've been browsing the forums quite a bit, and I've noticed that people talk about how they have sessions for 2 hours. My question is, how? Do you guys just plop on coals and smoke for 2 hours? Do coals even last that long, or do you put on new coals? Also, when putting on new coals, do you guys mix up the tobacco in the bowl?

I've kinda been wondering what people do to keep their sessions going, cuz for me, I just smoke until the coals are done (around 1 hour). Then I clean out the bowl and put in something new. I use a phunnel and I noticed that there's still quite a bit of good tobacco left at the bottom. I feel like I've been wasting a lot of it. How do I smoke every last bit of it? Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited by Beefycow; July 30th, 2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Long Sessions

Especially if you use a phunnel, just pop on som new coals
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefycow View Post
Hi Everyone,

So I've been browsing the forums quite a bit, and I've noticed that people talk about how they have sessions for 2 hours. My question is, how? Do you guys just plop on coals and smoke for 2 hours? Do coals even last that long, or do you put on new coals? Also, when putting on new coals, do you guys mix up the tobacco in the bowl?

I've kinda been wondering what people do to keep their sessions going, cuz for me, I just smoke until the coals are done (around 1 hour). Then I clean out the bowl and put in something new. I use a phunnel and I noticed that there's still quite a bit of good tobacco left at the bottom. I feel like I've been wasting a lot of it. How do I smoke every last bit of it? Thanks for your help guys!
3-4 hour sessions, you should try it some time =)
Just have to have a flavor you love.
For me I can go hours on Horchata
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:37 AM
yehaw4257
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to yehaw4257 Send a message via Yahoo to yehaw4257

more coals more coals once you got the heat right keep it up
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:46 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

I usually do 90 minutes on three coconaras in a vortex or funnel.

Windcover is key.
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

the key is to keep the coals moving so everything burns evenly. You can't do big sessions with every brand, either. A lot of SB flavors fade after the 90 minute mark...JM is a good one for long sessions, I've pulled 2.5 hours out of Tangerine. I'm sure people have other favorites for long smoke.

Also remember if you have a few people smoking, your session will be shorter.

Good luck, and give us your best record when you get some good long sessions!
Old July 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefycow View Post
Just start up another round of coals and keep heating the bowl for a longer session. If the session is interrupted, ie you couldn't/didn't want to smoke that long in one sitting, you can try adding coals later to get it going again but that doesn't always work well. It would be better to take off the foil, remove the top layer that has blackened, and add fresh moassel to the top. Replace the foil and then smoke it like you normally would.
Old July 30th, 2009, 04:47 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

It also very much depends on how many drags you take, i take a drag about once a minute so in a session that about 120-150 drags, if you take 5 drags a minute your sessoin will be considerable shorter
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM
mwrecording
Hookah Nut

On a good/great individual session I can get 40-55 minutes out of one coal using Al-Waha, the flavor is pretty much burnt/done after that. The Layalina flavors I smoke(that actually have flavor to begin with) would probably last another half a coal and Nahkla could usually take another half or whole coal too.
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:05 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

for me im lucky to break 45 minutes without the shisha being done, i go though coals liek a mofo too, normally have 4 people hitting hte hookah at a constent rate....gah i need to charge em.....
Old August 3rd, 2009, 03:47 AM
buddha548
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by opticalshadow View Post
for me im lucky to break 45 minutes without the shisha being done, i go though coals liek a mofo too, normally have 4 people hitting hte hookah at a constent rate....gah i need to charge em.....

that made me lol
Old August 3rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
99GenX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX

The other night some friends and I smoked 3 hours and burned through 8 coals on some Romman mellonberry out of a med/large phunnel bowl (held about 40 grams). All of us were hitting fairly often, and misc. people from the party were stepping in to try as well. Once we got tired of the flavor we packed another and noticed that there was still a good 1/3 of a bowl left of unburned shisha, and NONE of it had been scorched yet.

I was very surprised to say the least. It was my first time smoking with Romman or a phunnel and I have no doubts it could have been drawn out to a 5 hour session.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook