Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Look at what I stumbled upon: Tunisian Moassel in the heart of Cairo

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 1st, 2009, 04:47 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Look at what I stumbled upon: Tunisian Moassel in the heart of Cairo

Stumbled upon some today, remembered that Hajo praised that ....

Sidi Mansour and El Meallem .....

Fricking expensive though .... 12 pounds ($2.15) for a 75g pack of Sidi Mansour, same price but for 100g of El Meallem. Got one of each flavor (DA, Strawberry and Mixed Fruit) from both lines, which are both made by Eastern Tobacco company of Tunisia.

Pics are below, reviews will follow

Old August 1st, 2009, 04:48 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Look at what I stumbled upon: Tunisian Moassel in the heart of Cairo

They also had plain moassel named El Kaif which Hajo spoke about .... didn't get it..... left my phone number to the store owner to call me up when more stuff arrives as he promised they will in the coming weeks.
Old August 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: Look at what I stumbled upon: Tunisian Moassel in the heart of Cairo

have you tried it yet?
Old August 1st, 2009, 04:52 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I've tried to contact the distr. on more than afew occasions to no avail. Hajo seems to like this stuff so it can't be too bad. Nice find. Be sure to llet us know what you think.

Last edited by abu ronin; August 1st, 2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:04 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
have you tried it yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
I've tried to contact the distr. on more than afew occasions to no avail. Hajo seems to like this stuff so it can't be too bad. Nice find. Be sure to llet us know what you think.
although it's 1 AM now and I have to work tomorrow yet I will try it !
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:25 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Smoking "Bahraini Strawberry" now ..... Sidi Mansour ..... No taste at all .... tastes like a big cigarette ...... Big thumbs down !!!
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:35 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

lol, i did the same thing about a week ago with eva....sigh, still waiting for a new tobacco that is original and good quality, still waiting
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:39 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Smoking "Bahraini Strawberry" now ..... Sidi Mansour ..... No taste at all .... tastes like a big cigarette ...... Big thumbs down !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZ944XAyD8 mmm...big cigarette

Old August 1st, 2009, 05:43 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
lol, i did the same thing about a week ago with eva....sigh, still waiting for a new tobacco that is original and good quality, still waiting
Me too ...... Nothing till now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
ROFL this is gonna kill him if he smokes all of it
Old August 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Sidi Mansour and El Meallem are both pretty good (never smoke Strawberry since anything that flavour is a an epic fail) but I absollutely love Moassel El Kif which i've smoked daily for the last 10 days or so. Still, when all is said and done Arous El Nile and Tombac Moassel Super are great but different. I don't smoke much of the fruit stuff from S.C.d.T.

Anyway, El Kif and Arous El Nile are favorites right now so I hope my friend Ahamd can pick some up.
Old August 1st, 2009, 09:49 PM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Tunisiano

i've tried a lot of the sidi mansour range in tunisia, tastes nice imo
Old August 1st, 2009, 10:58 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Are you Tunisian? I ask because it's one my favorite places to visit although I only get to go a couple of times a year. I know a cafe that sells a coffee that is amazing in that it's like Spanish style style with cardamon which goes great with the Turkish style pastries they sell. The beauty of the country is really something if you know where to look and the people are extremely nice to me despite my looks so I can't think of a single bad experience there

Have you tried Shh 'el-beled? It's a marvelous black style moassel that has sort of an earthy/coffee/cavendish like quality. A real treat.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:35 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Ive seen Sidi Mansoor available here in the UK but i thought it was just some crappy bard so didnt bother. Cant get hold of it now
Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

tried Sidi Mansour DA ....... all I can say is

KHARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

lol la la moush khara (shit) ... im half tunisian half english, born and raised in london but i usually go tunisia every summer... love it there, hopefully might be going this month if i can get a cheap last minute ticket

only a couple of times a year hajo? that sounds like more than enough lol, where you from?
i've tried the el-beled one but its not really to my likin... tunisias not really known for its shisha quality still, we have some catchin up to do in that department
Old August 2nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunisiano View Post
tunisias not really known for its shisha quality still, we have some catchin up to do in that department

Totally agree !!!!! No offence ...... I want my 72 pounds back LOL
Old August 2nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
plymouthshisha
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to plymouthshisha

lol. I'll not get my mum to buy any of these when she goes. Just tell her to stick to nakhla then
Old August 2nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Sidi Mansour and El Meallem are decent brands from what i've tried but then the fruity stuff is not usually my first choice. In any case it seems that although Ahmad is not happy with his purchases that is hardly the basis to judge either brands since all brands make some stuff that isn't good and all brands have bad batches. Right now I am since I am smoking Arous El Nile as we speak and it fantastic! and the Tombac Moassel SuperHoney is the richest, most natural tasting honey flavoured product around and both those brands fall a little short of El Kif. I would strongly suggest that people give stuff a try before forming an opinion about something.

Tunisiano - I am Lithuanian but lived in a lot of places. I go to Tusisia on business once or wtice a year and I try to vacation there as well. As to Shh 'el-beled well it's great if you are a fan of traditional style black moassels. Sidi Mansour and El Meallem are both brands that I have found, like you, to be pretty good although they are not my favorite I prefer them to AF, AW, Fusion & all the Gulf brands.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

yeah plymouth most people there smoke nakhla, it's widely available and it's cheap

yea i prefer my shisha fruity and flavourful, dont really get much choice in my area when it comes to shisha.. all the shops these days are cutting down on nakhla and only stock soex.. some of them sell fake al fakher and the genuine AF is too expensive
well if you're ever in sidi bou said check out the cafe des delices or cafe sidi chaabane (if you haven't done so already).. decent shisha, nice atmosphere, great views, beautiful girls, can't ask for more lol
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook