Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Knocking over the hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 4th, 2009, 05:09 AM
cademars
Banned

Talking Re: Knocking over the hookah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGirlfriend View Post
Hey!...clean up your room!....just kiddin
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:26 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Knocking over the hookah

The issue of stability relies on 2 main things assuming you use a decent standard hookah:

1) Stability of the vase.
2) Type of floor.

As for 1) sometimes your vase isnt actually flat on the bottom and leans, one solution is to get a vase protector that might actually compensate you, the other solution is to get a new hookah.
As for 2) If you have tile or wood flooring then you have no need to put your hookah on a table, the ground is fine, and less of a hazard to you and your couch/chair.
2)b)If you have carpeting, there are a few options including the table method to create a flat surface that your hookah sits on. Mine was simple, a 10" or so candle dish from Walmart, it is flat and has small walls, the weight of the hookah keeps it pressed on the carpet and the hookah's weight is evenly applied to the entire dish. Other methods above work too though. I used an endtable for some time in my all carpet apartment, but as you can see from newer vids taken in my house (ones with the blue wall) I use the floor because of the tile.

When pets and idiots are involved, its about how you train your pets and how you handle idiots. My destructive puppy is an odd ball, he burnt part of his paw attacking the gas stove but runs into his kennel when he sees hookah smoke. Sometimes the pain of his direct action doesnt do it for him, and a nice whack on the nose is enough to help him learn. Id train your pets to keep a distance from your "hookah spot" so as to avoid breakage.

Finally, have lots of backups, I have 4 spare glass vases, and like 10 or so clay bowls, just in case.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old August 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

I have two dogs. One of them also runs away from the sight of smoke. The other one likes to curl up next to my hookah, i think he likes the vibrations from it. They are both small 15lb dogs but they have knocked it over before. What i do now is I just make sure that the hookah is between two things. I have a spare computer laying around and i use that on one side, and my side table on the other.
Old August 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM
PiNKL0VE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to PiNKL0VE Send a message via Yahoo to PiNKL0VE

my little hookah sits beside me on the floor and to prevent carpet burns i just grabbed a cardboard box from work and cut it open to lay flat. after it gets a few burns in it i just grab another one. go to walmart during stock nights if you wanna try that one
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM
brutalmetals
Hookah Newbie

yeah, i didnt worry about this spilling hookah thing til my drunk friend spilled the hookah this one time. i stepped on the coal twice trying to find it in the shag. that was in june, and my foots still not healed yet. moral- dont take off your shoes. EVER
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:31 PM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

Poor brutalmetals... My thoughts go out to your foot. And yeah i do need to clean...
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM
plymouthshisha
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to plymouthshisha

Lol. Here most of our house is carpeted. I have one room which is tiled floor so i just smoke in that. Has the benefit of being nice and warm in the day and cool in the evening and a nice view of the garden
Old August 4th, 2009, 08:59 PM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

Sounds pretty nice
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:34 PM
99GenX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX

I have found that putting a slightly moist hand towel under the base keeps my QT (already stable due to base size) from sliding around on a hard/slick surface (wood floor/table).
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook