Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

22" Thamesh/Temsah Hookahs

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 5th, 2009, 01:43 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB
Default 22" Thamesh/Temsah Hookahs

I recently discovered Hookah-life.com's selection of Thamesh/temsah hookahs, and the little 22 inchers seemed like a steal of a deal to me. Here are the ones i am referring to, for the record:

http://www.hookah-life.com/catalogse...yptian&x=0&y=0

I mentioned these on the forums before and some other member seemed to question their quality based on their price. I was confident, given the ever growing positive reputation of the brand, that the hookah would be of good quality. When i found my friend was in the market for a hookah, i promptly told him about these. He was in for it, so i ordered it for him (the poor bastard doesnt know how to use the internet. haha) and he told me i could review it when it arrived!!!

So i did, and here is the result!
Part One
Part Two

All in all, i was very impressed with the quality, especially given the price tag. A great travel hookah, for sure.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:03 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Default Re: 22" Thamesh/Temsah Hookahs

A vortex bowl will fit that right? and when you put in the KM hose was it a snugg fit or was a barley in there? I have a similar one if not a little smaller and I can only use the cheap hose it came with because my nammor won't fit. I think I might get one it looks badass.
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:53 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyalAkkaya View Post
A vortex bowl will fit that right? and when you put in the KM hose was it a snugg fit or was a barley in there? I have a similar one if not a little smaller and I can only use the cheap hose it came with because my nammor won't fit. I think I might get one it looks badass.
A vortex will definitly fit. the top of the stem where the hose goes is pretty much the same size as my full size km, and the stock bowl that came with it has the same sized openging at the bottom as my KM bowl.

As for the km hose... eh... it went in pretty snugh, and stayed in for a while, then just fell out after a while. But the KM hose has a long handle on the end that goes in to the hose port, so it was too heavy and fell out. A nammor or a regular razan just has the acrylic end and a little sweatband thing, so it shouldnt weigh much more than the stock hose, if at all.

I own a razan, and will be pickign it up in the next few days from the guy that has it ATM. After i do, i will see how it fits. I will have to go over to my friends to do it, but i will probably be over there anyways.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat

Last edited by KillerB; August 5th, 2009 at 02:55 AM.
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

That's surprising since the KM small hookahs are supposed to be kind of crap and Temsah is made by the same company. Good to know there are some other hookahs under $50 that still smoke pretty well other than the QT and Bambino.
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:32 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-641 View Post
That's surprising since the KM small hookahs are supposed to be kind of crap and Temsah is made by the same company. Good to know there are some other hookahs under $50 that still smoke pretty well other than the QT and Bambino.
i dont think anybody has ever sadi smaller KMs suck, they just say they arent the same as the larger ones... And this is no different. Its not ont he same level as a full sized egyptian, but for a travel hookah, it is amazing.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:02 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Oh wow it's cheaper than a QT/Bambino/etc! Would you say its better than those Myas?
Old August 5th, 2009, 04:21 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
Oh wow it's cheaper than a QT/Bambino/etc! Would you say its better than those Myas?
i dont have any real experience with any of the mini myas, but it has a traditional chamber and purges really well, neither of which can be said about a MYA. I think i would prefer one of these, but that isnt an entirely informed decision, ya know?
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old August 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

So, i tried smokign out of the little dude with a regular Razan hose, and it worked great. I would not recommend using a Narbish or KM hose with it, the added weight at the end that connects to the hose port is just too much.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:30 AM
xan_e
Hookah Newbie

I bought one of these last week, it just came today. It had a lot of imperfections for sure. Welds were looking pretty bad, the purge valve was tarnished like yours, and the chintzy clay bowl was cracked (but still worked surprisingly). Mine was also missing a ball bearing for the purge valve, I threw in an airsoft BB and fired it up. With a bowl of Tangiers Kiwi and 1.5 ******* coals I was getting decent clouds with everything stock. Definitely worth it for the $30 price tag. Great review btw.
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:51 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

I was pretty pleased with the quality actually, and i love the bowl that came with it. I am thinking of picking one up for myself now
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook