Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Amature w/lots of questions

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Ghostc4
Hookah Newbie

Default Amature w/lots of questions

I figure instead of starting a bunch of threads with each question, I would just ask them all here. I don't maybe this can help others as well. So on to the questions.

I am looking for a good 2 hose hookah, I know everyone says "stick with 1 hose". That really isn't a viable option because when me and "TheGirlfriend" smoke we game, which means we are sitting across the room from each other. I figure throwing 1 hose back and forth doesn't seem like a good idea. I first though, "I must get a KM, they are the best thing ever!", but my opinion has kinda changed. Anyway before I drone on to much longer. My question is what would be a really good 2 hose hookah to get, I really like KMs and Nours. Does some one have a suggested specific hookah?

I just read about some one doing something called Acclimating, it is referring to tangiers. I was wondering what he meant and is it only done with tangiers? Why do you acclimate tangiers shisha

Last night I smoked out of my Tangiers phunnel bowl for the first time last night and I couldnt get good smoke from it. I was using a single layer of foil, 3 coconara's and I was smoking Nakhal double apple. The bowl was lightly packed with random evenly spaced holes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get better smoke?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ghostc4; August 6th, 2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: updating.
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM
hsilman
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Amature w/lots of questions

1st I understand wanting a 2 hose, that's pretty much the only reason to get one. With a KM or Nour you would have to hold your thumb over the hose you aren't using since it doesn't seal automatically. Since you said the whole point is cause you game, that doesn't seem efficient. I would recommend a MYA with the autoseal feature. It's basically a ball bearing in the hose port so it seals it off when you aren't using it.

you only acclimate tangiers, other shisha will just dry out if you leave it out.

I dunno you'd have to be more specific about packing, hole pattern, etc. I find my phunnel(caravan so generic not tangiers) to be really, really inconsistent with how well it works. Sometimes great with good flavor and nice clouds, sometimes crappy with just wisps. I just get lucky I guess lol
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Roadie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostc4 View Post
I figure instead of starting a bunch of threads with each question, I would just ask them all here. I don't maybe this can help others as well. So on to the questions.

I am looking for a good 2 hose hookah, I know everyone says "stick with 1 hose". That really isn't a viable option because when me and "TheGirlfriend" smoke we game, which means we are sitting across the room from each other. I figure throwing 1 hose back and forth doesn't seem like a good idea. I first though, "I must get a KM, they are the best thing ever!", but my opinion has kinda changed. Anyway before I drone on to much longer. My question is what would be a really good 2 hose hookah to get, I really like KMs and Nours. Does some one have a suggested specific hookah?

I just read about some one doing something called Acclimating, it is referring to tangiers. I was wondering what he meant and is it only done with tangiers? Why do you acclimate tangiers shisha

Last night I smoked out of my Tangiers phunnel bowl for the first time last night and I couldnt get good smoke from it. I was using a single layer of foil, 3 coconara's and I was smoking Nakhal double apple. The bowl was lightly packed with random evenly spaced holes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get better smoke?

Thanks in advance.
Practice practice practice. See what works for you. It took me a good couple of months to have a good technique down. Now, I can tell when it's cold, hot, etc. Just don't be impatient, I've found that the only way to get good consistent smoke is to let the bowl warm up slowly. Maybe around 8-10 puffs or so. Good luck.
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Or, you could spend 1 more dollar and invest in two of these.

http://www.socialsmoke.com/item--Rub...-FLIPCAPS.html

It will allow you to get a KM, and you wont have to deal with the pulls being harder from an autoseal. It is the best option imo.
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Ghostc4
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
Or, you could spend 1 more dollar and invest in two of these.

http://www.socialsmoke.com/item--Rub...-FLIPCAPS.html

It will allow you to get a KM, and you wont have to deal with the pulls being harder from an autoseal. It is the best option imo.
That's what is was thinking about doing.
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
McLovin600
Hookah Newbie

I have a 2 hose KM trimetal (og i think) and it smokes great. If i feel like smoking it alone I have a stopper and it just needs to get electric taped a little because its too small and seals perfectly.

I used to have problems smoking nak out of my phunnel too so I went back to egyptian and havent had a bad bowl since. its just easier (for me at least)
Old August 6th, 2009, 06:06 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostc4 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Try packing it tight and full with Nakhla DA. Use a lot of holes poked all the way down to the bottom. Nakhla smokes better out of a Tangiers phunnel when treated similar to Tangiers Noir tobacco.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook