Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Help a noob out

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 7th, 2009, 12:28 AM
ilikepie
Hookah Newbie

Default Help a noob out

Hey after a bunch of reading i decided to get me and the gf a hookah but i have a few questions. I pretty much decided to get a pink mya qt. After doing some shopping around for the best price i noticed at hookahcompany.com their picture of the qt has a pink base, bowl, and hose but the other sites dont. do other sites have the qt with all matching parts? it really looks a lot better with the matching parts.

Another question is about coals. How long do they last particularly the quick start kind? Can i light them with just a lighter and thats it or do i have to wait a while?

Since im getting the mya qt and it comes with a bunch of stuff is there anything else i should get with it? What parts need replacing eventually?

And one last set of questions about tobacco. How many sessions can i get out of a 50g box? does the tobacco go bad after a while? we probably only have enough time to smoke once or twice a week. And can you recommend some good mango or peach flavored sisha. and feel free to throw any other stuff i should know.

Thanks
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Help a noob out

1. I thought I saw an assembled pink QT on another site before, but I can't remember where.

2. Each QL (quicklight coals) usually last anywhere from half and hour to close to an hour depending what ones you buy. But remember that QL's add a little nasty taste to the smoke. Naturals are much better.

3. Stem, hose, grommets, base, and bowl should all be included (maybe even a carrying case/cage). You shouldn't need to replace anything for a long time as long as you take care of the hookah (i.e. wash it frequently, don't leave water in the vase for a long time, and make sure you don't tip it over. Though it is a very stable hookah)

4.The amount of shisha you use depends on the bowl you use (I'm assuming you will use the Mya bowl that comes with the QT, which isn't a real big bowl (good thing), so you can probably get about 3 sessions out of 50g. Once opened, keep the shisha in an air tight container (tupperware is fine) or in a plastic bag. With a plastic bag, you have to be sure to get as much air out of it as you can before closing it. Usually shisha that has been opened will last about 6months to 1 year. After that, it starts to loose flavor.
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:05 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

First off I would like to ask you to take a look at http://**********.com . He is one of the most beloved vendors on the forums by most of the members. He will have everything you need and has standard flat rate shipping of $10.95 so no matter how many things you buy the shipping will stay the same.

Now as for the questions.

1- Yes all the sites will send you the same items that you mentiond, some of them just dont have them pictured but they most likely do come with them.

2- Normal quicklights dont last that long and give a horrid taste, so I would recommend ******* hookah quick lights. They are the only quick light coals I use, they last about 30mins to 45mins and they have no taste at all. Here is a link from **********.com... http://**********.com/product.sc?pro...5&categoryId=6

3- The only parts you would need are ones that you break, but there are some things that would make your smoke a whole lot better like a vortex bowl or tangiers phunnel bowl(**********.com) and a wide washable hose there are a variety like nammor hoses, grand hoses, razan hoses(**********.com) but those arent needed, you can still smoke without them but they will give you better results.

4 - As for 50g boxes you can maybe get 3 maybee 4, but if you are new to hookah I would suggest you buy 50g boxes of assorted flavors/ brands until you find one or a couple that you really like and then move on to bigger quanities of that flavor. I honestly havnt smoked peach or mango so I wouldnt be able to help you there but im sure someone will.

Also you might need a hose adaptor since **********.com doesnt have 2 hose mya qts here is a link. http://**********.com/product.sc?pro...&categoryId=20

Hope I helped you out, Cheers and welcome to the site!
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:41 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

^^ Umm John gets his supplies from Hookahcompany last time I checked so same products
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:52 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Hmm I never orderd from hc so I didn't know that, but does hc have flat rate shipping? Thats one of the reasons I mentiond hj because it looks like he is going to make a big order so flat rate shipping would help him out.
Old August 7th, 2009, 02:57 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyalAkkaya View Post
Hmm I never orderd from hc so I didn't know that, but does hc have flat rate shipping? Thats one of the reasons I mentiond hj because it looks like he is going to make a big order so flat rate shipping would help him out.
sorry I just re-read my post and it seems like I was saying that in a rude way my apologies.

I think I saw on another post that he was down the street from hookahcompany so shipping wouldn't be a problem since he would be close to John and George(HC). Both John and George are the nicest people I've met and will do their best to gain customer statisfaction so either or doesn't matter

EDIT: nevermind it was a different person that lived near them so ya big orders John for sure due to flat rate
Old August 7th, 2009, 04:44 AM
xsmokethisx
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to xsmokethisx Send a message via Skype™ to xsmokethisx

About the QL's... They usually last about 45 minutes for good quality ones.. What was said about quicklights isnt necessarily true (the nasty taste). If you make sure that they are completely light and lightly ashed over before you throw them on to your bowl then you shouldnt have any problems.. I totally agree though that naturals take the cake... The quicklights I would suggest are either three kings or the ******* hookah quicklights... (if those are both still around and named the same)

About the tobacco...It will keep flavor for a long time as long as it is properly stored and sealed in an air tight container.. when you move from the baggy to the container, make sure to get as much of the juices as possible.

About replacement parts... You shouldn't need to replace anything for a while. Myas are solidly built, great quality, and they are beautiful. the only things you may need to replace over time would be a bowl grommet and possibly a hose grommet, everything else should be just fine.

About the sessions... It all depends on the size of the bowl. For a Mya Qt you should be able to get about four or five sessions. If its still the same size bowl as a few years ago...

As for flavors... A personal favorite of mine is the brand Starbuzz... its more of a candy flavor though.. and last time i checked they didnt have anything smaller than 100g i believe it was.

Hopefully that helps a bit.
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:31 PM
ilikepie
Hookah Newbie

thanks for the help guys. looks like ill be placing a big order at **********. how exactly do i clean it? do i just rinse it out or do i have to scrub it with a toothbrush or something?
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:43 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

If you want to try some flavors JM's peach and tangerine are quite tasty (thehookah.com or **********.com) JM's is starbuzz quality or better at a lower price.
Old August 7th, 2009, 11:13 PM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

They sell stem brushes to clean out the hookah, your hookah should come with one. I would definently clean it as soon as you get it. You can just run some water down it and scrub it with the stem brush but if you want to really give it a good clean use a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda, its a really good cleaning solution, and just scrub it and rinse.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook