Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Coffee

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 16th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Coffee

I love the taste of Turkish coffee and I wonder if anyone can recommend something that has a natural coffee flavour. I haven't tried anything but I'm open to suggestions.
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:26 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Coffee

Well, I heard that smiley had some awesome coffee for sale on his old site, but since he's vanished and closed up shop, i can't even remember the name of it ;(

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old November 18th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

OK Hajo, you seem like a coffee connoisseur, or at least daring enough to try this one!??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old November 18th, 2007, 03:32 PM
kingofkingsxxl
Hookah Newbie

Try mixing mint shisha with cappuccino/Arabic coffee flavored tobacco and put iced coffee with a little bit of milk in the bowl. This will enhance the cappuccino (Arabic coffee) flavor.
Old November 20th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
OK Hajo, you seem like a coffee connoisseur, or at least daring enough to try this one!??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak
My first thought was damn that's nasty. Then I figured, well if you wash and roast them then it must be safe to eat or drink. Still, I can't imagine paying 120 for a pound of coffee and I've got to wonder if it really is much better then the 8 a pound Turkish stuff I like. Anyone know?
Old November 20th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkingsxxl
Try mixing mint shisha with cappuccino/Arabic coffee flavored tobacco and put iced coffee with a little bit of milk in the bowl. This will enhance the cappuccino (Arabic coffee) flavor.
Neat idea, i'll give it a try. In terms of any coffee shisha on the market anyone tried anything that you'd smoke on it's own and like enough to get 250g?
Old November 20th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Well, I don't know, even if I wanted to buy it, I couldn't afford / justify that coffee!? I use to be big into coffee, but have decided to cut it out of my daily intake, saving it for rare occasions when I need a boost! I still enjoy coffee, just not as often. So if you ever get some, send me a little sample

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
I use to be big into coffee, but have decided to cut it out of my daily intake, saving it for rare occasions when I need a boost! I still enjoy coffee, just not as often.
i know what sambooka means. i work at a coffee shop and after a while its time to cut down.
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yeah, I enjoy it! But to drink so much crappy coffee, it just takes its toll on your system! So I am limiting myself to having the occasional "fine" cup of coffee on occasion, or when I need a pick me up!

Old November 20th, 2007, 08:41 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah, I enjoy it! But to drink so much crappy coffee, it just takes its toll on your system! So I am limiting myself to having the occasional "fine" cup of coffee on occasion, or when I need a pick me up!
man, the place i work at, our beans are supplied by the person who won the world barista championship - heather perry. her company is coffee klatch. we usually get a dark french roast - so good!
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

That sounds good!

I love great coffee, I use to live in Seattle, WA for a few years. As you can imagine, I got to try some amazing coffees there!

Old November 20th, 2007, 09:02 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
That sounds good!

I love great coffee, I use to live in Seattle, WA for a few years. As you can imagine, I got to try some amazing coffees there!

im planning on heading to portland, i might have to head to seattle as well.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:06 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkingsxxl
Neat idea, i'll give it a try. In terms of any coffee shisha on the market anyone tried anything that you'd smoke on it's own and like enough to get 250g?
AW Cappucino isn't half bad. With a vanilla mixer it's spectacular. Look for the Arabic Coffee flavor shisha.... I can't remeber who makes it though, but it's very true to it's coffee taste.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:07 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

i have arabic coffee shisha here in a tub but i cant remember who made it either, it was so sticky and wet that the box was going to fall to pieces. its a decent smoke if you can find it, tastes like tootsie rolls and gives you this buzz that sends you to the floor.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Starbuzz, that's who made the one i tried. It's not half bad, but i'm more of a coffee drinker than smoker.
I still reccomend Cappucino.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Ohh Snap! I am sorry for going semi-off topic here, I thought we were talking about real coffee! Sorry about that!

I have tried AF Cappuccino and it was pretty good, definitely a STRONG coffee taste.
Starbuzz Irish Cream had a nice mellow taste.
and Hookah Hookah Hazelnut, Mmmmm GOOD! I like hazelnut coffee, so that flavor appealed to me.

You could probably mix the AF Cappuccino with one of the other two I mentioned, I bet that would taste pretty good!

Old November 20th, 2007, 09:28 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Ohh Snap! I am sorry for going semi-off topic here, I thought we were talking about real coffee! Sorry about that!

I have tried AF Cappuccino and it was pretty good, definitely a STRONG coffee taste.
Starbuzz Irish Cream had a nice mellow taste.
and Hookah Hookah Hazelnut, Mmmmm GOOD! I like hazelnut coffee, so that flavor appealed to me.

You could probably mix the AF Cappuccino with one of the other two I mentioned, I bet that would taste pretty good!
hahaha, i still dont know if this is a purely coffee drinker thread or a purely coffee smoker thread hahaha. im just going with the flow haha...
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I went back and re-read and realized I was wrong, I thought it was real coffee discussion! LOL, whoops! It appears to totally be a thread about coffee flavored tobacco.

Old November 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

i just figured that out myself... now that we got that sorted out, im planning on packing a bowl of arabic coffee..
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Dr. Atkins
Hookah Newbie

I highly recommend AF Cappuccino for those who like strong coffee and slightly less sweet tobacco. The burnt aftertaste it has is also faintly reminiscent of Turkish coffee, in particular. Maybe mix it with some Nakhla Cardamom?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook