Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Help, Fast!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 12th, 2009, 04:14 PM
wagner2k9
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Help, Fast!

AF double apple same one
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:18 PM
wagner2k9
Hookah Newbie

want this stupid shit to work so i can do some reviews and have a good smoke.

Just isnt fun tasting nothing.

If its not going to work im going to sell all my stuff.
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

dude try a different flavor. happened to me once.
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Bogalu
Banned

I cant believe none of you figured this out yet. I immediately knew the problem when you said you could taste it more every 4th puff. The problem is your airflow. NOTHING TO DO WITH HOSE UNLESS IT FAILS A PRESSURE TEST! To do a pressure test just plug the bottom and suck. If you can feel a lot of air or any at all, especially if its a new hose, then its having pressure problems and will prevent your hose from drawing hard enough to heat the shisha. Also the reason you can taste it more every 4th puff is because the tobacco is temporarily getting hotter after the first 3 wimpy puffs and once you get a decent draw, especially with tangiers, your going to take a break. Which lets the tobacco cool down and forces you to heat it up again. My recomedation is first try the pressure test, if passes then dramatically reduce the ammount of holes you have on your bowl because your letting too much air in and its not properly heating your coals. I will be uploading a basic tutorial in a little bit to allow everyone to observe the proper size and ammount of holes. I have NO more than 20 medium to small sized holes on my bowl to give you an idea of how little amount of holes you need to poke.
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:42 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
I cant believe none of you figured this out yet. I immediately knew the problem when you said you could taste it more every 4th puff. The problem is your airflow. NOTHING TO DO WITH HOSE UNLESS IT FAILS A PRESSURE TEST! To do a pressure test just plug the bottom and suck. If you can feel a lot of air or any at all, especially if its a new hose, then its having pressure problems and will prevent your hose from drawing hard enough to heat the shisha. Also the reason you can taste it more every 4th puff is because the tobacco is temporarily getting hotter after the first 3 wimpy puffs and once you get a decent draw, especially with tangiers, your going to take a break. Which lets the tobacco cool down and forces you to heat it up again. My recomedation is first try the pressure test, if passes then dramatically reduce the ammount of holes you have on your bowl because your letting too much air in and its not properly heating your coals. I will be uploading a basic tutorial in a little bit to allow everyone to observe the proper size and ammount of holes. I have NO more than 20 medium to small sized holes on my bowl to give you an idea of how little amount of holes you need to poke.
Ok we are assuming his hookah works fine, and that it is his setup because he asked about this and the setup is usually the case, not a failure in parts. if we are gonna test for a leak, lets go ahead and test the whole rig, I wont insult wagner's intelligence on finding out if he has a leak.

As for holes, i sah bah to the no more than 20 medium to small...i say use what you need. and if you want to use tangiers, hell i dont do this but Eric himself does several XXL holes....

As for the tobacco you are using, man I hate AF, but you should theoretically taste something. even with a large leak, flavor should come in, clouds may not but flavor should.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Bogalu
Banned

The rig was good because he has good draw at the hose connector. And Eric uses a phunnel bowl, hes using a standard bowl so everything Eric does for his bowl doesn't apply to loading a standard bowl. I wasn't insulting his intelligence, I was merely making a joke was all. And the video will be uploaded shortly. Hope you all enjoy.
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Bogalu
Banned

I agree about the AF. It blows. lol but thats my opinion because I don't smoke anything but tangiers because of the nicotine. lol I love tangiers! lol
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Bogalu
Banned

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/peVWJ6oNjzA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/peVWJ6oNjzA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Bogalu
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peVWJ6oNjzA Thats video 1. Its a 2 part video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJwsij5rqxo Second part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfumXL94uW0 First video I made. Better description of foil set up.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Drez
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Drez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
when this thread first started i told him to check all grommets and make sure it is all sealed up right. hey gave me a thumbs up and said it is all good.

also i have played around with all kinds of hole sizes and placements and i can honestly say that its 99% preference. i have so many ways i pack my bowls and do my holes that i cannot even begin to list them or try to explain. its all trial and error. you will burn a few bowls but when you find your style it will be eazy
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Bogalu
Banned

I agree. Now that I have my hole preference it couldn't be much easier. I meant no disrespect to anyone when I posted that. Sorry about that guys. I was just trying to help is all.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Drez
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Drez

its all good man we are all trying to help. it can be stressful after you spend so much money on coals, pipes, shisha etc to not be able to sit down and enjoy a good session. alot of good points have been made and im pretty sure he will figure it out soon. he seems to be on the right track.

its like i used to tell people when i would teach them to drift "i can talk to you all day on driving styles and show you videos, but until you get behind the wheel and practice you wont learn a thing"
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:34 PM
wagner2k9
Hookah Newbie

Pressure is fine ill see how bogalus technique works.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Wagner .. make sure you have no leaks ...

Pull the bowl off, and suck on the hose while holding your finger over the top of your hookah. Should be no leakage ..

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Bogalu
Banned

I had a 69 mustang and use to drift in underground parking lots, its a lot easier to power through the corners if you got the torque. lol Ya wagners been msging me privately so I think hes gonna try it tonight hopefully, otherwise he said he'll try it tomorrow. I'm sure soon his hookah will be ripping like no tommorrow with all the help we all gave him. lol
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
wagner2k9
Hookah Newbie

haha ye hopefully thanks every one
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:45 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.

Last edited by paulk; August 12th, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:52 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

It's a little metal ball that is in the hookah shaft were you put your hose, when you have more than one hose hookah.When hoses are not in use, the ball bearing blocks airflow, so that one person can use the hookah at a time, or all three.
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:10 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagner2k9 View Post
What is a ball bearing
It's a little metal ball that is in the hookah shaft were you put your hose, when you have more than one hose hookah.When hoses are not in use, the ball bearing blocks airflow, so that one person can use the hookah at a time, or all three.
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:17 PM
wagner2k9
Hookah Newbie

going to try new technique now
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:41 AM
nanoboy
Hookah Newbie

guessing "new technique" worked since you are nowhere to be found, lets hear what you did
Old August 17th, 2009, 05:25 AM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktorsb View Post
Do you know guys what the brand of these beautiful hookah? It looks a small logo on the coal tray.
it looks like an amir Hookah because of the vase and tray
not to sure tho
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:27 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

The harshnes you are getting is not from setting the bowl up wrong its from AF, it does that if its not set up perfectly, after you packed your bowl tap it down a bit (the first video you showed do that but tap it down after you packed it) i cant really explain how to do it in a mod bowl, as i always use a phunnel but if you check out my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5OenG74ftI it might help

And you were getting no taste first time because the holes were way to big.

Also did you clean your razan hose when you bought it?

Also 3 coals on the outter edge would be how many you need, and as they burn move them in
Old September 10th, 2009, 03:22 PM
wagner2k9
Hookah Newbie

right guys you guys will probably kill me :P I tried Bogalus technique a while ago like 1 day after my last post i got slight taste with tangiers cinammon but not too much i dont know if im expecting to much here!

Sorry that i havnt replied went on holiday and then had quite a few problems with my Gf and was so busy that didnt smoke ones im setting one up now

Lets hope for the best

THanks for all the help
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:20 PM
mvcartman
Hookah Newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACfPMVGV2V0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHyeNUoBZTM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-WqKeBlMWA&feature=related
Yeah defiantly 2 coals on egyptian bowls and small phunnel bowls medium-large phunnel usually 3 does the trick and have them on the edge holes is really preference just make sure it gives air flow. Also on AF and layalina shisha it has a shit load of juice which can make the shisha harsh quicker i had a owner at my local hookah bar tell me to drain the juice either by putting it in a towel u dont care about and just squeeze over a trash can or put 5 paper towels on a plate poor shisha on that and then put 5 more on top of that and just make it a ball and squeeze it add paper towels if needed dont have to squeeze all of it out i do this when i open it for the first time there was a difference I notice that it didnt burn at all tasted flavor the full 1.5hr of smoking I just do it to those two which is the main brands i smoke
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook