Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nicotine Withdrawals?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 11th, 2009, 06:19 AM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Default Nicotine Withdrawals?

Does anyone ever experience any nicotine withdrawals?

I don't smoke cigarettes or anything, and lately I have been smoking hookah a lot more than usual, and I have been out of shisha for the last 2 days, and I feel like I am having minor withdrawal symptoms (headache, general irritation).

Does anyone ever experience anyhting like this?
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Nicotine Withdrawals?

I smoked cigarettes for 5 years around a pack a day and recently quit and I still have withdrawal symptoms, headaches, hot flashes, irritability (I've always been cantankerous though), but I feel better for doing it. I've never felt withdrawal symptoms from hookah though, but I also smoke a bowl a day sometimes not even that. I believe the addiction from cigarettes comes from the additives put into them not the nicotine itself. It could just be a mental thing where you believe this is what should happen and therefore it does. No offense intended just an opinion on what might be happening.
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:34 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I crave it but dont have withdrawla symptoms
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

it's been 2 weeks for me, i was out of town, and I'm not having an withdrawls
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Drez
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Drez

i smoked ciggs for about 8 years and i quit 4 months ago. i had quit for a year before i started smoking ciggs again but i started smoking again cause i got recalled to go to Iraq. both times i quit i really didn't go threw withdraw to much. i really think its more of a mental thing than anything. im not saying that part of the addiction isn't physical but i am a firm believer over mind over matter. i smoke a bowl everyday when i get home but its a quick 30 minute bowl just to wind down before i go to sleep. i don't need to smoke but i look forward to it cause to me its my official "end of day" thing.
Old August 11th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Stuart123321
Hookah Nut

i was away for three weeks and i wanted it but i didnt have any need for it or headaches or anything of the sort, and i only craved it for about a week and half of the time.
Old August 11th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

The only withdrawal symptoms that I had was not having one around. I bought a KM while I was in California for two weeks.

Old August 11th, 2009, 10:54 AM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
I smoked cigarettes for 5 years around a pack a day and recently quit and I still have withdrawal symptoms, headaches, hot flashes, irritability (I've always been cantankerous though), but I feel better for doing it. I've never felt withdrawal symptoms from hookah though, but I also smoke a bowl a day sometimes not even that. I believe the addiction from cigarettes comes from the additives put into them not the nicotine itself. It could just be a mental thing where you believe this is what should happen and therefore it does. No offense intended just an opinion on what might be happening.
Have you heard there is a certain type of ammonia in cigarettes that causes the nicotine to get into your brain faster for even more absorption.I think that is just pure evil.Who would put ammonia in their body willingly? Dirty little secrets of cigarettes. Congratulations on staying away from cigarettes that is a very hard addiction to conquer. Hookah, I have no idea of the dangers of it, but somehow in my brain filtering smoke through water is safer.
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:36 AM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

Well I've come to the point where I feel I am 'addicted' but I still feel it is more of a 'mental' addiction. The sucking, the packing, the heat management (TWSS?).

Yet I haven't gone a day without it for about 2 months... I just enjoy it too much.
Now I work every day until 4-5 o'clock PST. By the end of my shift I crave it heavily. I've left work early before just to go home & get that relaxing smoke.

I posted a similar thread on this a month or two ago... 25% of people claim to be addicted to nicotine and about the other 50% claim that they can go days without it & aren't 'addicted'... Then the other 25% didn't smoke too much
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

I think its more mental withdraws when it comes to hookah. I had to go 2 weeks without smoking after my sugery and as much as I would have liked to smoke, I didn't feel a NEED or get any headaches from stopping for a couple of weeks.
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

It helps me relax and wind down but then I also smoke ciggies so no withdrawel symptoms
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

For me, it is not addiction but sometimes I miss the experience of smoking hookah. Last month, I was in Hawaii and I was staying at an ocean view room with a balcony. I felt sad that I did not have my hookah at that time.
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
solo_one87
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

for me smoking is a social thing if im outside with my buddies ill spark a black n mild up and i might smoke a pack or 2 on a good night out....... now if im not out with the boys i wont smoke unless im posted up waiting for the boys. or if im driving ill have a smoke to relax during traffic but i usually go 6 days inbetween smokes if not 6 then 3days then i smoke and wont smoke for 3 days

no withdraw if anything its an excess of smoke i get a head ache at times
Old August 11th, 2009, 05:11 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

if i dont smoke a couple of days i get irritated and in general even if i havent smoked for weeks i still will feel a bit that way but idk if it is nicotine withdrawal as much as not relaxing as much when i dont smoke.

i did seem to get more anxiety over the summer when i wasnt smoking much but idk if it was related or other stuff that was going on

-matt
Old August 11th, 2009, 05:17 PM
paulk
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to paulk

I can tell you when I quit smoking, after 30 years, Nicotine withdrawals are a real bitch. If I went 2 hours without a cigarette I would snap at anything. No headaches, but really irritable. So bad that the wife actually went out and bought me a pack, came home and threw them at me and told me to smoke. LOL So yeah I am smoking cigs again.

I never get withdrawals when I go days without Moassel.

At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Old August 12th, 2009, 01:46 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i'm physically addicted. i love everything about it.

but i don't need to smoke every day. i would rather not, because i love it so much; but i could go without it for a really long time (if i had to... )
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've been regularly smoking cigars, pipes & narghiles for nearly 40 years and periodically I quit smoking for about a week or two to see what happens to me and how I handle it. Basically nothing note worthy occurs although I have felt a desire to taste a tobacco like flavour it never was what i'd call a craving. I should of course say that since I don't inhale and i'm pretty conservative in my smoking method I don't get nearly the amount of nicotine that a lot of smokers get. If I became dependent upon tobacco in some psychological/physical sense i'd most likely give it up since I don't like being dependent upon anything.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook