Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Newbie - My order with HJ

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 11th, 2009, 11:30 AM
imran
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to imran
Default Newbie - My order with HJ

Hello Everyone,

Just placed my first ever order with HJ.

3 10010 Narbish by ********** ****BLACK****il Qawmi 19.99 59.97
1 037 Jumbo Tongs 5.99 5.99
1 10012 Narbish by ********** ****RED****Quwwat 19.99 19.99
al-Lubnaniya
1 10011 Narbish by ********** ****BLUE****al 19.99 19.99
mustakbil
1 103 Tangiers LARGE Phunnel Bowls 13.95 13.95
Phunnel Colors: Black
4 049 Tangiers Medium Phunnel bowls 12.95 51.80
Phunnel Colors: Turbulent Indigo
1 036 Jumbo Chracoal Holder 16.99 16.99
Color: Brown

Its going to be shipped to the UK so going to have to wait patiently!

I didn't order any tobacco maily because I thought I may encounter custom charges but I stock up on AF when visiting Dubai every so often.

I want to purchase a hookah and would like some help, there are a few options...

Any one of these http://www.hookahshop.co.uk/hookah-b...oon-c-276.html ?

Thanks guys!
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:43 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: Newbie - My order with HJ

Phunnels too big imo, you should have got a small unless you have 4 or 5 people smoking at once, even when i have 4 people i still use my small phunnel

I would get a 28" alam misr or the trophy out of those

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; August 11th, 2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM
sweetlake
Hookah Pro

I agree with patel, i would get a 28" alam misr or the trophy out of those...
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:53 AM
annual
Hookah Nut

Why so many hoses for 1? and medium will do you fine dont need a large.
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Lots of hoses and phunnel bowls! Woohboo!
Old August 11th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Drez
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Drez

are you gonna attach all the hoses together so you can smoke in another room? lol nice order though.
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:10 AM
imran
Hookah Nut

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply I was away on work.

In hindsight it would have been better to obtain advice before placing the order I suppose nevertheless...

I went for just one large phunnel for when I have a few folk over, medium for normal day-to-day usage.

I have a few AF flavours which we all enjoy at home, Mint, Apple, Orange, Grape, Watermelon, Apple+Mint etc - I wanted to have a seperate hose for each flavour and ideally a separate hookah for each flavour to avoid contamination of flavours etc

So the general consensus seems to be either the 28" Alam Misr (any UK shops?) or the KM Trophy. Any other recommendations, looking to buy 2-3 to add to another 2-3 at home.

With regards to cleaning the hookah I normally use warm water, is that acceptable?

Lastly, charcoal a local outfit is selling Abo Alabed for 2.50 I have been using it for over a year and sometimes it just doesn't contribute to a successful smoke where other elements are consistant i.e. packing, heat management. I know of a batch with holes in the middle and recently that's not present.

I used BBQ instant light briquettes and did let them burn for over 10+ minutes, didn't get a headache and they do last a while, any thoughts?

Any other coal recommendations, CocoBrico maybe? I'm in the UK

Thanks!
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:20 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

It makes sense to have different hoses for each flavor, however they're washable. I'd look into getting a small tang. phunnel instead for day to day use. A medium is still pretty big and when you see the large, it pretty huge.
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:48 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Yh i would have stocked up on small phunels for everyday use, when you get them you will know what we mean.

And as for a hose for each flavour, i dont see the point, because if you blow the extra smoke from the hose after every use and give it a clean once in a while with water, you shouldn't really get taste from other flavours.

But if you have a hose for citrus flavours, one for fruity flavours, one for apples, that wouldnt be a bad idea

And for hookahs for different flavours, again if you give it a good clean with baking soda and lemon juice you will not get taste from different flavours, what hapens when you buy more different flavours? just get as many hookahs as you need and i dont recommend getting different one's for different flavours, i got 9 hookahs ATM and still only smoke from 1 most of the time, no matter the flavours.

The problem with those Abo Alabed coal is they dont produce enough heat, when i used them once i had to cover the whole bowl with coal just to get enough heat to get it smoking decently, cocobrico's are way better, but i recommend coconara's if you are willing to import them from the US.

BBQ instant light briquettes are a no no, as they produce chemicals that aint good when smoking a hookah.

As for cleaning, what i do it putting baking soda down the stem and then lemon juice and then use the stem bruish and clean it, same with the vase
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:30 AM
imran
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
Yh i would have stocked up on small phunels for everyday use, when you get them you will know what we mean.

And as for a hose for each flavour, i dont see the point, because if you blow the extra smoke from the hose after every use and give it a clean once in a while with water, you shouldn't really get taste from other flavours.

But if you have a hose for citrus flavours, one for fruity flavours, one for apples, that wouldnt be a bad idea

And for hookahs for different flavours, again if you give it a good clean with baking soda and lemon juice you will not get taste from different flavours, what hapens when you buy more different flavours? just get as many hookahs as you need and i dont recommend getting different one's for different flavours, i got 9 hookahs ATM and still only smoke from 1 most of the time, no matter the flavours.

The problem with those Abo Alabed coal is they dont produce enough heat, when i used them once i had to cover the whole bowl with coal just to get enough heat to get it smoking decently, cocobrico's are way better, but i recommend coconara's if you are willing to import them from the US.

BBQ instant light briquettes are a no no, as they produce chemicals that aint good when smoking a hookah.

As for cleaning, what i do it putting baking soda down the stem and then lemon juice and then use the stem bruish and clean it, same with the vase
Many thanks for the very detailed reply I appreciate your help

I have asked HJ if my order has been shipped otherwise I will swap the medium phunnel's for the smaller option.

I did pause for thought with regard to the hoses at one point mainly because at the moment even after I wash the current ones there is a tinge of old flavour! I'm not sure if I'm suppose to wash these... hmmm

I'll keep one for mint, apple, grape and the rest for the citrus flavours can be shared, what do you think?

I won't waste my money buying any more hookah's, maybe just the one more lol. Thanks for the tip though, I currently have two and wash them out on a regular basis in addition to clean water on every third smoke as for some reason the second "chong" tastes much nicer.

I agree about the Abo Alabed coal, we smoke everyday and can get through a 1KG bag in a week or more as it just disintegrates and turns into a whole lot of ash.

I see you're in the UK, how long do cocobrico last? How often do you smoke & where I can get them from? The only issue I have is being stung my customs charges. What about Cococha?

Where do I get coconara's from?

Thanks for all your help, apologies for all the questions!
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:08 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Or you can get the coals from HJ as well his naturals are good as is his Quick lights
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:43 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Or you can get the coals from HJ as well his naturals are good as is his Quick lights
But they weigh a lot and posage would be a lot to ship them down

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran View Post
Many thanks for the very detailed reply I appreciate your help

I have asked HJ if my order has been shipped otherwise I will swap the medium phunnel's for the smaller option.

I did pause for thought with regard to the hoses at one point mainly because at the moment even after I wash the current ones there is a tinge of old flavour! I'm not sure if I'm suppose to wash these... hmmm

I'll keep one for mint, apple, grape and the rest for the citrus flavours can be shared, what do you think?

I won't waste my money buying any more hookah's, maybe just the one more lol. Thanks for the tip though, I currently have two and wash them out on a regular basis in addition to clean water on every third smoke as for some reason the second "chong" tastes much nicer.

I agree about the Abo Alabed coal, we smoke everyday and can get through a 1KG bag in a week or more as it just disintegrates and turns into a whole lot of ash.

I see you're in the UK, how long do cocobrico last? How often do you smoke & where I can get them from? The only issue I have is being stung my customs charges. What about Cococha?

Where do I get coconara's from?

Thanks for all your help, apologies for all the questions!
If the hoses were not advertised as washable they probably wont be suitable to wash and will rust inside, if you can post a picture im sure someone will let you know if you can wash them

Cocobricos last 1-1.5 hours for me on average, but are twice the size of coconara's which last just as long, also the cocobrico's give off a slight chemical taste as well, the cococha i have never used but have heard are 3 times the size of cocobrico so i definitly dont recomend them unless you can break them dowm, as the cocobricos are really bit as it is.

I smoke pretty much everyday as im on holiday at the moment so have a lot of free time

Sharing the citrus flavours is probably a good idea as the other flavour mite blend in well with what you are smoking, and if not you cn always wash them

Coconara's are soon gonna be available on shishabuzz.com its a uk site, until then shishashop.co.uk has some in stock but are expensive, and i got some for sale as well as i overstocked on them and have 2 dozen 84pcs boxes, check out the sale threads here, its somewhere there.

If you have any more question feel free to ask
Old August 13th, 2009, 12:52 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

The hoses you ordered are washable. The Narbish from HJ are all washable, I just got one myself.
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:31 PM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

I believe he's referring to the hose he has currently, not the ones he had ordered.

Also, you can never have to many hookahs.
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:08 PM
imran
Hookah Nut

Guys thank you all so much for sharing your vast experience, this place is great! I hope I am able to contribute something in return.

Some pics, can anyone identify the Hookah?

Apologies if the pics are too big and their quality!

I bought this one from Dubai Duty Free in 2006...

I have another one of these but the base broke, where can I get a new one which will fit to size?

I got this one a few weeks ago from Dubai...

The stem on this is very heavy!

The hoses..,

Thanks!
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

I dont think the hoses are washable, im sure the brown one aint, and i haven't seen one thats washable like the large one, the large one reminds me of Km hoses on hookahshop which are not washable.

And i think the second pipe you showed is chinese, the hose port and purge value are the same as my chinese hookah, so its more then likly chinese.

The first one has a nahkla sign on it, and the stem seamed egyptian to me, because of the hose port with is the same as my KM and the purge value as well but i can tell what brand, if you could take a picture from the top, we can comfirm if its a KM

Does it have some sort of lines where the ash tray sits?
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
ilikepie
Hookah Newbie

does anyone know what an order from hookah john shows up as on the credit card bill?
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:53 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepie View Post
does anyone know what an order from hookah john shows up as on the credit card bill?
Yh let me get my past credit card bills and check, give me a minute
Old August 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

It is
******* HOOKAH FOUNTAIN VALLCA
THat what it says on my credit card bill
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:35 PM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

I would get the trophy,world cup,and the trimetal.
Old August 14th, 2009, 03:38 AM
K-Squared
Hookah Newbie

Definitely a solid order. Although, medium and large phunnel bowls are enormous...
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:27 AM
imran
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
I dont think the hoses are washable, im sure the brown one aint, and i haven't seen one thats washable like the large one, the large one reminds me of Km hoses on hookahshop which are not washable.

And i think the second pipe you showed is chinese, the hose port and purge value are the same as my chinese hookah, so its more then likly chinese.

The first one has a nahkla sign on it, and the stem seamed egyptian to me, because of the hose port with is the same as my KM and the purge value as well but i can tell what brand, if you could take a picture from the top, we can comfirm if its a KM

Does it have some sort of lines where the ash tray sits?
I don't think they are washable but I did try to give the cream coloured a good clean, it didn't seem to do the trick.

The Chinese hookah is very well made I was impressed, cost me 35 from Dubai. With regards to the first one I need a replacement shisha base where can I get one from which fits to size?

I'll take some more pics when I get home from work

Thanks
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:28 AM
imran
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Squared View Post
Definitely a solid order. Although, medium and large phunnel bowls are enormous...
Hi, I asked John to swap one out with a small, my current Egyptian bowls are pretty big also!
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:44 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

If you can get the diameter for stem that fits into the vase, we might be able to direct you to where you can pick up a new base, but ********** has some as well
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
imran
Hookah Nut

Thanks Jay, I'll get the measurements when I get home from work.

I'm not sure if I should go for the The Trophy by Khalil Maoon - Blue - 32 inch for 52 or the Alam Misr Tri Metal by Khalil Mamoon - Blue - 32 inch (see http://www.hookahshop.co.uk/hookah-b...oon-c-276.html) is it worth paying an additional 18 for?

Is the ice chamber useful or just a gimmick?

thanks
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook