Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My new Hookah...fail

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 12th, 2009, 07:07 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988
Default My new Hookah...fail

So I just ordered one of those Thabet Yunis syrians off of John (**********) and I got it today, I was really excited to try it out but alas when I opened the box the purge valve was broken off the heart of the hookah so that you could pull it out along with the brass tube its attached. I sent him a pm to let him know that I'll be sending it back. It pissed me off because I've been waiting for about a week for this and I had a shitty day at work so it was basically the icing on the cake. I haven't decided whether I want him to send me another or I might just tell him to refund the money and I'll pick up another hookah I had my eye on or just go all out and pick up one of those premium KM's.
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:17 PM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: My new Hookah...fail

That sucks, shit happens....

Can't go wrong with a Km, can't wait to get my premium KM from John....
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
So I just ordered one of those Thabet Yunis syrians off of John (**********) and I got it today, I was really excited to try it out but alas when I opened the box the purge valve was broken off the heart of the hookah so that you could pull it out along with the brass tube its attached. I sent him a pm to let him know that I'll be sending it back. It pissed me off because I've been waiting for about a week for this and I had a shitty day at work so it was basically the icing on the cake. I haven't decided whether I want him to send me another or I might just tell him to refund the money and I'll pick up another hookah I had my eye on or just go all out and pick up one of those premium KM's.
he told me about this before i read this post. I'm sad to think that the stock wasnt all solid. I did mention the welds werent attractive, and i guess they were poorly made.

Since he has others of this brand selling, and I have one, can you explain more how you think it might have happened?

Mine did make it in a suitcase while other crap in the bag broke.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:44 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
he told me about this before i read this post. I'm sad to think that the stock wasnt all solid. I did mention the welds werent attractive, and i guess they were poorly made.

Since he has others of this brand selling, and I have one, can you explain more how you think it might have happened?

Mine did make it in a suitcase while other crap in the bag broke.
The rest of the shaft seems solid to me except for the heart, which still seems like cast brass to me. It seems to me that the valve wasn't completely welded all the way around, I oly see filler on the underside of the valve, and just tacked it and a rough Fed Ex ride across the country may have did it in. I'll post some pics to show what I mean.

Last edited by hookahman1988; August 12th, 2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:47 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Here are some pics so you can see what happened. I guess you could say I have a broken heart,lol.
Attached Thumbnails
broken 1.jpg   broken2.jpg  

Last edited by hookahman1988; August 12th, 2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Hey HM, I got your post and responded. That pisses me off too, especially how you have been waiting for it for a week and I can imagine anticipation and excitement and then, like your thread title...FAIL. SO sorry to hear but we'll just have to work it out. Call me anytime or email me, I can't remember your real name off hand but that is what I'll need along with a shipping address so I can send you a new stem, again, sorry,
John
Old August 12th, 2009, 10:17 PM
ebaygirl
Hookah Pro

Unfortunately we send out hookahs with the best of intentions and something goes wrong. I am convinced they give our packages to gorillas to throw them around for fun. I received an email from a customer that received a shattered hookah, who was convinced a herd of elephants walked on his package.Very dissapointing for the customer and the seller.John is a good person he will make it right.
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:41 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaygirl View Post
Unfortunately we send out hookahs with the best of intentions and something goes wrong. I am convinced they give our packages to gorillas to throw them around for fun. I received an email from a customer that received a shattered hookah, who was convinced a herd of elephants walked on his package.Very dissapointing for the customer and the seller.John is a good person he will make it right.
Already talked to him and its taken care of, new stem is getting sent out asap.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:17 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Yeah I was kinda disappointed with mine as well. One of the tiers wasn't welded together so it spins. Kinda hard to explain, but yeah the midsection rotates freely. Not worth complaining about, it was a cheap hookah and still looks fairly nice, well except for the wheat etching...kinda looks like its just scratched.
Old August 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
Yeah I was kinda disappointed with mine as well. One of the tiers wasn't welded together so it spins. Kinda hard to explain, but yeah the midsection rotates freely. Not worth complaining about, it was a cheap hookah and still looks fairly nice, well except for the wheat etching...kinda looks like its just scratched.
Yea the etching does look like scratches, its pretty nice over all, probably not going to be my go to hookah but still a nice one to add to the shelf, something different to smoke from.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook