Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Torrent Hookah from Hookah-Shisha.com

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 13th, 2009, 08:17 PM
NCBlacksmith
Hookah Newbie

Default Torrent Hookah from Hookah-Shisha.com

Hey everyone, i'm looking at buying this hookah from the hookah-shisha.com, the Torrent (2 Hose) hookah. i was wondering if anyone has ever smoked this one or has one i would appreciate any feed back.
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Torrent Hookah from Hookah-Shisha.com

Yeah, It was my first hookah.

Total piece of crap. Shipped with only one of the two autoseals working correctly.

Glass Base was wobbly and chipped.

The downstem insert in the chamber actually had a weld snap on it, and the whole rig was rendered useless. It was less than 4 months old and HS.com wanted me to pay to mail it back to them even after emailing them pictures of how the damn thing was just busted and ready for the trash can. *note : the way the weld snapped was not something that could have occured from regular use. The force of screwing the detachable downstem on broke the thread in half*

The actual stem itself has terrible problems with buildup in the chamber and its damn near impossible to clean. Narrow bore, tight draw, all around not worth picking up for the rediculous price.

Instead of spending $105 on that, try something more like this for $100

http://www.**********.com/product.sc...3&categoryId=8

Honestly you'll most likely find a good KM would be a better starting point than machined junk that will just break down on you in 3 months.
I take very good care of my equipment, scrubbed / rinsed / dryed after every smoke and stored in safe, dry places, and the torrent just fell apart like nobodies business, both my KMs are still going strong after much longer time periods.

Edit:

On a vendor related note, I'll just throw in that my one and only order (the torrent and a few other supplies) from Hookah-Shisha was kindof a nightmare. My package didn't ship out for about 5 days after i ordered it, so I called them. They never bothered to let me know something on their website, listed as in stock, was out of stock, and it took another 4 days after placing my reorder (with a base actually in stock) to ship out.

I wasn't happy with the customer service, havent been back to them since.

Last edited by HookahWaffle; August 13th, 2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

I agree, stick to well known companies, it'll be worth it in the end. Hookah john is the person to see...
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:36 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

don't do it. it's a piece of shit. modern chinese crap. get a quality hookah, such as a KM, or a syrian. i suggest **********.com, he is the man when it comes to quality and cust. service.
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:48 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
don't do it. it's a piece of shit. modern chinese crap. get a quality hookah, such as a KM, or a syrian. i suggest **********.com, he is the man when it comes to quality and cust. service.
Chinese Hookah= shit unless its a Mya but their overpriced and don't smoke as well. Go for a KM, you won't regret it and John is the guy to order from, on my last order the purge valve on the hookah I ordered was broken when it arrived, I let him know and sent him pics, he then called me today to let me know that my exact stem was out of stock and asked me if I wanted to wait for him to get or just pic a new one. I picked a different one and for my trouble he's sending me a 250g box of AF mint. I will say though in defense of hookah-shisha that I've never had any problems with them and my myas are from them and they do have a huge selection of shisha to chose from but they are a bit overpriced when it comes to hookahs, mostly because of their "free" accessories that come with every hookah.
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:54 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Sadly a lot of the no names on H-S are fairly shoddy designs. i wish I had asked here before making my first purchase. I would have made an entirely different decision.

Pick up one of their Syrians or head over to **********.com and see what you like there. Better prices and flat rate shipping.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

John John he's are man if he can't do it no one can! Yea I'd steer clear of chinese crap.
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

I dunno dudes... I used to have a 3 hose chinese pipe that smoked insane.... quality of the pipe was pooh, but it smoked like a champ.
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:19 AM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

Hookah shisha is a great company with great customer service, they match any price and if you want to save $30 don't get the gifts that come with the hookahs just buy what you need and remember if you spend $100.00 you get a free mini mya hookah which is a great little hookah. Go for a mya if you don't want to go crazy they have some with acrylic bases that are great I have one that's about 24" the odyssey and it smokes right along with my big name hookahs and looks great and wont break. the mya 2 hose auto seal is a great feature and you can end up spending maybe 60-100 and have two hookahs and put on nammor hoses and phunnel bowls, etc. down the line. Mya is a great company sold by more vendors than any other hookah. Best brand out of china, period and it is far from shit. I think HS has one of the best web sites and everything has reviews so whatever you choose you will have many peoples opinions. I'm just saying Mya because I know they are great inexpensive hookahs made very well and make a great two hose system. they have tons of other brands to chose from and they stand behind everything and give an HP discount too. Yes John is excellent too, one of my favorite vendors and you cant go wrong using him either. I would say Hookah Shisha is huge and has a very very good percentage of favorable happy customers too. I mentioned Mya because you started with the torrent and that gave me the impression you weren't going Egyptian or Syrian or KM so I said Mya. All vendors have an occasional problem here and there but they are far and few between with HS.com. Bottom line wherever you buy your hookah just get a good, highly rated brand. If you were going to get a torrent get a Mya instead.
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:27 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I've ordered from HSnumerous times and they service is as good as johns, they shipped out a $600 order within 12 hours and everything came perfect and was right, so i cant fault they customer service at all
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:46 AM
DabsTight703
Hookah Newbie

Hookah-Shisha is my go to place for shisha and coals. They give you reward points based on what you purchase (the amount of money spent) which can be used as a discount on your next purchase. I believe they are located in Texas and they usually ship to Virginia in about 5 days. They can take up to 2 days after placing it before they actually ship it out.

Last edited by Dunkel; August 14th, 2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old August 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM
MindGrind
Hookah Nut

I'm going to have to agree HS has great customer service, however they definitely do not respond as fast as John does but it's kind of expected from a larger company. Every time I've inquired about anything at HS I've gotten a response within a couple days. I would rather order from someone like John though, the personal touch wins it over for me.
Old August 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

Guys, he asked for opinions on the hookah, not the vendor.

I'd say spend the money on a nice quality KM, MZ, Temsah or Mya. All of those brands are great and will get you a good smoke. You can also save some money b/c most MZ's aren't more than $80-90 and both Mya and Temsah have some small hookahs that will cost under $50, that still produce excellent smoke.
Old August 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
Chinese Hookah= shit unless its a Mya but their overpriced and don't smoke as well.
true, i just got a QT and although i love the potability, it dsn't hit like a m.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook