Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Sugar?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
dontask
Hookah Newbie

Default Sugar?

Alright, I'll be very honest here. I don't know that much about any of this, I don't have a hookah, nor have I ever used one. My brother is in college at the moment and it is very popular there. He doesn't use one either, but some of his friends do. (I don't object to it or anything, please don't get the wrong idea.)

Now, I'm a very curious person (all of this is just out of curiosity) and I started thinking and some of the people at brother's college smoke something that is just some sort of SUGAR. They say that it has absolutely no negative affects on your body, but that it tastes really good (cause it's sugar and thus sweet).

The way my brother explained it, the sugar can be absorbed in your lungs (as long as it doesn't burn since smoke doesn't get absorbed like that) and then into your bloodstream, so it doesn't cause any problems (unless your diabetic). This is all just out of curiosity, does anyone know anything on this subject?
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:59 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Sugar?

thats a new one in my book, never hurd of it, but would be intresting to try If youu find out exactly what it is let us know...
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:12 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontask View Post
Alright, I'll be very honest here. I don't know that much about any of this, I don't have a hookah, nor have I ever used one. My brother is in college at the moment and it is very popular there. He doesn't use one either, but some of his friends do. (I don't object to it or anything, please don't get the wrong idea.)

Now, I'm a very curious person (all of this is just out of curiosity) and I started thinking and some of the people at brother's college smoke something that is just some sort of SUGAR. They say that it has absolutely no negative affects on your body, but that it tastes really good (cause it's sugar and thus sweet).

The way my brother explained it, the sugar can be absorbed in your lungs (as long as it doesn't burn since smoke doesn't get absorbed like that) and then into your bloodstream, so it doesn't cause any problems (unless your diabetic). This is all just out of curiosity, does anyone know anything on this subject?

Sounds like he's spinning you a yarn.
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Maybe he's talking about the sugar cane stuff used in herbal shishas?
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:07 AM
TheGirlfriend
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to TheGirlfriend

SOUNDS LIKE TEST TIME!!!
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Smoking is harmful .. if you care, don't smoke.
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:56 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

I looked it up herbal shisha's mainly soex use suger cane pulp instead of tabbacco, That is most deffiantly what he must be talking about... Oddly enough the type of suger cane plup they use has been linked to inestianal diesises among factory workers exposed to it, I can just imagine how bad it would be to smoke it directly... I know tabacco's not healthy either but Its not a common thing for people who work with the leaves to get cancer or other issues from just being near it.
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

I dont think he is talking about herbal or anything. Probably just normal shisha. Most people describe it as a sweet smoke, and with sweet comes sugar. Mostly because they dont know that glycerin is used to make it taste "sweet".
But regardless, the health effects are minimal. Most of us on here have been smoking for 1 year plus and i dont think i can find one problem of anyones health due to hookah. You yourself should try hookah, it is a very relaxing experience and it helps you get everything in your life sorted out. I will just sit, with some nice relaxing music, smoking, thinking about everything i have to get done in the week, sometimes write a to do list.
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
I dont think he is talking about herbal or anything. Probably just normal shisha. Most people describe it as a sweet smoke, and with sweet comes sugar. Mostly because they dont know that glycerin is used to make it taste "sweet".
But regardless, the health effects are minimal. Most of us on here have been smoking for 1 year plus and i dont think i can find one problem of anyones health due to hookah. You yourself should try hookah, it is a very relaxing experience and it helps you get everything in your life sorted out. I will just sit, with some nice relaxing music, smoking, thinking about everything i have to get done in the week, sometimes write a to do list.
I agree, it is like yoga but without closing your eyes.
Old August 15th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Tunisiano

theres no harm in trying, but all forms of smoking must be bad in some way, shape or form.. just some forms are worse than others... if you are interested in trying then you should start with something "soft" like herbal shisha (soex, rosha, hydro herbal) before you move on to tobacco shisha
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook